Twice bitten!

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:46 am
okay so I had to do something, I have been going mental for years but its hard to know who to ask for advice! I have been with my partner for around 5 years and I am currently pregnant with our 3rd child. around 2 years into our relationship, through the wonders of facebook I found out he had cheated with a woman he worked with. he claimed there were no feelings involved and begged forgivness. there had been a lot of strain on our relationship as I had been suffering from depression and had neglected him somewhat. I made the decision to forgive him and we moved forward with our relationship. I thought we were stronger than ever until about 10 months later when he walked out on me. after a day or so he told me the reason he had left was because he had cheated on me again with a different woman from work and couldn't handle the guilt. now call me an idiot but other than the obvious he is a really good man, so I forgave him again! now the problem - he has secret, deleted conversations with a third womanhe promises me that nothing ever has or will happen and that they are just friends but I don't believe him! I once found a message I recovered in his emails saying the bitch was onto me so I had to keep my distance for abit!! sometimes we have conversations and he will go months without speaking to her but it seems as soon as we hit a rough patch he turns to her. the thing is I found a message this morning as he is at work and hasn't seen it to delete it. its from last night and said, "I thought you were coming round tonight????" am I a fool to keep believing in him? we don't have much intimacy in our relationship which is down to me and I just feel like he may be getting it else where! it is driving me crazy, I even asked the woman he speaks to, not to but she apparently has no respect for me either! any help would be very much appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 378 • Replies: 3
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 03:17 am
@nikita2108,
Hello,

Advice regarding whether or not he is cheating isn't really necessary. You know the answer to that.

The question is - what do you want in life? And what makes you happy in a relationship?

Whatever the answer to those 2 questions - the more important the answer is to us - the more we should move towards it.

The very worst thing that could happen to a human life is they get to the end of it and realise they lived an unhappy life.

Of course, don't get confused between short term happiness (eg a good laugh) and lasting, long term happiness (happiness with who you are and where you are in life). And don't get caught confusing pleasure and happiness - which often confuses many people (you can obtain pleasure and still be unhappy with life)

By the way - many men tell 'sob stories / unhappy, sexless marriage' stories to other women in order to bed them (it engages a womans sympathy and results in her feeling less guilt about cheating)- whether or not the sob story is true or not.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 06:06 am
@nikita2108,
Sorry your going through these trials.

Time to extract yourself from this relationship. No more second and third chances for him. You're really getting damaged and abused.

I hope he still supports and helps you with your children. Sad to say, this man has a weak character (his lies is just one part of it). Unfortunately, he cannot be loyal and hasn't what it takes to be your partner.

After you get him out of your life, you might want to consider continuing with some therapy on your depression and rebuilding of your damaged self-confidence. I wish the best for you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 07:03 am
Let me get down to the core here: three children in 5 years and he is a serial cheater who doesn't talk to you for weeks?

No wonder you are depressed!

I think you know what you must do. It will take energy and resolve.

Please seek counseling to help you strengthen yourself so you can do what you must - for the sake of the children, if nothing else. They deserve a loving, attentive, happy mom.

0 Replies