CONDI'S CREDENTIALS

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 03:04 pm
Hi, Jackie.

It's my opinion that you cannot find a single specific example of a lie she told, and I, personally, attribute this to the fact that she is not a liar.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 03:20 pm
Perhaps not, time will tell, don't you think? Incidentally, I have not been SEARCHING for a place where she told a lie. That is not all that important to me. What everyone says, collectively, coming out of the White House, is what SOUNDS so defensive- as if there were things to hide.

At any rate, I believe the time will come when she realizes she hooked up with a bunch of 'losers', when she accepted a post with George W. Bush's administration. We shall see.

Meantime, I am going to prepare an early dinner.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:30 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Titus wrote:
In an opinion piece in The Washington Post on March 22, Ms Rice wrote: "Despite what some have suggested, we received no intelligence that terrorists were preparing to attack the homeland using airplanes as missiles, though some analysts speculated that terrorists might hijack planes to try and free US-held terrorists."

Specific enough for you? Or do you need a safe to drop on your head?

I think you forgot the step where you prove she was lying.

Now, Brandon, you know that the standard for conservatives is that if they have ever appeared to claim anything that later turned out not to be true, they have "lied". This usage of the word "lie" does not extend to liberals, of course, who are not lying even when knowingly making statements of untruth. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:31 pm
Brandon:

I give up -- you're beyond the help of medical science.

If a quotation from an article written by Rice herself is sufficient to convince you she's a liar, then nothing will convince you and it's not worth my time and effort to play this game with you anymore.

You know folks, I saw lackeys like Brandon orbiting uber-GOPer, Richard Nixon too. Right up until the moment he and Pat boarded Air Force One and jetted off, Nixon lackeys were lined up to defend him.

The closest comparison I can make is a lemming in human form. LOL!!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:38 pm
Titus, you did not in any way illustrate that she lied.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:44 pm
Craven:

You and Brandon are absolutely correct.

Rice's own words, now in stark contradiction to a growing number of insiders and experts on 9/11 certainly isn't proof.

LOL!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:47 pm
Dr. Rice
Yellowcake, Niger
Aluminum tubes,
mushroom cloud.
of course no high-ranking politcal office holder ever lies but they are often "mis-understood" intentionally.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:50 pm
Titus, Brandon has been very civil to you in comparison with the level you've taken to with him.

He asked for something simple and you were not able to support your claim.

Now if you want to resort to the laughs and namecalling with me, like you did with Brandon that's fine. It will just highlight even better that you can't support your claim and have to choose other ploys in the discussion instead.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:58 pm
Craven:

I'm always civil.

If I'm not and I'm replying to you, trust me, you will know it and you will remember it well.

I'll reiterate, you and Brandon are correct. Rice's own words on 9/11, now in stark contradiction to a growing number of insiders and experts on 9/11 certainly isn't proof that she lied.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:01 pm
dyslexia:

Don't exert yourself.

We've all been corrected by the likes of Craven and Brandon that Rice's own words on 9/11, now in stark contradiction to a growing number of insiders and experts on 9/11 certainly isn't proof that she lied.

Condi Rice is Sour Angelica. LOL!!!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 07:34 pm
Top Ten Questions You're Afraid To Ask Condoleezza Rice

10. "Did Bush ever hurt himself trying to pronounce your name?"

9. "At cabinet meetings, who besides you and Cheney wear lipstick?"

8. "Do you know Leeza Gibbons?"

7. "Do you own a condo?"

6. "Did you ever try the 'Condoleezza Rice' at Chi-Chi's?"

5. "As a souvenir, did you keep any of Saddam's beard lice?"

4. "Hey, where'd you get that cool Halliburton sweatshirt?"

3. "Who told CNN that Letterman faked the footage of the bored kid next to Bush?"

2. "About those Iraqi weapons of mass destruction -- did you check Baghdad Mini-Storage?"

1. "What kind of job will you and Bush be looking for in January 2005?"
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:05 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:41 pm
Rice lies
Condoleeza Rice's lie about the attacks of September 11, 2001:

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile." (This lie was told by Condoleeza Rice to the American people on May 16, 2002.)

The truth about Condoleeza Rice's lie:

George W. Bush himself was given a one-and-a-half page briefing on August 6, 2001. That briefing informed him that Osama Bin Laden's organization was capable of using a hijacked American airplane to conduct a major strike against targets within the United States. Furthermore, a month earlier, the Bush Administration was informed that terrorists had concocted plans to use airplanes as missiles. The truth is that experts did predict that terrorists would use hijacked airplanes as missiles, and those experts told George W. Bush about the threat. George W. Bush sat around and did nothing about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condoleeza Rice's lie used to cover for her earlier lie about the attacks of September 11, 2001:

When the Bush Administration was confronted with evidence that Condoleeza Rice had lied, and that George W. Bush had received a briefing warning of terrorist plans to use hijacked airplanes as missiles against American targets, Condoleeza Rice said that Bush got the briefing because he had been so concerned about the elevated terrorist threat levels during the summer of 2001. (This lie was told by Condoleeza Rice to the American people on March 25, 2004.)

