Signature Quotes

Monger

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 10:31 am
Actually, my avatar quite likes both descriptions, Setanta & Piffka. Thankee. Wink

Which game is it?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 10:47 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
Well, I had written responses to everyone on page 2. I went to page 3 and lost everything that was written for page 2. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to see all the responses at once, so I don't have to make voluminous notes. Maybe I'll just write and submit responses to page 2, and the same for page 3, and so on.

Frustrated at the moment. I'll be back and try again.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 12:22 pm
Hi Roberta --

To see all the messages on one page....... When you're looking at your thread, click on 'print topic' at the upper righthand side of your screen. Then x-out of the little printer window.

To see all the messages while typing a reply....... Open a second window, to the thread and click on the 'reply' button. Then, you can click back and forth between windows.

I hope that works for you......

Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 12:29 pm
Monger--It's the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale series . . . i disremember what they call that particular monster . . .
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 12:48 pm
Roberta wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to see all the responses at once, so I don't have to make voluminous notes.

In addition to Peace&Love's suggestions, there's also a setting to change the number of posts shown on a page. Here's how to set it...

» Click the Profile link near the top of the page (right under My Favorite Topics).
» There should be 4 sections: Registration Information, Profile Information, Preferences, and Avatar control panel. In the Preferences section, one of the options is to change the number of 'Posts Per Page.'
» It can be set from 10 (the default) up to 500. I have mine set at 50 right now & it works just grand.

-- Setanta, never played it, but it sounds cool enough. Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 01:21 pm
It's a bloody slaughter from start to finish -- way cool . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 02:29 pm
I have a SOUL? Goody!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 02:37 pm
Also, Roboida, you can reply from any page.....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 05:40 pm
My signature is one of Bugs Bunnys quotes, to a little known character...Gossamer

The rest of the quotes, I very much enjoy reading everyones and just couldnt pick one for myself, perhaps I will be a changing it often at some point but, for now...I like Bugs
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 05:59 pm
Roberta -- Because I'm not positive which of those list options is which, when I go on my PROFILE page, I just change all of 'em to 50. (I think I have to do it three times... 50, 50, 50). Because I change my signature all the time (sigh) I have to change those numbers each time (there's a little note that says that, right next to them).

But big bummer about losing all those lovely replies. I know just what you're talking 'bout. It's not pretty around here when that happens.

Quinn - I don't remember Gossamer!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 06:00 pm
Monger--I reset my posts to fifty a page. Poifect. Thanks mucho.

Jespah likes dat dirty water. The Standells must have been after my time.

Sozobe, Where your avatar should be, I see nothing.

Macsm, And will you live Christmas every day of the year? Like Scrooge.

Piffka, Edna speaks to you? Do you relate to her work in a more personal way than you do to other poets?

ehBeth, It's a great line. It should apply to those who can play and those who can't. Not enough sportsmanship around--on the playing field or off. Loved the story connected to the quote.

Mr. Stillwater, Perhaps a bit more water and a bit less still might be in order. Fact is, I think your signature is funny.

Diane, Thanks for the thought-provoking and very personal explanation. Getting beyond hatred is something we can all aspire to. "O Lord, give me chastity and continency, but not yet."
__St. Augustine (whoulda thunk?) I'll pass on the chastity. But continency. Uh, no thanks. You changed your signature. Now you're Snow White, with a bit of drift.

Debacle, Huh, duh, and you ain't no zero. At least not from where I sit.

PaL, Who can argue with your signature. Never a truer word.

Raggedy, I won't cry for you, don't worry. Just don't go to sleep. Then you won't have to start all over again every day. Or you can follow my schedule--sleep during the day, be awake at night. No, that wouldn't work, would it?

Phoenix, You don't like the wavy thingy? I'm neutral on the subject. And nobody says you have to have a signature. I'll be waiting to see if you ever find the perfect quote.

Setanta, Don't have a scroll in my toga. I must be glad to see you. Thanks for the translation for the Latinly challenged.

Monger, Way cool--so cool as to be kewel.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 07:02 pm
I love that!!! Bit like 'Shaken, not stirred'.

"Stillwater, Mr Stillwater. I'll take it straight from the still, hold the water".

Glad you like the signature Razz
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 07:11 pm
Yes, Roberta, Edna "speaks" to me... or for me. I may get off my Millay kick sometime. I only started reading her in February of this year and I haven't finished yet.

According to the back cover of my first Millay book "she gave voice to her generation's claim to personal freedom..." while "her subject matter varies widely -- from meditions on nature, love, life, loss, death and the reincarnation of the human soul to commentaries on politics and discrimination against women."

Hard for me not to like that!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 10:00 pm
Yeah Roberta, I've been so serious lately that I couldn't stand it. I was surprised that the quote changes even on previous posts.

As for St. Augustine, his reluctance to become continent might have been due to the fact that it took a very long time to get potty trained, or to the fact that he just didn't want to be constained until that absolute last minute. Whatever, I was surprised that he had such a great sense of humor and so much honesty.

For now, I'm in a Mae West state of mind. So, come on up and see me sometime....and bring some other interesting people with you. I'm ready to party.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 06:32 am
Quinn, Bugs rules! And monsters are interesting people. The cartoon variety, that is.

Mr. Stillwater, Glad you liked my response. The name, the avatar, the signature. They all spoke to me in one voice.

Piffka, Hard for any of us not to like that. I admire her work. But Bobby Burns is my favorite poet. He has been for many years, since my college days. He has a simple, canny approach, with an uncanny ability to get to the heart of things. Also, he's got a lot of heart.

Diane, Let's partay. "Goodness, what lovely diamonds." "Goodness had nothing to do with it." That Mae was a hoot. "Beulah, peel me a grape." And an obscure line from a movie I can't remember the title of but which caused me to laugh long and loud, "I'm gonna throw me an opera." And she did. And she sang an operatic aria in her Mae West voice.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 04:04 pm
Monger

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 04:09 pm
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 04:12 pm
I found Monger's secret message and now my mind has wandered off!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 04:14 pm
LOL! There is very little evidence to support the effectiveness of subliminal messages, Margo! Just tell it to come home, wagging its tail behind it.....
0 Replies