The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 03:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
as well as conservatives claims of a liberal bias in the major media.

In my life, I had never seems such in your face bias as the news media had been showing of late in fact it is shocking to me.

CBS even going as far as to editor the 911 tape and the constant used of the picture of Trayvon as a smiling 14 years old and referring to him over and over to him as a child.

Few stories on the content of his cell phone or his past history of women jewelry being found in his back pack by his school security that he could/would not explain and on and on and on.

The news media from the start was going to sell the story of a racist white man killing a poor innocent black child come hell or high water.
spendius

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:19 am
@BillRM,
Media sells products and services Bill. Especially its own.

"The medium is the message".
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:27 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
as well as conservatives claims of a liberal bias in the major media.

In my life, I had never seems such in your face bias as the news media had been showing of late in fact it is shocking to me...

Why? CNN and numerous other media outlets have long been virtual departments of the Democratic party, shaping public opinion by selectively over and under-emphasizing stories.
BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:40 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Why? CNN and numerous other media outlets have long been virtual departments of the Democratic party, shaping public opinion by selectively over and under-emphasizing stories.

It in my opinion it never been so open and in your face attempts at selling one side of a news story.

I love the cried of repealing the stand your ground laws over the "large" danger of mad white racists going around killing poor blacks when the facts are any such repeal will mean an increased of not whites behind bars but blacks who used that part of Florida self defense law must more then whites.

We already had far more black males serving terms behind bars then going to college and one in three repeat one in three black males in Florida can not vote due to felony convictions!!!!!!!!!

OmSigDAVID

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:32 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I will tell you the ignore function can be useful as I had found
my blood pressure going down ten points since I had placed Firefly on ignore.

If this keep up I might be able to get off blood pressure meds.
I have a few foul mouthed mental cripples on Ignore.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
We already had far more black males serving terms behind bars then going to college and one in three repeat one in three black males in Florida can not vote due to felony convictions!!!!!!!!!
What is the statistic qua female blacks ?
OmSigDAVID

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Frank, nobody takes Oralboy seriously, you're discrediting a man with no credibility.
From that, I must respectfully dissent,
insofar as his support for the Bill of Rights, including self defense, is concerned.

I have found his knowledge and his reasoning to be eminently credit-worthy
in these areas of concern.

David
izzythepush

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 07:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
When someone starts fantasising about killing babies and nuking allies, it's time to call the men in the white coats. He's seriously deranged and really quite repulsive.
BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 07:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
What is the statistic qua female blacks ?

Black females do not have that problem with the criminal justice system in fact there is a vast void opening up between the black females that are gaining advance degrees in ever increasing numbers and black males who are still more likely to end up in a prison then on a college campus.

On some college campuses black females outnumber black males by two to one.
gungasnake

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 07:58 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Black females do not have that problem with the criminal justice system in fact there is a vast void opening up between the black females that are gaining advance degrees in ever increasing numbers and black males who are still more likely to end up in a prison then on a college campus.

On some college campuses black females outnumber black males by two to one.

That is consistent with the problem having zero to do with genetics or any sort of supposed racial inferiority, and everything to do with societal pathology engendered by a broken political system, pathological government policies, and a rogue (demoKKKrat) political party. That's wht I've been saying all along.
BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:04 am
@gungasnake,
Sorry I know you love to blame the Democrats however all the people in power from both parties for the last few generations share the blames on the sad state of black males along with the so call black leadership and the black males themselves for that matter.

But you are right this have nothing to do with genetics or any sort of supposed racial inferiority.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:57 am
snaKKKe says:

Quote:

That is consistent with the problem having zero to do with genetics or any sort of supposed racial inferiority, and everything to do with societal pathology engendered by a broken political system, pathological government policies, and a rogue (demoKKKrat) political party. That's wht I've been saying all along

As far as genetics goes, true, but you havbe the blame totallyt wrong, as usual. Over the past fifty years there has been substantial growth of a black middle class, due laegely to the civil rights fight and government involvement, largely by Democrats in the last three decades, in increasing educational opportunity and enforcing anti-discrimination policies. Seems since at least Ronald Reagan, Republicans pretty much repudiate anything that allows black equal opportunity, from voting rights to fair redistricting to educational opportunity for everybody (and that includes opportunity for students of poorer households of any race), to economic opportunity (again for all races, tho African-Americans again get particularly hard hit. And then there is still as studies show, substantial societal discrimination against blacks, and automatic ascription of the worst possible motives to them (as you've proved in this discussion).
BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 09:28 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
substantial societal discrimination against blacks, and automatic ascription of the worst possible motives to them (as you've proved in this discussion).

Any group were one in three members are convicted felons are going to be look at harder then others grouping in society no matter what the reason for that conviction rate happen to be.

If a black gentleman is behind you on a dark street he could be a doctor or a lawyer or even an off duty police officer however at least in Florida there is a one in three chance that he is a convicted felon.

The problem is not as simple as non-blacks wrongly assuming the worst about black men and the situation need to be address on many fronts.

Not wasting effects crying that black young males are at risk from racist arms non-blacks as the bodies of thousands of young black males are piling up killed by others young black males.
firefly

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 09:44 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
black males who are still more likely to end up in a prison then on a college campus

Not according to a college professor who has studied the data much more carefully than you have.

Quote:
There are 1.4 million black men in college right now, and there are about 840,000 black men in prison....

