Am I paranoid or could I be pregnant?

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:40 pm
I would really appreciate some help - anything that would calm my nerves. I am a 16 year old girl, and I refuse to have sex until I'm married, but I'm still worried. A few days ago my boyfriend and I were at the park. We both had our clothes on and he was on top of me but I noticed a stain on his shorts that had leaked through mine. I'm not sure if the stain was in the right spot for this to happen, but is there any way that anything could have gone through my underwear and gotten me pregnant? I was wearing a tampon at the time if that helps or hinders in any way. I would just like someone's honest opinion so I can clear my mind or make a decision. Thanks to anyone who replies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,272 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:44 pm
Elle1287- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

If you are accurate in your description of what happened, there is NO chance that you could become pregnant. Relax.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:51 pm
Elle--

Welcome again to A2K.

Phoenix is right--sperm simply aren't clever enough to get through his clothes, your clothes and your tampax. You are not pregnant.

Are you uncomfortable with heavy necking and petting? Remember, you have a right to ask your boyfriend to slow down and cool off.

Useful websites:

www.iwannaknow.org

and

www.plannedparenthood.org

Good luck.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:26 pm
It is more likely that HE is pregnant. Really.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:33 pm
Re: Am I paranoid or could I be pregnant?
Elle1287 wrote:
I would really appreciate some help - anything that would calm my nerves. I am a 16 year old girl, and I refuse to have sex until I'm married, but I'm still worried. A few days ago my boyfriend and I were at the park. We both had our clothes on and he was on top of me .

Calm down Elle. If you're really that concerned about it, get yourself a home pregnancy test. They are accurate and reliable. In the meantime, get yourself some birth control! It's good that you don't want to have sex before marriage, but keep yourself prepared JUST IN CASE things don't work out that way!

BTW ~ You say you two were at the park when this happened. Where were you? In a car? Laying on the ground....either out in the open or in a wooded area?

As for that 'stain' on your boyfriends pants....it sounds like the guy got pretty excited! For your sake in the future, I hope he isn't a '60 second man'. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:35 pm
This is an excellent site.
http://talksexwithsue.com/index2.html
Sue Johanson is a nationally sindicated sex program on every sunday night in Canada. She is a grandmother, a nurse and brilliant when is comes to handling question posed like this.

Please elle, visit this site. It will teach you a lot.
Welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:51 pm
Don't they teach sex education in school?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:51 am
Probably not, caprice! And even if they did, I'm sure a 16-yr.-old girl would NOT be comfortable asking a question like this in front of her class!

Not to worry, Elle. You're safe...for now.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:21 am
Eva: I wasn't implying she would ask...just thought they would give the straight talk on how one would become pregnant and dispel the myths!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:46 pm
Caprice--

Sex ed usually deals with Abstinence, male and female plumbing, STD's and other Broad General Theory.

Unexpected little wet spots aren't mentioned.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:23 pm
So what you're saying is, there is no dispelling of myths.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 08:23 pm
Caprice--

Usually the myths go unchallenged. After all, we don't want to inflame all those kids with all those hormones--and most of the myths make abstinence seem like a good idea.

Goal: Sex education should be taught in a way to offend no one (except possibly those who believe that young people deserve accurate information).
0 Replies