Signature Quotes

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 05:30 am
no - 'tis associated with asherman...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 08:07 am
dlowan, Thanks for the translation. I kinda thought it might mean that.

I had no idea when I started this thread that I was going to require translation services. German and Latin. If we're going to have languages other than English, can't it be one I know? Gimme a break.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 08:15 am
Just because it's Christmas.
You wish was heard.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 08:37 am
"fiat lux" let there be light
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 08:50 am
Gracias, Ul. Pienso que lo comprendo.

Dyslexia, Thanks for posting and for the translation.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 04:35 am
I read through a list and it just seemed to fit (especially working working where I do). I plan to change it occasionally.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 07:41 am
Here's one you might want to add to your list, Wilso, tho you'll probably want to save it for much later:

"Old age and treachery outplay youth and enthusiasm every time"

timber
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 10:17 am
Wilso, Nothing can match natural stupidity. Where do you work? It seems to me that the quote could fit many work environments.

Timber, I'm gonna save that one. As Madelyn Kahn said in Blazing Saddles, "It's twue, it's twue."
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 10:54 am
BHP Steel
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:49 pm
Feliz Navidad, Boidy! I know you understand Spanish. I've just used most of my Spanish vocabulary.
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 07:37 pm
Annuit Coeptis: Means "He condoned our beginnings" roughly
Novus Ordo Seclorum: Means "New order for the Generations//Ages" usually meaning for a long time.

The symbols on the back of the dollar bill are NOT masonic, though many like to think so.

http://www.greatseal.com/

Such masons as Ben Franklin were assigned to design the dollar bill however in the end ...

http://www.greatseal.com/unitedseal/onenation.html (This is a really good point I'll bring up later).

... Charles Thompson was the actual designer of the Great Seal of the United States, him and his "crew" were not masons, all the latin on the dollar is pulled from Virgil the Poet, and its context is explained by his poems.

Now on that second link, it further shows how Ben Franklin was not an Atheist, not one founding father or revolutionary or anyone having anything to do with America in the 1700s and early 1800s were Atheists in anyway what-so-ever. In fact it is safe to say that Atheism is a fairly recent innovation as it is today. To the Greeks Atheism is entirely just the discussion of the Gods, who are they why did they believe in them and such.

But anyways...my work to bring enlightenment on a few subjects here is done *tips hat* ... for now.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 05:11 pm
I'm gonna change mine now...
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 05:20 pm
Come on bigdice, don't be shy. Tell us how you feel about Florida. Laughing
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 06:02 pm
Ok, jjorge, ya ast fer it...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 07:54 pm
BigD and jjorge, I love your company, but where are we and why are we here? Didn't this thread die a gentle death last year?

BTW, Florida was the best! Love to Urs.
0 Replies