Sow seed of life?

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 06:26 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
Ori, a riot, a profusion, of blooms...a powerful metaphor. Let your imagination run riot.

I object to this flagrantly specious use of 'riot'. Everyone knows what a riot is. Flowers can't riot. The English language is being ruined, ruined I say, by people cavalierly expanding the meaning of words.
McTag

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 02:13 am
@JTT,

Smile

Nice one. When I was a boy, I used to read in my old aunt's Reader's Digest- Towards More Picturesque Speech. Remember that?
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 11:18 am
@McTag,
Quote:
When I was a boy, I used to read in my old aunt's Reader's Digest- Towards More Picturesque Speech. Remember that?

Yes, I surely do, McTag, but even as a youngster I knew these guys were the equivalent of medical quacks.
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 03:02 pm
@McTag,
I would submit that, wth that one, it would be more "pica-esque speech"
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 03:51 pm
@farmerman,
Typical of an "academic" with your high "standards", Farmer, commenting on things you know nothing about.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 12:08 am
@JTT,

Quote:
Yes, I surely do, McTag, but even as a youngster I knew these guys were the equivalent of medical quacks.

So the critical imperative was evident even at an early age in the fledgeling JTT? Wink
0 Replies