Favorite Awful Movie

hebba

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 01:50 pm
When you say "two star" I take it you´re referring to Bullock and Caine.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:10 pm
Video Hound and all the other tomes of movie ratings and recommendations (which are compiled into a database used by cable companies on their movie ratings and newspaper guides) are the best source for a consensus of the critical response to a film. Word of mouth, certainly. There are those that have made it to the annals of turkeys of all time like "Ishtar," "Plan Nine from Outer Space," and "Howard the Duck" among some of the memorable ones. One could use ww.imdb.com and look up the film and in the left hand tree, there's a place to click on for external reviews. You can also enter the film into Google and it will come up with reviews. But I find that www.mrqe.com is a good site for finding reviews as well as www.metacritic.com and www.rottentomotoes.com.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:35 pm
Tell your friends to stuff it -- "Calamity Jane" is a three star film and nostalgic for me as I had a "Secret Love" at the time. Maybe this should be guilty pleasures but maybe one shouldn't feel so guilty -- one man's meat is another man's poison.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:37 pm
http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2002/121202.asp
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 03:03 pm
Another lousy movie that I love is, "Where the Boys Are", with Connie Francis. I think that I could relate with the girls in the flick when it came out.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 03:32 pm
"Medusa, Dare to be truthful"

Julie Brown's (not "downtown"), pick at Madonna's "Truth or Dare" is one of my favorite bad movies of all time!! I watch it whenever I'm in a bad mood, it really cracks me up!! Laughing Laughing

Also "Killer Klowns From Outer Space", stupidity for the sake of being stupid,...my kind of nonsense!! Laughing
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 04:26 pm
JerryR - ".....in between my creamy thighs!"
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 04:46 pm
Phoenix, I LOVED "Where the Boys Are" and all of the Gidget movies and the Elvis stuff too. Can't deny it, as bad as they are. But my favorite bad movie, bad writing AND bad acting, of all time is "A Summer Place" with Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 04:56 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ,..Sugar!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 04:59 pm
Soapdish -
Sally Field, Kevin Kline, Kathy Moriarty, Robert Downey, Jr., Whoopie Goldberg. I laughed from beginning to end. And, I'm probably the only viewer who did. But so what. I loved it.

All of Johnny Weismuller's Tarzan films, although I would have preferred less of Cheetah. Loved those films as a kid, and still do today.

Little K - I'm with you on the early Jean Claude Van Dam movies.

and I agree with Fbaezer about American Gigolo, too. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:12 pm
Now you're with it -- "A Summer Place." Even the theme music is deliciously corny. Of course, it's hopelessly outdated to the point of being laughable except for the actor who played the part of Troy Donahue's father, actually some good acting lost in a sea of melodrama. And yet, I still watch it if it comes on at a convenient time. The Weismuller Tarzan films are well thought as the best of the lot -- I'd be embarassed if I watched the effort by Bo Derek!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:13 pm
(Although the gay crowd may be turned on to that particular Tarzan...somehow I think that's the audience they were targetting).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:28 pm
At first LW, I thought you were talking about Robert Ryan. He gave a terrible performance, stiff and wooden. But he played Sandra Dee's father. The actor who played Troy Donahue's father had a more comfortable air about him but his character was a drunk and maybe that had something to do with it. He also played Selena Cross' stepfather in my second favorite bad movie, "Peyton Place." And again, he played a no-account drunk. What is his name? Did her ever not play a drunk?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:35 pm
Oops. That was Arthur Kennedy. He did a ton of stuff before "Peyton Place." Alot of Westerns.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:45 pm
Sandra Dee's father was played by Richard Egan who could now be a good candidate to play Trent Lott in a TV movie (if he's still alive).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:46 pm
Arthur Kennedy's filmography:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Kennedy,+Arthur+(I)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 09:05 pm
I love Doris Day stuff too...and would NEVER think of them as bad Smile

Gargoyles...always stayed home from school as a kid to watch it...absolutely horrid film but, I cant help myself.

I also think Dusk till Dawn is great but, I take it as a comedy.

I always liked those re enactment movies...gosh..cant remember their names..bad films from like the 70's with people eating monkey brains and stuff....thats pretty bad.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 09:53 pm
Dusk till dawn! Great flick! And so was Dead Alive, but that was more good than bad, methinks. Still, they are slap-stick horror - got to love that genre!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 10:01 pm
Love it too much I think

OH WAIT>>>>>IFORGOT

Eight Legged Freaks...that was hysterical

and

Fast and Furious

gosh..Im twisted
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 10:08 pm