side effects?

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 01:28 pm
I recently ran out of my birth control and waited about 2 weeks to start a new pack. After starting a new pack, I have noticed that my nipples are sore, and I have been having headaches and slight cramping. I was wondering if these symptoms could just be from restarting a new pack after waiting 2 weeks or if there is a possibility I am pregnant. I did not have sex within those two weeks of not taking my birth control but I did have sex before my last pack was over. I have taken pregnancy tests and they have come up negative, but I also know that sometimes it could take up to 4-5 weeks of pregnancy for a urine test to show up positive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 818 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 01:41 pm
@charlotte49,
Well, Char, congratulations
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 02:39 pm
@charlotte49,
The answer is "all of the above" are possibilities. When was the last time you had your period? That's the important missing information from your post.
charlotte49

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:15 pm
@Butrflynet,
I had my period 3 weeks ago
0 Replies

charlotte49

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
but although that would mean I should be getting my period soon, I had taken my birth control about 2 weeks after that so I still have a couple more weeks now before I should get it again
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 04:13 pm
@charlotte49,
I suspect you are experiencing premenstrual symptoms. If you haven't had your next period within about 10 days, then it is time to go see a doctor.

While there, ask their staff to give you some reading materials so you can be better informed about how birth control pills are supposed to be taken for maximum, uninterrupted protection.

Skipping pills for weeks at a time is just asking for trouble, both in pregnancy risk and the havoc the roller coaster of hormones will do to your body.
0 Replies