The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

firefly

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:39 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
When you have a reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm.

And, of course, all black males--particularly those you've already racially profiled--make that fear "reasonable". Rolling Eyes Even when you're the one who has been stalking and menacing them. Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:11 pm
@BillRM,
Witnesses are third hand biased information.

It's what Zimmerman himself did "before" and after those injuries that proves they were minor, and didn't justify killing a kid for them.

Zimmerman was the vigilante with a gun; a no-no according to the National Neighborhood Watch rules.

He was supposed to call the police, and not get involved.

BillRM

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:24 pm
One thing I find interesting is if Zimmerman had not been armed that night and Trayvon beating had placed Zimmerman either in a grave or on life support in an IU it would not had been anything but a local news story.

No army of FBI agents looking to see if Trayvon is a racist, no comments from the President over the case and so on.

An if Trayvon had been white or even brown like Zimmerman instead of black and Zimmerman had needed to killed him in self defense once more no national news story and no arrest as there would not had been mass demonstrations with chanting no justice no peace led by Sharpton and the overriding of the judgement of the local prosecutor.

To sum up the racist element is not from those who believed that anyone have a right of self defense if attacked no matter what the hell the skin colors happen to be but those who feel that due to the color of Trayvon skin Zimmerman did not have a right to save himself.

cicerone imposter

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:25 pm
@BillRM,
Your "if's" are tangents without any common sense.
BillRM

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

He did call the police and he did not confront Trayvan instead Trayvan turn and attacked him.

If he had been eager to confront Trayvan himself he would not have called the police in the first place.
cicerone imposter

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:29 pm
@BillRM,
You're too stupid to have any sensible discussion with. You're now on my Ignore list'; you're a complete waste of time.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:31 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
BillRM wrote:

He did call the police and he did not confront Trayvan
instead Trayvan turn and attacked him.

If he had been eager to confront Trayvan himself
he would not have called the police in the first place.
YEAH! Then Zimmy cud have shot him
n stuffed the body into the trunk of his car;
maybe fed it to an alligator.
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Your "if's" are tangents without any common sense.

Just pointing out that you and Firefly and Farmerman are racists as it is the color of the actors skins that matter to you not their actions independent of those skin colors.

It is a simple case of self defense from the beginning and only the fact that Trayvon happen to had been black and Zimmerman brown did the matter ever saw the massive news coverage and a political trial with a second political trial being threaten.

Hell as I pointed out before the mountain of 700 dead black young men in Chicago alone every year does not get the fraction of the news coverage of this one case of self defense have done.

0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're too stupid to have any sensible discussion with. You're now on my Ignore list'; you're a complete waste of time.

My heart is broken.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You're too stupid to have any sensible discussion with.
You're now on my Ignore list'; you're a complete waste of time.
U see what happens to u when u disprove C. I. 's reasoning, Bill??
U shud have known better than that. NOW, u must pay the horrible price
of being disconnected from C. I.!
I can't imagine anything worse than that.

David
OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
for all we know this event at base might have been martin making the mistake of attacking someone who had a gun, and who had the legal authority to use it on martin. that would disqualify martin and his advocates from using the victim label for him.
It seems un-likely that Martin wud have attacked Zimmy
if he had known that Zimmy was armed (if only with a puny little 9mm automatic).

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I can't imagine anything worse than that.

I can as in being attacked by someone with a black skin in Florida and needing to used deadly force to save myself.

If god forbid I am ever in that sad position I can only hope like hell that the attacker have a whiter skin then myself hell hopefully a damn albino would be good.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Martin didn't have the right to attack Zimmerman because of being followed. Martin brought this on himself when he thought it was ok to attack the "creepy as cracker" because he was following him. There was no force from Zimmerman, the only force used until a gun shot rang out was from Martin. You guys always forget to mention that Martin was hitting Zimmerman and not the other way around.
revelette

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:52 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Exactly what Trayvon did I am unsure of. Him ending up at Zimmerman's position does not seem consistent with him running away however.

I agree.
0 Replies

revelette

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:02 pm
@Baldimo,
We don't know who started the confrontation, it could have happened as firefly described (a fight over his gun) or it could have been Martin fearing for his life standing his ground from a stalker. Are blacks prohibited from using the stand your defense?
OmSigDAVID

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:05 pm

If I were a black, I 'd protest against Al Sharpton n Jessie Jackson.
Thay brought disgrace down on the black race, in opposing freedom of self defense.

If I were a black, I 'd be LOUD in expressing my good wishes
for Zimmy 's success.

David
revelette

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:14 pm
Quote:
Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin recognized the wider role their son’s death has had in exposing the justice system’s racial biases:

Is this the intent for the justice system to have for victims? It’s sending a terrible message to other little black and brown boys that, you can’t walk fast, you can’t walk slow. So what do they do? I mean, how do you get home without people assuming that you’re doing something wrong? Trayvon wasn’t doing anything wrong.

source
Baldimo

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:18 pm
@revelette,
Why make it a race issue? It has nothing to do with race but ones actions. If Zimmerman started the fight wouldn't Martin have had marks and or wounds? There were none, the only person with marks from a fight was Zimmerman. I have seen footage of the area where everything took place, and there was no way for Martin to see that Zimmerman had a gun.

It leaves us with the facts: No marks on Martin indicating that he was hit by Zimmerman, Zimmerman had wounds (regardless of how serious they may or may not have been). This leads us to believe that Martin started the physical fight. Even if Zimmerman had said bad things about Martin, it didn't mean Martin had the right to hit him.
revelette

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:28 pm
@Baldimo,
It is about race because if you are a black man or boy, people assume you are dangerous or suspicious as did Zimmerman.

Zimmerman could have shoved Martin which wouldn't leave a mark but which would start a fight. Martin then could have hit him hard to enough to bloody his nose and knock him down, they could have fought on the ground and at some point Zimmerman was able reach his gun which was holstered on his back side, then Zimmerman could have shot him. Or Martin cold have hit first hard enough to knock him down then they rolled on the ground. Martin would have been justified because he had just been tailed and stalked by Zimmerman, Martin was fearful of what Zimmerman was going to do to him so he stood his ground and fought him. He wasn't armed, so it was unfair fight from the get go.

Since his gun was located in the back, there was no way Martin could have seen his gun to reach for it in the first place or have succeeded in getting to it even if he did see it.
cicerone imposter

Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
But you're not black, so quit acting the fool you are!