Favorite Awful Movie

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 10:48 pm
Yes LW! Of course you are right. Richard Egan sure did play Molly's father in "A Summer Place."
And three cheers for Doris Day. Hey Quinn, did you prefer her married to Jim Garner (he was SO handsome) or fighting off Rock Hudson?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 10:57 am
I'm with Quinn on "Gargoyles" which only garners two stars (average) but "The Fast and the Furious" is a good film in the genre (somehow reminded me of "American Graffiti" and Spike Lee's films). "Eight Legged Freaks" actually got some good reviews as a comedy, so don't feel too twisted. Haven't seen it yet (it's on pay-per-view but I think I'll wait for HBO).
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 11:21 am
eoe...Rock Hudson was good, so was Garner though..if I had to choose...Garner.
LW...it certainly is a see it film but, personally I wouldnt tell anyone to rush out or anything...its that kind of humor, and not lots of people go for that.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 10:44 pm
Valley of the Dolls.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 11:02 pm
What about some of the "foreign" arty movies it used to be essentail & very smart to like? Saw Jules & Jim a while ago at the bug house ... Good grief! So corny, so dated & so VERY funny when it was meant to be SOOOOOOOO serious! The audience howled with laughter!
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 06:00 am
Ouch..I love that movie.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 06:45 am
hebba

Yes, I loved it, too. But there was something about that bug house reaction that sort of made me see how much it had dated. Sad ...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 09:49 pm
My brother and I, when we were kids, tripped up on a hysterically awful movie with Dana Andrews called "Hot Rods to Hell." It came on pretty often back in the late 60's and we never missed it, laughing ourselves silly.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 04:57 pm
LOVE Dana Andrews...sigh
Anyone ever watch Two Lane Blacktop...thats a pretty bad one from the 70's but, it had its following
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:27 pm
Dana Andrews?????
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:30 pm
http://www.reelclassics.com/Actors/Dana/images4/dana_andrews_faceshot.jpg
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:46 pm
Dana Andrews?????
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:50 pm
what? Not good for you? sorry! Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:05 pm
Hee-hee.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 10:09 pm
If you want to enjoy some REALLY, REALLY BAD movies, check out "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" on the Sci Fi channel.

They dig up the stupidest, most inane movies and criticize them as they roll.

The names are forgettable.

I think The Wedding Singer is a ridiculous movie. The Waterboy, too. (I can't stop watching them.)
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 05:47 pm
"Showgirls", is in the Booman "Guilty Pleasure" Hall of Fame.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:04 pm
favorite bad movie i love to watch is kurt russell in john carpenter's 'big trouble in little china"

a mix of an action adventure with kung ku, magic, and laughs.

the critics never understood it, nor do i, but i love to watch russell swagger like john wayne as he screws up about everything.

them boys were on drugs when they made the film and it shows.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:45 pm
Booman: I watched most of Showgirls on some cable channel (FX or TNT, I think) last month. I saw it in the theatre and wondered how they would manage the nudity, sex, and language. Well, not only did they dub the dialogue and cut out the more explicit scenes, they actually had little animated bras on the topless girls! Not just blurred out spots that followed them around - actual fake costumes! I thought I'd seen everything...
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 10:00 pm
That is a form of heresy, you just don't tamper with classics! Evil or Very Mad ....
actually, I suppose you have learned as I have some movies no matter how much you like them, are best avoided, unless they are on the premium channels. (animated bras? Rolling Eyes that's got to be a first.)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 10:22 pm
You'll have to rent "Showgirls" of try to catch it on a premium channel to see the uncensored film like Booman suggests. The moving bras reminds me of "Eyes Wide Shut," where Kubrick was forced to cover some of the explicit scenes in the orgy party with digital figures. I'm with you, kuvasz, on "Big Trouble In Little China" -- a rollicking kung fu silly unmasterpiece (I've seen it three times).
0 Replies