The truth about Condoleeza Rice's lie about her lie:

The Central Intelligence Agency has revealed that the terrorist briefing was in no way solicited by George W. Bush. Instead, the Central Intelligence Agency created the brief without any expression of interest from Bush because they thought that the matter was so critical that the President needed to be aware of the terrorist plans without further delay. The truth is that, in spite of the elevated terrorist threat levels just before September 11, George W. Bush did not bother to ask the CIA to be briefed about the methods Osama Bin Laden could use to kill Americans. Bush was on vacation on his dude ranch that month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another lie from Condoleeza Rice about Bush's preparations for terrorist attacks:

Embarrassed by reports of Bush's lack of preparation for attacks by Osama Bin Laden, Condoleeza Rice said, "In June and July when the threat spikes were so high we were at battle stations." (This lie was told to the American people by Condoleeza Rice on March 22, 2004)

The truth about this lie from Condoleeza Rice:

When the Clinton Administration got information about high threat levels for terrorist attacks, Bill Clinton ordered his officials to go to battle stations. Bush's anti-terrorism chief Richard Clarke has revealed that George W. Bush never ordered anyone to go to battle stations, even though the reported threat in the weeks before September 11, 2001 was much higher than anything ever reported during the Clinton Administration. Furthermore, George W. Bush ordered that a program to monitor Al Quaida suspects within the United States be discontinued. The truth is that Bush not only failed to order anti-terrorism officials to battle stations, he lowered America's protections against terrorism just as the terrorist threat was reaching record levels.

Still another lie from Condoleeza Rice about September 11:

"Our [pre-9/11 NSPD] plan called for military options to attack al Qaeda and Taliban leadership, ground forces and other targets, taking the fight to the enemy where he lived." (Condoleeza Rice told the American people this lie on March 22, 2004)

The truth about this other lie from Condoleeza Rice:

The commission studying the context of the September 11 attacks found that the NSPD plan referred to by Condoleeza Rice in fact had no military component. Commission member Gorelick has stated, "There is nothing in the NSPD that came out that we could find that had an invasion plan, a military plan." George W. Bush's own Deputy Secretary of State, Richard Armitage, admitted to the commission that Condoleeza Rice's claim was completely inaccurate.

When Armitage was asked, "Is it true, as Dr. Rice said, 'Our plan called for military options to attack Al Qaida and Taliban leadership'?", Armitage replied "No." The truth is that Condoleeza Rice knew that what she was saying was false. She just made up a claim in order to cover up the failure of George W. Bush to take adequate steps to protect America before September 11, 2001.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 10:36 pm
pistoff:

Condi "Fried" Rice has lied so often and to so many people I can't imagine any amount of vetting the 9/11 Commission's questions by Karl Rove will adequately prepare her.

But, we will see Thursday. She may actually pull it off.

After all, she's spent the past 4 years with the consumate liar of his generation: George W. Bush.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 07:47 am
Titus wrote:
Brandon:

I give up -- you're beyond the help of medical science.

If a quotation from an article written by Rice herself is sufficient to convince you she's a liar, then nothing will convince you and it's not worth my time and effort to play this game with you anymore.

You know folks, I saw lackeys like Brandon orbiting uber-GOPer, Richard Nixon too. Right up until the moment he and Pat boarded Air Force One and jetted off, Nixon lackeys were lined up to defend him.

The closest comparison I can make is a lemming in human form. LOL!!!

I will tell you exactly what it would take to convince me: Show a quotation of something she has said, and then give some reasonable demonstration that it's a lie. Name calling is only your way of obscuring the fact that you can't meet this simple standard.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 07:53 am
Re: Rice lies
pistoff wrote:
Condoleeza Rice's lie about the attacks of September 11, 2001:

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile." (This lie was told by Condoleeza Rice to the American people on May 16, 2002.)

The truth about Condoleeza Rice's lie:

George W. Bush himself was given a one-and-a-half page briefing on August 6, 2001. That briefing informed him that Osama Bin Laden's organization was capable of using a hijacked American airplane to conduct a major strike against targets within the United States. Furthermore, a month earlier, the Bush Administration was informed that terrorists had concocted plans to use airplanes as missiles. The truth is that experts did predict that terrorists would use hijacked airplanes as missiles, and those experts told George W. Bush about the threat. George W. Bush sat around and did nothing about it.

Finally something specific. Could you please provide a reference to the fact that "a month earlier, the Bush Administration was informed that terrorists had concocted plans to use airplanes as missiles?" I can only look at one of these quotations at a time, so I will check out this one first.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:33 am
pistoff:

Don't bite.

Brandon will keep changing the rules and the topic into perpetuity as a device to distract.

It's a time honored GOP tactic. LOL!!!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:36 am
Titus wrote:
pistoff:

Don't bite.

Brandon will keep changing the rules and the topic into perpetuity as a device to distract.

It's a time honored GOP tactic. LOL!!!

I never change the rules at all. If someone claims that someone else is a liar, I ask only that they give me a quote and a demonstration that the statement was a lie. You did not do this even once. You gave me a quotation with no demonstration that it was a lie. Pistoff, unlike you, has been able to do this, but it is impossible for me to judge it without some reference to the facts claimed. This seems to me to be pretty reasonable.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:51 am
Pistoff, you have done precisely what I requested - given examples of staments Rice made, and then given arguments that each statement is false. I would, however, like to examine the facts before I admit that she lied. Let's take the first statement you cited. Could you give me some reference to the fact that "a month earlier, the Bush Administration was informed that terrorists had concocted plans to use airplanes as missiles?" Thanks.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:51 am
(Just cannot resist posting this piece from Al Jazeera News article--stating that OTHER than Titus and I feel that Condi is not above a "lie".

Rice faces 9/11 grilling by Congress
By Shaheen Chughtai
Tuesday 06 April 2004 

The Bush administration's defense that it cannot be blamed for not preventing the 9/11 attacks is premised on its insistence that the attacks could not be foreseen and it did not receive sufficiently specific warnings.
"I don't think anybody could have predicted that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile," Rice said on 16 May 2002.
She reiterated that claim in a Washington Post article on 22 March 2004, saying "we received no intelligence that terrorists were preparing to attack the homeland using airplanes as missiles".
But a former translator for the FBI with high security clearance says Rice's assertion is "an outrageous lie".
0 Replies