Burning a CD from MP3 and CD sources

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 09:22 pm
I am not familiar with burning a CD. I would like to create a CD from a mixture of songs presently on a CD, and some MP3 songs. I attempted several starts, but I apparently "don't have a clue." What is the step-by-step procedure for burning a CD which would contain both selections from an existing CD, together with MP3 selections?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,166 • Replies: 9

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 09:33 pm
@Woollcott,
Once I have the music I want on my CD saved in my music library on the computer I set up a folder and drop in the songs I want to burn. I organize and label them.

Once the folder is ready, look at the top of the folder. You should see a burn option. Once you select it, the computer takes care of the rest.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 05:59 am
@Woollcott,
You asked this same question and you indicated that you were answered here. What's up with that?

http://able2know.org/topic/206846-1#post-5235523
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 06:45 am
@Woollcott,
1)

Woollcott wants to know if it's possible to mix CD/MP3 sources to create a CD

Woollcott wrote:

I will soon be trying to make a "home-made" CD.

<snip>

Is it possible to make a CD containing both CD and MP3 songs? If so, how could I do a "combined" CD?

2) Woollcott was unsuccessful in attempting to create a mixed MP3/CD sourced CD

step by step directions are requested

Woollcott wrote:

I am not familiar with burning a CD.

<snip>

I attempted several starts, but I apparently "don't have a clue."

What is the step-by-step procedure for burning a CD which would contain both selections from an existing CD, together with MP3 selections?

(when I look at my response, I suspect I may not have broken it down far enough)
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:01 am
@ehBeth,
But in order to provide such a procedure wouldn't that require having the same software (such as Roxio)?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:08 am
@Ragman,
I have no special software in my computer to do that - I use only what is provided in Windows.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:30 am
@ehBeth,
You're quite correct ehBeth. As long as the original CD doesn't have a DRM implanted on the discs to protect the songs from being uploaded onto the hard drive, one can burn MP3 onto CDs using iTunes, Microsoft Media Player, Real Player (if anyone actually still uses Real Player), Roxio, etc....

I'm not really sure where the difficulty lies. All of these programs walk the user through some pretty easy steps. Then again one needs to use the proper blank CDs (writable which can only be used once; rewritable; etc...). You can't just put in any old CD and expect to burn a file onto it. It has to be properly formatted.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:43 am
@ehBeth,
My thought was that fun/practical organizing matters like labeling and prettying up (you know...making playlist with artist names/notes ..printable labels...customizing) stuff sometimes needs a program beyond what exists in Win7 or Win8.
Some programs take the nightmare and complication out of it.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:54 am
@Ragman,
I do it all within Windows (not that I've bothered printing labels after figuring out I could).
Ragman

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:58 am
@ehBeth,
Cool. FWIW, my CD burner came with a free disk with some proggie that I like far better than Win7 built-in one.
0 Replies