The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

revelette

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 07:55 pm
@gungasnake,
There is still an open investigation from the DOJ, they need the evidence from the trial which happens to include the gun Zimmerman used in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. They also have Trayvon Martin's gray hoodie.
OmSigDAVID

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 07:58 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Zimmerman Won’t Be Getting His Gun Back After All
gungasnake wrote:
Give that one a couple of weeks to shake out.
Eric Holder is not a gypsy and he does not have any sort of a dispensation from Christ to steal, and insisting on keeping that gun is basically just theft. George Zimmerman has committed no crime, has done nothing wrong, and is lawfully entitled to that gun.
SO STIPULATED, but he shud get a more reliable one (a revolver)
with better stopping power.

David
revelette

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh enough with the "so stipulated" the trial is over and we have all been real impressed, but come on...
gungasnake

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:09 pm
@revelette,
If you don't believe that a USAG could ultimately go to prison for the kind of misconduct Eric Holder has been guilty of, ask John Mitchell...
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
As I posted earlier Zimmerman had been offer any firearm of his choice by the author by the name of Brad Thor when he found that the DOJ is playing games over returning Zimmerman gun.

Hopefully the NRA will also get involved to try to get his legally own firearm return to him by ways of the courts.

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Thor

Brad Thor (born 1969) is an American thriller novelist[1] and author of The Lions of Lucerne, Path of the Assassin, State of the Union, Blowback, Takedown, The First Commandment, The Last Patriot, The Apostle, Foreign Influence, The Athena Project, ″Full Black″, and Black List. His most recent novel, ″Hidden Order″ was released in July of 2013. Thor' novels have been published in countries around the world. He also contributed a short story entitled "The Athens Solution" to the James Patterson-edited anthology, Thriller.

The Last Patriot was nominated for "Best Thriller of the Year" by the International Thriller Writers Association.[2] His novel Blowback was voted by National Public Radio listeners as one of the "100 Best Ever" Killer Thrillers.[3][4]

He lives in Chicago and in the Greek island of Antiparos.[5]
firefly

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
BillRM is a lost cause where it concerns blacks living in the US. Talking to him is a waste of time, because what he believes about himself, that he's color-blind, is the key to his racial bigotry. He's blind, all right, and it's not about color. He's blind about his own bigotry.

Actually, it's somewhat ironic that BillRM now supports racial profiling of black young men--even one who was doing nothing more "suspicious" than walking around talking on his cell phone as he returned from the store. BillRM actually insists this was behavior that warrented Zimmerman not just calling the police, but also stalking and menacing this child.

BillRM didn't like it when he was profiled as a possible pedophile or child abductor by a group of adults who found his interactions with young children in a park "suspicious" and troubling --they made sure he was asked to leave the park, to protect those children. And what BillRM was doing in that park was a lot more "suspicious" than anything Zimmerman saw Martin doing that night.

BillRM used kittens to get young children, who were unaccompanied by any adults, to engage with him, and other adults in the park who witnessed this recognized that this might be the "animal lure" that child abductors and pedophiles often use to engage children and break down their resistance to interact with strangers, and they felt very disturbed about what they were seeing. So they took action and made sure BillRM got booted out of that park.

When BillRM related this experience, in another thread, he railed about having been "profiled", and how "unfair" profiling is, and how it infringed on his civil rights. He, of course, claimed he was "innocent" of any intention to harm children.

He's obviously changed his tune, since he now thinks it's just fine to profile.

It's now fine with BillRM to profile any black high school kid, who wanders on and off the sidewalk while talking on his cell phone, in a place he has a legitimate right to be, as a potential criminal who should be stalked, frightened, and then shot, if they try to defend themselves from the menacing stranger who did these things to them.

Well, if BillRM now thinks that profiling is that acceptable, and accurate, and that people should trust their suspicions, that makes BillRM a pedophile, since that's how he was profiled, and he was spotted using a classic "animal lure" with young children, and those adults were right to nail him and to get him thrown out of that park.

BillRM should not only not complain that he was profiled, he should commend those adults who had him thrown out of that park, because they were acting to protect their community and children from "types" like him. He's just lucky it wasn't Zimmerman who spotted him in that park...
Miller

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 09:59 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

So, are you saying that any woman who feels threatened by a man who might be following her...

There's a reason why a man, in the dead of night would be stalking a young woman alone on the streets. It wouldn't be for a prayer session or an invite to "High Tea".

( As far as the other nonsense you posted about date-rape, I never mentioned date rape.)
OmSigDAVID

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:07 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
He's just lucky it wasn't Zimmerman who spotted him in that park...
because if Zimmy spotted him,
then he 'd have called 911 and then [horrors!!!] FOLLOWED Bill and the kittens,
and if Bill beat Zimmy 's head against the cement,
then Zimmy 'd have shot Bill (unless Bill shot him first, with Bill's .357 revolver)
OmSigDAVID

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:16 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
As I posted earlier Zimmerman had been offered any firearm of his choice by the author by the name of Brad Thor
when he found that the DOJ is playing games over returning Zimmerman's gun.

