Question about early first century history of India

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 06:03 am
I am trying to find out more information about India during the years 12-30 AD.

I know that India was divided into several Empires, such as the Satavahana Empire, the Kushan Empire, and the Western Satraps. I know that Mahayana Buddhism had its roots during the early 1st century.

What I am looking for are historical figures, if any, of both Brahmin and Buddhist sects that were alive during these specific years (12-30 AD). I am looking for information about what their daily life was like during these times. I am looking for information about their religious beliefs, and how they practiced them. So if Mahayana Buddhism was just beginning to be developed, for example, it was being developed from an existing state. What was that state? What would a Brahmin priest be teaching? How were they dressed, etc. etc.

Whenever I research on line it seems as if these years are missing from the history of India. There are usually one or two sentences about this time period in every reference I read, but nothing else.

I would be grateful if you could point me to a source or sources that I could find out this information.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,187 • Replies: 0
No top replies