Please edit the short passage: The United States is the core of the Free World

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:00 pm
The United States is the core of the Free World, the guardian of democracy, the friend of people, the enemy of autocrats. All rulers of feudal autocratic systems see the United States as the thorn in their eyes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 376 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 10:26 am
@oristarA,
It's okay Ori tho I might have written

The United States--core of the Free World--is guardian of democracy, friend of the people, enemy of autocracy. The ruler of every feudal autocratic system sees (feels) the United States as a thorn in his (its) eye

As you see I lean to the singular 'cause more flexible. It's unfortunate there's no word for his/her
oristarA

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 05:28 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

It's okay Ori tho I might have written

The United States--core of the Free World--is guardian of democracy, friend of the people, enemy of autocracy. The ruler of every feudal autocratic system sees (feels) the United States as a thorn in his (its) eye

As you see I lean to the singular 'cause more flexible. It's unfortunate there's no word for his/her

Cool.
Thanks.
oristarA

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 05:30 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Mr. mao Zedong said this.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 10:24 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
Cool. Thanks.
You're entirely welcome Ori. It's refreshing to be acknowledged in this otherwise peripheral vision of choleric profundity
0 Replies