Need help please!!!

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 07:59 pm
Hello the parent of a 17 year old boy who got a girl pregnant and she is 16. they have a beautiful baby boy of 2 months. Well they want to live together at my house and start their family but her mother doesnt allow it, i know i wouldnt allow my 16 year old daughter to live with her boyfriend but this is different her mother is a single mother of 4 girls all of them have children and noone in that house work they live off the government. my son and i are trying to do the right thing and take responsibility for the girl and the baby. right now we provide everything for both the baby and her but the mom is pressing on putting child support on my son even though her daughter does not want to do that. i need to know what can we do to gain full custody of my sons girlfriend and my grandson because the conditions that they live in now are horrible for a yound teenage mother and her baby. someone please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 831 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 08:09 pm
I'm quite doubtfull of any unrelated person gaining custody of a minor with a living parent who is objecting. You might do some online research into what constitutes an "Emancipated Person" in your particular state.
Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 08:11 pm
thank you i sure will
0 Replies
Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 08:06 am
Perhaps you could petition the court for guardianship of the mother and the child. Most of the time it requires that the parent be in agreement, but any judge in his right mind would see that the pair (child/parent and baby) need to be in a better environment.

YOU will NOT get custody of the child or the baby - and you shouldn't unless the mother is incompetent. The best thing you can do is to teach this young couple the skills they need to be on their own. Once they turn 18, you won't have any say any more.
0 Replies
Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 08:20 am
If the girlfriend's mom is as crazy and lazy as you say she is then the baby's mom should let the baby come live with you and your son.

Then your son can sue the baby's mom for child support.

Then girlfriend's mom might change her tune about her daughter coming to live with all of you.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Need help please!!!
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 06/04/2023 at 05:27:06