Hopefully the NRA will also get involved to try to get his legally owned firearm return to him by way of the courts.
I heard that Zimmy had been an Obama supporter.
If so, then maybe in recognition of that fact,
if he applies to Obama, he will buy Zimmy a new gun.
firefly

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:16 pm
@Miller,
Quote:

There's a reason why a man, in the dead of night would be stalking a young woman alone on the streets...

And a man with a loaded gun, stalking a high school kid who's walking home alone in the dark, might be up to no good either...and that kid should have the right to defend himself from this stranger who's menacing him...
cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:18 pm
@firefly,
firefly, You're on a merry-go-round. Ya gotta learn to jump off.... Mr. Green 2 Cents
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I heard that Zimmy had been an Obama supporter....

I would assume George Zimmerman has been cured of that, by the events of the last year.
OmSigDAVID

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:22 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
There's a reason why a man, in the dead of night would be stalking a young woman alone on the streets...
firefly wrote:
And a man with a loaded gun, stalking a high school kid who's walking home alone in the dark, might be up to no good either...and that kid should have the right to defend himself from this stranger who's menacing him...
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IMPROPER WITH FOLLOWING ANYONE.
It is lawful and honorable to DO it.
Following is NOT menacing.

That also applies to following Obama in department stores.

David
Miller

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:41 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
Black boys denied the right to be young
By Eugene Robinson,
July 15, 2013

We need to talk about why, for example, black men ...condemned to a dead-end cycle of incarceration and unemployment. I call this racism. What do you call it?

One major cause for unemployment is the lack of relevant skills in contemporary society, not racism. If you can't speak and write fairly decent English and lack computer skills, you're going to have a major problem in the US today, finding any job paying more than the minimum.

If you're complaining night and day about discrimination, sexism, racism etc, no one is going to hire you, mainly because you're potentially bad trouble waiting to happen.

In life, today, you have to "suck it up" and work your ass off to suceed in whatever employment you can find.

Do you think the pig killers who slaughter hogs in the killer pits in the Iowa farm lands enjoy their work, especially when the temps in the pits often reach 110F?

Do you think these workers like the smell of rotting pig blood on their bodies and clothes?

I doubt it. But the job does pay a constant salary , which has allowed many a worker to pay off their homes and send their kids through college. If the workers in the "killer pits" had spent their time complaining about life, they'd have nothing today but a huge beer belly , rotten teeth, and dumb-ass kids running through the house. These workers learned to "suck it up"
and make something of their lives.

By the way, many of these workers are minorities.

0 Replies

firefly

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Following is NOT menacing. ..

It is if the person being followed feels menaced, and fears their life is in imminent danger, or that great bodily harm might come to them, from this strange person who is following them in the dark...

That's not unreasonable fear.

It's a lot more reasonable than feeling your life is in danger from a single punch in the nose by a skinny unarmed kid you outweigh by 50 or 60 pounds...

Since you and BillRM are both in Florida now, why don't you follow him down some dark deserted streets and let me know how it turns out...

Miller

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:46 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:

As I recall, the "kid" banged Zimmerman's head against the concrete sidewalk.
So, to avoid having his brains splatter across the sidewalk, Zimmerman shot the "kid".
Miller

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:50 pm
@firefly,
Zimmerman weighed about 50-60 pounds more than the muscular "kid".

What you fail to mention is that the weight advantage Zimmerman had was mainly fatty tissue.

Since the "kid" was young , why didn't he just run like hell?
BillRM

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
firefly wrote:
He's just lucky it wasn't Zimmerman who spotted him in that park...
because if Zimmy spotted him,
then he 'd have called 911 and then [horrors!!!] FOLLOWED Bill and the kittens,
and if Bill beat Zimmy 's head against the cement,
then Zimmy 'd have shot Bill (unless Bill shot him first, with Bill's .357 revolver)

Oh I guess I am missing something by having Firefly on ignore but then I guess I am not either by the quotes from her I am reading.

Oh one must wonder how Firefly who had express wishes to do everything but boil alive people with illegal pictures can defend Trayvon who by reports was found to have a numbers of under age naked pictures of girls on his cell phone. Shame shame on that sweet young man who the news media is still showing pictures of as a 13-14 years old.

I guess the color of his skin and being anti self defense is enough in this case to out weight Firefly desire to locked up every teenage boy in the nation that had talked his girlfriend into sending him such pictures or who have male friends who had share such pictures of their girlfriends with him.
BillRM

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:00 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I would assume George Zimmerman has been cured of that, by the events of the last year.

Lord as unhappy and as outright shock over Obama and the Obama administration behaviors of late both over the NSA massive spying and the Zimmerman nonsense I still sadly question if the republicans would be any better.

In that regard, I will point out that the Florida governor who appointed a special prosecutor who was task to go after Zimmerman is a damn republican.
BillRM

Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:06 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
As I recall, the "kid" banged Zimmerman's head against the concrete sidewalk.
So, to avoid having his brains splatter across the sidewalk, Zimmerman shot the "kid".

Also anyone in fear and happen to be on the right side of the law that have any concerns about being follow would hang up from talking to his girlfriend and call 911 himself or at least his family to come meet him.

Not turn back and attack his follower who could had been anyone including a plain cloth police officer.
0 Replies