What do you think is going on?( So Confused)=(

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 01:34 pm

I have a question.. any help, input, advise would be appreciated this will probably be long sorry i want to explain so you can get an idea whats happening..
I met this guy 9 months ago..we dated and hit it off pretty good.needless to say were in a committed relationship now. were both 35 i have kids he doesn't. but he loves kids ( hes very good with kids)..heres a few things that kinda have me puzzled. Ok OK... have me going NUTS! Sad im not sure what to think. could it just be me and my insecurities or am i onto something here? hes at my place all the time! i don't mind it at all. i spend alot of time with my kids BUT. i've never been to his place. I have the address but would never just show up there! i've yet to meet any of his friends family ect ect..? WHY? i don't know! he hasn't met mine either, but they live in a different state! his are here! he plays sports.. all his friends take their wife g/f on occasion.( he told me this) why doesn't he ever ask me to go?he called a bit ago,wont be here this weekend, he wants to go to this party sat. night . ( even asked me if i cared he went) and sunday has his ball practice most of the day..im not a pushy person and am kinda umm shy( perhaps) to just outright ask him,but i don't understand why he never asks me to go to any of these outing or his place? any clue why someone would do this? I don't think hes cheating, hes here or calls me all the time( even on his lunch break at work he calls me just to say hello ) and if i call him he always (95% of the time) answers right away Confused can anyone help me figure this one out? Thanks for your time and sorry this is so long Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,254 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:26 pm
Even if he's spending a lot of time at your place, his ostentatious private life suggests he may be M-A-R-R-I-E-D.

Do you have his personal/home telephone number? Cell phone or land line?

If I were you--shy or not--I'd start asking some questions. You two are sharing a bed, correct? But you don't feel comfortable asking him why you can't go out with him on Saturday night, date night?

He's around your place a lot--does he buy any groceries? Take out food? Gifts for the kids? Gifts for you? Or are you bearing most of the financial costs of this relationship?

If you don't ask, you won't know until you (and your kids) are even more emotionally entangled.

Good luck.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:35 pm
How did you meet? I have met people through the internet and a lot of the time, it seems that there's something about it that tends to make people compartmentalize the relationship . . . I don't know if I'm explaining this well, but I've gone out with people for months and never met any of their friends, nor have they met mine. It's a weird thing.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:41 pm
Or maybe he thinks you are not interested in going to his games or meeting his friends or family. If you are interested ask. Or if you feel a bit shy about it, say you would love to see him play some time; I haven't seen your place yet, I would love to see it. If he doesn't invite you then, I would definitely be concerned.
0 Replies

NewBeginnings

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:47 pm
Thanks for responding... Im going to try to answer everyone in one post sorry im new to this. He's definately NOT married i have all his numbers ( home, cell, work.. ) and I can call any time of day or night like i said hes here all the time to be honest,he is usually the one buying everything ( Groceries, gifts for kids, and me,rental movies) and pretty much anything i say i like or is nice i end up getting it without asking for it.so that part isnt an issue. actually we did meet off the internet after about 3 months of talking & phone calls ect ect we finally met and have been together since then. Maybe im looking too much into this?how long do people usually wait until they are introduced to friends and family? when hes at the house and gets a call he tells his friends hes at my house so, they know he has a gf and hes with me.I just don't understand if my family were closer ( they know about him and my sisters both have talked to him on the phone a couple times) i would have introduced him by now.Is this a "Guy" thing? Ughhh....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 03:55 pm
He doesn't sound married--and he doesn't sound cheap.

Long-distance, second-hand diagnosis isn't going to work here. Ask him.
0 Replies

NewBeginnings

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 04:01 pm
Thanks for your help Noddy24 =) i think im going to talk with him .. hopefully ill be back with a more positive outlook! and Linkat...Im gonna use your " I'd love to see you play sometime" lets see what happens then.. Thanks again everyone! Smile
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:18 pm
I agree with Noddy. Tell him what you're telling us. Or at least a version of it. Ask him your questions. The relationship probably won't g very far if you aren't able to discuss things like this.
0 Replies

NewBeginnings

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:12 am
*UPDATE*
Well, we talked! He got a little upset with me. NOT for the questions,but the fact that i didnt talk to him about it right away Embarrassed ( i know i should have i don't know why i didn't) he didn't realise that it was bothering me & that i was interested in going with him to his games.( im going with him tomorrow Very Happy ) as far as going to his place he said 3 things: 1) he gave me his address i could go there anytime i wanted (once again why didn't I say anything to him) 2) he didn't think i wanted to go because of the kids being home thats why were always here ( my kids are with me 24/7 rarely go to a sitter) 3) on our way back from the game we'll go to his place for a while if i want. aah and the party tonight. hes going with "The Guys" so i asked him why he didn't just say that from the beginning?thats fine with me every couple needs their own space at times i told him he should have just said that from the get go and i wouldn't have gotten upset about it!!He really is a great guy and thinking about everything we talked about, i kinda feel like a butthead( for lack of a better word lol) for getting upset about it and not talking to him right away.But anyways i just wanted to Thank all of you guys for your input and advise. sometimes one just needs a swift kick in the butt to get going. Thanks again everyone ! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:47 am
Wonderful! I love Happy Endings, particularly the sort of Happy Ending that the heroine achieves through common sense.

Congratulations!
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 05:26 pm
Communication is the most important thing in any kind of reletionship Smile

Glad it turned out well.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 11:57 am
He sounds like a great guy. I'm glad everything worked out. I understand that sometimes that first serious talk that initially opens up the communication is hard. Looks like you have been through it so in the future it should be easier.
0 Replies

NewBeginnings

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 04:00 pm
I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone. phewww! I'm glad that's over. besides the things mentioned in the post there were many other things we discussed ( with a positive outlook)Smile so hopefully everything will be a little easier in the future.. Thanks again for everything! Wink
0 Replies

Adoran2

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 07:29 pm
Same
Thats cool. I just joined and have just read your posts. Im so sad i couldnt help. Great Job Razz
0 Replies

justoneofthegals

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 01:44 pm
Hi New Beginnings,
Don't you think your guy is just too perfect to be true? :wink:
Just kidding... am glad it worked out for you...
0 Replies