The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

BillRM

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 07:30 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
Martin was not in the midst of committing a crime, he was merely walking, "looking about. So there was nothing for Zimmerman to suspect Martin was up to anything, other than the fact that he was walking slowly in the rain with a hoodie on talking on the phone and looking about.

He was walking slowly in the rain looking at the homes in such a manner that Zimmerman was worry enough that he wished the police to check him out.

The attacked that Trayvon launched on him proved without question that he was a 100 percents right to have concerns about this young man.

Once more, I can not picture myself at any stage of my life attacking a stranger for the crime of annoying me by following me on the public streets and that act alone proved that the young man was a hoodlum and Zimmerman was corrected in his judgment.
BillRM

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Are all our gun nuts here and posting? I am worried that we may have lost one of our posters in Hialeah Fl. lately. How about posting so I know your all alright. The gun nuts that is.

As I told my wife if I had but known of the gentleman plans I could had driven up and given him a nice machete to used to do his killings instead of a gun.

As if anyone is killed anywhere in the world with a gun the anti gun nuts made the kind of comments above but killings done by any other means seems to be Ok with them.

In fact before the first guns the rumors that whole armies and whole cities was wiped out with death tolls in the 100,000 range is just nonsense.
firefly

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:20 pm
http://likethedew.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/coletoon-florida.jpg
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:33 pm
@BillRM,
The attacked that YOU THINK Trayvon MIGHT HAVE launched on him proved without question that he was a 100 percents right to have concerns about this young man...

if indeed it happened the way that saint zimmy says it did.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:46 pm
@BillRM,
You're probably asking yourself why people like 'firefly', CI, Apisa et. all still believe this ****.....

This is the best answer:

Quote:
...in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds [describes CI, firefpy, Apisa pretty well, no...] they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

—Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X[1]

Question is, what would a lie small enough that these clowns here would be immune to it actually look like?

Rockhead

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:48 pm
@gungasnake,
you are quoting Hitler?

imagine that...

who are some of your other heroes?
gungasnake

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:51 pm
@Rockhead,
Hitler is no hero of mine. But he was totally right about simple minded people (like you) and big lies. The guy was basically bright about certain kinds of things.
Rockhead

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:54 pm
@gungasnake,
what is it that makes me simple minded, gunga?

that I don't believe in creationism?

or your mars theories?

I'd like to know how you of all people can feel as though you are smarter than simple old me...

and please tell me some more about how to make purple drank.
gungasnake

Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:58 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I'd like to know how you of all people can feel as though you are smarter than simple old me...

That simply isn't asking for a whole hell of a lot.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 03:00 am
@Rockhead,
Don't forget Peruvians flying about on pterodactyls, smart guys believe that too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:28 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
That's an interesting story Gunga but full of made up BS.

He was found with jewelry but there is no evidence of it being stolen. It fit the description of a burglary but there is no evidence the victim of that burglary ever identified and claimed the items you are suggesting were stolen by Trayvon.

He was found with a screwdriver. I keep one of those in my car but I don't consider it a burglary tool.

If the owner did not claim the jewelry, that doesn't mean the story is BS.

Given Trayvon's Angel Dust addiction, it isn't too surprising to hear that he was suspected of burglary. It certainly puts his casing of those houses in a new light.

Can you imagine the disaster that would have ensued the first time Trayvon got hopped up on Angel Dust and broke into a home that still had a family inside?
oralloy

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:30 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Rockhead wrote:
Zimmerman made his bed.
now he gets to lie in it...

No. What Zimmerman gets to do is shoot more people in self defense when they are dumb enough to attack him.
Sooner or later you clowns will learn to leave him alone.

Or get their gun out first and blow his ******* head off.

My! You are a murderous little bugger, aren't you?

Don't go crying when Zimmerman defends himself again. You'll only be getting what you deserve.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:44 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
The night Trayvon Martin died, he didn't have any burglary tools or women's jewelry or anything else so he was not robbing or had robbed anyone.

But he was carrying key ingredients of his favorite Angel Dust recipe. And he was casing houses.

revelette wrote:
Zimmerman did not know Trayvon Martin, didn't know Martin's past history so there was no reason for Zimmerman to suspect Martin regardless of his supposed past history since Zimmerman was unaware of Martin's past history at the time he made his assumptions of Martin being "up to no good."

