How do you know if your still in love?

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 11:23 am
I'm 17 years old.. you know the butterflies you get when ur first falling in love? Well I have them majorly with my boyfriend. I was shy around him, he was almost my new for everything. We've been going out for a year and five months now and I don't get the butterfly feeling anymore.... he lives with me, but only because his whole family moved down to flordia. And I'm not sure I even love him... I want to love him. And I know that if I break up with him ill probly go back cause I miss him, but I don't know. We used to fight all the time not so much more now.... he has a job. He works nights. I just don't know. Iv been crying every night so far... and I'm the type of girl who needs romance an all that fairy tale stuff but I'm just so confused. He ain't the skinniest guy but he is sweet... sometimes haha.... plz help....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 563 • Replies: 10
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 11:32 am
That "butterfly feeling" that a new romance brings will change as time goes by, and hopefully it will grow into a more mature and steady kind of attachment, which, unless you are a new-relationship junkie (they do exist), is a natural development. It sounds like maybe this has not happened for you. This is quite normal and is part of growing up. In general, if you need to ask "Am I still in love?" on a web forum, it means you ain't.

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:17 pm
@aShMaRiE95,
Have you told him 'I'm the type of girl who needs romance an all that fairy tale stuff ' ?

And you don't mention why you have been crying every night. Have you told him that you are, and why?

If you wonder why you need to tell him - I've come across many women who truly believe (by their actions) that men are mind readers...we are very far from that - and hints aren't enough when it's a complex matter.

The butterflies are inevitably lost in any relationship.

Fiarytales and love movies bear little resemblance to life - if you use those as your guide you'll end up disappointed.
contrex

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:50 pm
@aShMaRiE95,
aShMaRiE95 wrote:
you know the butterflies you get when ur first falling in love?

Some people call this "lust".
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 04:14 pm
@aShMaRiE95,
If you are not sure that you are in love with him, the chances are excellent you are not.

Wanting to love someone can't make it happen.

If you separate and you return to him, it won't be because you love him, but because you are used to him and you want to have someone you can say you love.

You are only 17. There are lots of other guy who can romance you.

Don't make the mistake of confusing infatuation with love.

Do yourself a favor and think about the future. You won't alway be young and there' a good chance you'll have kids. What you like now may be a horrible mistake in the future.

Find someone who you can love and with whom you want to have as a true partner for the ret of your life.

Don't settle short.

aShMaRiE95

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:53 pm
@vikorr,
I tell him all the time. I open up to him an tell him how I really feel. He seems to have problems opening up though. He doesn't know how exactually to handel it. And I get that the movie stuff isn't real I just realllly wish it was... I guess I don't need movie romance but I do need some type of romance or I feel as if he doesn't care....
0 Replies

aShMaRiE95

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The only problem seems to be is that I dotn wanna end it. Sometimes ill threaten him all the time and say were done but it never happends. But thank you for your advice but I think I found the answer.
aShMaRiE95

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 09:57 pm
@vikorr,
I forgot to answer your ?. He knows iv been cryin everynite. Lately iv been over emotional... and over exaderating. An when I tell him he says sorry baby and he hugs me and yea...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:13 am
Wow - you are living with him at 17?

Sorry, but I don't think you are mature enough to take that kind of leap. That's like being seriously committed - way too much for a 17 year old girl who likes lots of excitement and romance. (and that's perfectly normal)

You need to get out in the world and experience a lot of things before you settle down to one guy - who can't understand what's going on. At this young age - BTW - boys are two years behind girls in maturity. So you are dealing with a 15 year old.

aShMaRiE95

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 02:36 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well his family all moved away so I took him in. He seems pretty mature. He has a job he supportts us.. but idk... things have just been hecktic with us lately
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:02 pm
@aShMaRiE95,
Somehow I doubt it's the right one, but good luck.
0 Replies