The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

izzythepush

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, nobody takes Oralboy seriously, you're discrediting a man with no credibility.
izzythepush

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:26 pm
@roger,
I was under the impression that the three day waiting period was to make sure people didn't buy guns when they were hot headed. Just because I want to shoot my neighbour now doesn't mean I'm going to want to shoot him in three days.
Frank Apisa

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank, nobody takes Oralboy seriously, you're discrediting a man with no credibility.

Yup.

Wink
ossobuco

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Early on, in one of my threads, he mentioned his desire to bomb italy. I'm not sure I could find it now, it might have been swiped by awake mods.

Meantime, years later, I watch people feed this person in effort for meaningful exchange, because they like arguing well.
Frank Apisa

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:38 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Early on, in one of my threads, he mentioned his desire to bomb italy. I'm not sure I could find it now, it might have been swiped by awake mods.

Meantime, years later, I watch people feed this person in effort for meaningful exchange.

I realize that meaningful exchanges with Oralloy are just about impossible. Normally I don't even bother. Just felt a compulsion to comment...and he did not disappoint me.
ossobuco

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I edited - I take you as a feeder because of your delight in arguing.
Sometimes that is just stupid.
ossobuco

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll agree that answering isn't always stupid, as new readers may learn stuff.
But in some cases it is pure feed to a Zot.
oralloy

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:51 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Is Frank Apisa still spewing lies about me?

Once again, a reminder: every single thing that Frank Apisa ever says is always an outright lie.

Why in the world would you think a mod would delete such a post? I was expressing a legitimate and on-topic point of view, and was supporting the cause of justice.

Just because an evil scumbag like you opposes doing the right thing doesn't mean that doing the right thing is against A2K policy. Sheesh!

ossobuco wrote:
Meantime, years later, I watch people feed this person in effort for meaningful exchange, because they like arguing well.

I hope it doesn't come as a surprise to you that most people don't share your opposition to meaningful exchanges.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:00 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I'll agree that answering isn't always stupid, as new readers may learn stuff.
But in some cases it is pure feed to a Zot.

Zot is supposed to be some sort of name-calling I presume, you being an evil scumbag who dislikes it when people defend the innocent.

No one will ever learn anything from Frank Apisa, for the simple reason that every single thing he says is an outright lie.

(They might learn something from my posts however.)
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I take oralloy seriously. He represents a strand in US public opinion which seems to have a great deal of traction.

Would Mr Zimmerman pass a background check? Why not--it's just a red herring?
Frank Apisa

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:14 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I edited - I take you as a feeder because of your delight in arguing.
Sometimes that is just stupid.

If you feel that way about me...you feel that way. Nothing I can do about that.

But why, then, are you feeding me?
roger

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:34 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't know. Things were much simpler the last time I bought a gun. I do think that at the federal level of the operation it is more or less instantaneous, except at gun shows. There are any number of states that impose waiting periods. That's what they seem to want, and has nothing to do with the approval time for a background check.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Because I like you, of course.
Frank Apisa

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Because I like you, of course.

Well then...perhaps I can ask for more pistachios in the feed! Wink
ossobuco

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
with or without salt?
oralloy

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:55 pm
@spendius,
izzythepush wrote:

Non-freaks take me seriously enough.

And Frank couldn't hope to ever discredit me. All he does is post an endless series of silly lies.

spendius wrote:
I take oralloy seriously. He represents a strand in US public opinion which seems to have a great deal of traction.
Would Mr Zimmerman pass a background check? Why not--it's just a red herring?

Zimmerman should easily pass a background check. And there is a popular movement afoot to buy him a new gun so he can carry until his regular is returned.

As for representing a portion of the public, I'll do my best not to disappoint. But it might depend on the specific issue whether or not my views represent any particular group.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:04 pm
Quote:
Poll: Racial split on George Zimmerman verdict
By JAMES ARKIN
7/23/13

Reactions to the acquittal of George Zimmerman varied drastically along racial lines, with African-Americans disapproving of the verdict in overwhelming numbers and a majority of whites supporting it, according to a new poll.

Eighty-six percent of African-Americans disapproved of the not guilty verdict with just 9 percent approving, according to The Washington Post-ABC News poll on Monday. That’s compared with 51 percent of whites who supported the verdict and 31 percent who disapproved.

Reactions to the verdict also split across party lines, with 22 percent of Democrats approving of the verdict and 62 percent disapproving, while 65 percent of Republicans approve of the verdict compared with just 20 percent who disapprove.

These numbers underscore some of the public reactions to the Zimmerman verdict. Rallies were held nationwide calling for a change to certain self-defense laws and civil rights charges against Zimmerman, while President Obama gave surprise remarks Friday on the state of race in the U.S.

According to the poll, 81 percent of African-Americans think Zimmerman should be charged by the federal government for violating Martin’s civil rights, while just 3 percent think he should not be charged. Only 27 percent of whites think Zimmerman should be charged by the federal government compared with 59 percent who think he should not be charged.

The poll was conducted July 18-21 with a random national sample of 1,002 adults. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. It is 4.5 points for the sample of white respondents and 11 points among African-Americans and Hispanics.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/george-zimmerman-trial-verdict-racial-split-poll-94604.html#ixzz2ZvN255Aa
OmSigDAVID

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . Can not see any public benefits in granting special protections
to such people in attacking in a public space. . . .
SO STIPULATED, Bill!
I love the way that the US 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
put it last December in Moore v. Madigan:
the place where you are attacked
is the place where you have the right to defend yourself

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:31 pm
@firefly,
interesting...if one only paid attention to A2K they would never dream that the majority of Americans approve of the not guilty verdict. it does appear to be the case. even watching the news brings to mind Nixon's "silent majority", as well as conservatives claims of a liberal bias in the major media.
Frank Apisa

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 03:35 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

with or without salt?

Cashews with salt...pistachios without.
0 Replies