Sure there was. First, Trayvon appeared to be on drugs (Angel Dust perhaps). And second, Trayvon appeared to be casing houses.

revelette wrote:
Martin was not in the midst of committing a crime, he was merely walking, "looking about.

And at that moment, Zimmerman wasn't shooting at him. He was merely calling the police and reporting Trayvon's suspicious behavior.

revelette wrote:
So there was nothing for Zimmerman to suspect Martin was up to anything, other than the fact that he was walking slowly in the rain with a hoodie on talking on the phone and looking about.

Zimmerman is a perceptive guy. He is welcome to patrol my neighborhood any time he likes.

revelette wrote:
From what I can understand in a civil lawsuit what matter is why Zimmerman followed Martin, not whether he felt "in fear of his life or great bodily harm."

Nah. The most important thing in a civil lawsuit would be: Was this self defense?

If it was self defense, then the case is thrown out and the Martins will be forced to pay Zimmerman's legal bills.

The reason why he was following Trayvon is easy: The dispatcher was asking him questions about where Trayvon was heading.

A better question would be: Why did Trayvon head back to Zimmerman after Zimmerman stopped following him?

revelette wrote:
The way I see it, if any case makes it to court, it would be a lot easier to prove regardless of Martin's past because we talking about something a lot more concrete than what is reasonable fear.

Will any civil case even make it to court?

If it does, I suspect that Trayvon's history of doing Angel Dust and burglarizing homes might make a bit of an impact on the course of the trial.
oralloy

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:30 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
what is it that makes me simple minded, gunga?
that I don't believe in creationism?
or your mars theories?

I can't speak for gungasnake, but for me it's the fact that every time I get to the point in your posts where you should be backing up your position with facts and logic, all you are doing is spewing name-calling and insults.

Rockhead wrote:
and please tell me some more about how to make purple drank.

The key is to get a large concentration of Dextromethorphan from Robitussin DM, then mix it into a palatable drink.

Trayvon liked mixing his Dextromethorphan with AriZona Watermellon Fruit Drink with Skittles dissolved in it.
revelette

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:37 am
@BillRM,
If my understanding is correct in a civil lawsuit the reason why Zimmerman followed Martin would be the main issue unlike the criminal case. It is unreasonable to suspect someone is up to no good merely for walking "slowly" in the rain and "looking about." It was also a threatening action to then act on those assumptions and follow the them first in the car and then on foot. Since we are not talking of murder here it really does not matter who threw the first punch which has never been established after all this time in any event. What matters is how the whole thing started and what motivated Zimmerman to follow Trayvon Martin that night.
BillRM

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:51 am
@revelette,
Quote:
it is unreasonable to suspect someone is up to no good merely for walking "slowly" in the rain and "looking about

Bet that there would be an army of cops and former cops that would take the stand and disagree with the above statement.
gungasnake

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:51 am
@oralloy,
Martin was into what is called "lean", or "purple drank", which is not the same thing as angle-dust/PCP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

Effects of "lean" are said to include paranoia and aggression, often leading to violence, and liver damage as per Trayvon's autopsy.
firefly

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 07:23 am
Quote:
Jul 21, 2013
Killing Trayvon Martin's soul
by Dante Atkins

An innocent teenage boy is dead. The man who killed him is free. And not only that: He might even get the gun he used returned to him.

The result of the case is a travesty of justice. It should be a crime, beyond any reasonable doubt, for a man to take a loaded gun, act in contravention of the advice of an emergency dispatcher, stalk an innocent teenager in the neighborhood, and kill him after a confrontation that, regardless of who swung first or who swung at all, was the result of the killer's aggressive and reckless behavior. It should be. And every protest, every utterance of abhorrent disbelief, every political press release decrying this miscarriage of justice, every howl of execration from all corners of our country and perhaps even the world, every tear shed for a life that should never have been lost—these are all more than justified.

