Does he like me!?

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:04 pm
Ok...my really good friend likes MY crush!!! She's always talking to him and when I try to talk she always interrupts me and starts saying something else!! I've liked him for ages and she's like...REALLY pretty and I'm not as pretty anyways se has a new boyfriend every month and I've actually never had one! So I want him to be the first because I love him so much! We are friends but how do I get him to notice me over her? What do I do to make sure I'm his first choice and not her!? Please answer...thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 497 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Name Withheld

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 03:23 am
@sophie2001,
I'm assuming you're 11 or 12 from your handle, Sophie. You can't really force someone to choose you over another person, but you can make your own romantic interest clear. Boys are often shy about declaring themselves to a girl they like. You might need to take the initiative and ask him if he would like to do something special with you, like catch a movie or grab some ice cream. It might not have occurred to him that you are interested in him other than as a friend. Most boys find this pretty flattering, and it changes how they see you. He might decide he just wants to be friends, which can be tough to hear. But if you never take the chance you'll definitely never get to have a boyfriend!

Don't worry too much about your friend. If he chooses her or another girl, there's not much you can do about it. I would make it clear to her that you are interested in him too and would appreciate if she would not flirt with him unless she seriously wanted to date him. I'm not sure you can fairly tell her not to date him, although it would be reasonable to let her know that you have a special interest in him.
0 Replies