Well, if you look at the representation of black males in college, they represent about 5 percent of the college population. If you look at the adult population of black males in the United States, we represent about 5.5 percent of the adult population. So contrary to popular belief, we aren't under-represented in higher education, but we are under-represented at competitive universities and over-represented at community colleges...

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/23/178601467/are-there-really-more-black-men-in-prison-than-college

Quote:
--More Black Men in Jail Than in College? Wrong

Show Me the Numbers: A 13-year-old report using questionable data gave rise to an enduring myth.
By: Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D.
February 28, 2013

What does the line "There are more black men in jail than in college" have in common with the Jheri curl? Answer: They were invented by white men (Jheri Redding and Vincent Schiraldi, respectively) and adopted enthusiastically by black people, and they left a nasty stain on the shoulders of millions of black men.

It's been more than 20 years since the Jheri curl faded away into infamy, and I'm proud to say that even in the 1980s, I never sported a curl. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the line "There are more black men in jail than in college."...

However, just as a Jheri curl would be wrong no matter how you dressed it up today, the line "There are more black men in jail than in college" is wrong no matter how you contextualize, qualify or articulate it.

Today there are approximately 600,000 more black men in college than in jail, and the best research evidence suggests that the line was never true to begin with.
http://www.theroot.com/views/more-black-men-jail-college-wrong?wpisrc=obinsite

Quote:
On some college campuses black females outnumber black males by two to one. ...

Isn't that also true of white females and white males? I also think that white females are getting advanced degrees at a greater rate than white males.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 09:59 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Any group were one in three members are convicted felons are going to be look at harder then others grouping in society no matter what the reason for that conviction rate happen to be.

What do you mean, "no matter what the reason for that conviction rate happen to be"?

The reason for that conviction rate is very important--the criminal justice system is biased against black male defendants. They receive longer and harsher sentences, and less favorable plea deals, than white defendants who have committed similar crimes.

And blacks receive the death penalty proportionally more often.
Quote:
The results of two new studies which underscore the continuing injustice of racism in the application of the death penalty are being released through this report. The first study documents the infectious presence of racism in the death penalty, and demonstrates that this problem has not slackened with time, nor is it restricted to a single region of the country. The other study identifies one of the potential causes for this continuing crisis: those who are making the critical death penalty decisions in this country are almost exclusively white.

From the days of slavery in which black people were considered property, through the years of lynchings and Jim Crow laws, capital punishment has always been deeply affected by race. Unfortunately, the days of racial bias in the death penalty are not a remnant of the past.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-black-and-white-who-lives-who-dies-who-decides

Our criminal justice system is infected with racism.

cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 10:09 am
@firefly,
You wrote, and it needs to be repeated, is
Quote:
The reason for that conviction rate is very important--the criminal justice system is biased against black male defendants. They receive longer and harsher sentences, and less favorable plea deals, than white defendants who have committed similar crimes.

This has been 'common knowledge' ever since I can remember. Blacks get harsher sentences for the same crimes committed by others.

Racial bigots will never figure this out! And we know most of those on these threads.

firefly

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 10:17 am
@BillRM,
Stop promoting the myth that young black males are more likely to be criminals, and more likely to be headed to jail than to college--particularly regarding Trayvon Martin.

Trayvon Martin's mother has a B.A, degree,and his older brother is a senior in college who is now interning in the office of a member of Congress. Martin had no criminal record, no history of anti-social behaviors, and his plans were to go to college, just like his brother. And his two hardworking, decent, loving parents were very involved in his life and guiding him.

Sorry if this family does not fit your negative racial stereotypes.

And stop pretending that Trayvon Martin wasn't a child.

Trayvon Martin was a child--he was only 3 weeks beyond the age of 16. He was too young to have purchased cigarettes or beer at that 7/11 where he bought Skittles and a soft drink, he was too young to vote, he was too young to own a gun.

He may have been 5'11" but he was legally, emotionally, and developmentally, still a child.

Zimmerman was the only, allegedly "responsible adult" involved in that situation that night.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 10:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
This has been 'common knowledge' ever since I can remember. Blacks get harsher sentences for the same crimes committed by others.

Racial bigots will never figure this out! And we know most of those on these threads.

The amount of bigotry expressed in this thread, and others, is disgusting.

It's no wonder they can't see the racial bias in Zimmerman's thinking--they share it.

It's no wonder they can't understand the outrage and protests in the black community over this verdict.

It's no wonder they can't appreciate the effective social activism on the part of the black community that finally got Zimmerman arrested.

It's no wonder they now fear that the black leaders will be able to harness the political power to get flawed self-defense laws changed or repealed, and to get candidates elected who are committed to stronger gun control measures.

They were hoping, and predicting, these people would be rioting, not protesting peacefully and mobilizing for effective social and political action.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 10:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
But firefly love the criminal justice system and time after time supported laws that lock people up and throw away the keys.

But yes we should be able to get the laws in the kind of shape that does not locked up a large percents of all black males but once more you just can not blame the justice system as that system is not causing the leading cause of deaths for young black males being other young black males for example.

There is no simple solutions and there are plenty of blame to go around including blame on the young blacks themselves.

Note an appeal of the stand your ground law is going to result in more blacks behind bars the whites.
firefly

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 11:21 am
@BillRM,
Our criminal justice system is infected with racism.

And so are your attitudes.

Your bigotry, and ignorance, and arrogance, as a white male, is just disgusting. Are you that unaware of your own hostile racist attitudes?

Your posts are so sickeningly racist, they should come equipped with these for the people that read them...
http://www.furbium.com/images/UnixBarfBag.jpg

0 Replies