The rationale for the outcome itself, however, is less simple, and there is adequate reason to agree with the verdict returned, even for those who find it distasteful. The legal system that governed this case had failed Trayvon Martin long before George Zimmerman picked up his gun and decided that he would not be one to get away. It's possible that without the existence of so called "stand your ground" laws in Florida—which apparently allow someone who feels threatened to use deadly force, no matter who initiated an altercation—Zimmerman would have borne some culpability for the spiteful and prejudicial horror he wrought. But should one believe that given the specifics of the laws governing the case and the instructions given the jury, that the correct verdict was handed down, it would seem common sense that there be no celebrating the final outcome of this tragedy.

If only.

For some of the most popular figures on the right, the fact that Trayvon Martin was killed by a stalker for simply walking down a sidewalk is an unacceptable narrative: instead, they feel the need to demonize his life. Here's Ted Nugent:

But George Zimmerman and his entire family, innocent of any wrongdoing, have lost everything and will be in debt for a long, long time for having to fight the trumped-up charges that he "profiled" and/or set out to murder the poor, helpless, dope-smoking, dope-peddling, gangsta wannabe, Skittles hoodie boy.

Rush Limbaugh felt the need to compare Trayvon Martin and Boston Bomber suspect Dzokhar Tzarnaev. The ever-so-moral Pat Robertson declared that Trayvon was basically at fault because he jumped on someone whom he "thought was a quasi-policeman," as if to imply that the victim had a lack of respect for law enforcement and presumably deserved to die for the offense. But as bad as they are, they are far from alone. Right-wing media figures have conducted a relentless smear campaign against the victim, suggesting with no evidence that he was a "wannabe gangster" and a drug dealer with a history of violence. Zimmerman's guilt or innocence had absolutely nothing to do with Trayvon Martin's past, but rather on the singular events that took place that fateful evening. And yet, the right wing continues to feel this twisted compulsion to insult his death by tarnishing his life. Why?

Because as horrific as it is, the fantasy about killing aggressive urban minorities in self-defense is a prevalent, deeply held narrative among certain sections of the American right. It's not a hidden fantasy, a secret and dark desire that dare not speak its name. No, this strain states its intentions and its desires loudly and proudly. Take, for instance, shock jock Neal Boortz, who had this to say about crime in Atlanta:

This town is starting to look like a garbage heap. And we got too damn many urban thugs, yo, ruining the quality of life for everybody. And I'll tell you what it's gonna take. You people, you are - you need to have a gun. You need to have training. You need to know how to use that gun. You need to get a permit to carry that gun. And you do in fact need to carry that gun and we need to see some dead thugs littering the landscape in Atlanta. We need to see the next guy that tries to carjack you shot dead right where he stands. We need more dead thugs in this city. And let their -- let their mommas -- let their mommas say, "He was a good boy. He just fell in with the good crowd." And then lock her ass up.

This isn't an isolated phenomenon. On far-right message board Free Republic, there have been threads where posters openly fantasize about killing black people who "invade" their communities subsequent to rioting or social unrest. In the minds of this strain of the American right, best represented by Rush Limbaugh and Ted Nugent, Trayvon Martin must have been violent, must have been a gangster, must have been a drug dealer or drug addict. Because were this not the case—were he simply, as he was, a teenager carrying a can of iced tea and a pack of Skittles minding his own business and on his way home—it would suggest that perhaps the vigilante fantasy that so pervades the conservative camp might be mistaken; that perhaps standing one's ground for so-called Second Amendment remedies could result in the death of an innocent teenager, rather than justified self-defense against one of Boortz' so-called "urban thugs."

Trayvon Martin is dead. But some among the right feel the need to kill his soul as well, all so a disturbing vigilante fantasy can live on without hindrance.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/21/1224296/-Killing-Trayvon-Martin-s-soul#
0 Replies

parados

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 07:29 am
@oralloy,
The story is BS because there is NOTHING that shows the jewelry was stolen. Since there is no owner claiming the jewelry was stolen and identifying that jewelry there is ZERO evidence that the jewelry was stolen let alone that Trayvon Martin stole it.
parados

Sun 28 Jul, 2013 07:31 am
@gungasnake,
You keep promoting the "purple drank" story and yet there is clear evidence from the toxicology report that no such thing was in his system. Shouldn't you go peddle your Martian water theory?