Need help with girl

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 12:47 pm
I'm a senior in high school and so is this girl that I have fallen in love with, very deeply. Now, she had a boyfriend a month ago, for about six months. They broke up though because he was very bipolar, being sweet to her only sometimes, and at others just being a douche sort of. I had liked her about a month before they broke up. And I got a girlfriend at this point in order to try to get over her. It didn't happen. I broke up with my ex a month ago as well. Now both the girl I like and I are single. We are best friends. I don't even know how to explain how close we are. We tell each other everything. Well, a week ago I broke it to her, everything. The entire truth about me liking her for a while, and getting the girlfriend to try and get over her. She said she had mixed feelings as well. She basically isn't sure whether or not she likes me, yet, ALSO she says she wants to get 100% over her ex boyfriend. Well, yesterday I held hands with her and we talked about it for a bit even. She said that she doesn't know still, and said she shouldn't have held hands with me knowing that I'd fall for her even more. She doesn't want to hurt me, and she tells me everything very honestly, so I am not led on. Well she held my hand though. And I'm just really confused. I really want to try and get over her because it hurts me, everyday, to not have her. At the same time I love her. A lot. And I want to give her time to try and get over her ex and see if she likes me. We've been best friends for a year. We tell each other everything, which is one of the reasons why she is sort of "uncomfortable" being more than friends....? I don't get girl logic. Why she wouldn't want to be with her best friend romantically.. never mind though. enough about that. My final question is, should I give her more time? If so, how much? It's been three months since I've liked her and I cannot handle not having her. I've even cried a couple times. Ugh...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 532 • Replies: 7
No top replies

missbebejadaa

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 12:54 pm
@andycooper,
give her more time
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 04:32 pm
@andycooper,
Toughen up sunshine Smile

Here is the thing. You already have her in a relationship, don't blow it by getting to pushy, too mushy or the friendship will stop as well.

Sometimes, our best friends of the opposite sex end up being a life partners but more than often not for years, until the other person goes through a whole lot of "wrong" partners only to realise the one that she/he was perfect with, was, his/her best friend.

So how long is a piece of string?

You have to just go with the flow I think. Not try to push anything or ask anything further. It makes the other person feel un-comfortable, awkward.

Just enjoy your friendship, keep those conversations about life, laugh a lot, in a months time, grab her hand... Then after a minute, smile and let it go.

People I think still like a bit of romance, a bit of chase, not quite sure, a bit of excitement.

You are going to have to just sit back and be that friend until she sees in herself that she is interested, or not. And it takes some time to get over an ex, and have no baggage to be able to move on in any event.

Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 04:47 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Teen hormones vs patience ... which wins the race?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 04:52 pm
@Ragman,
That's not a tricky question really, Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 05:52 pm
I see it as:

1. You are in the friend zone.

2. She is still interested in her ex.

Stop being so needy and step away from her. She might like to chase you, who knows. In any case, give her some room. You are being too intense too soon for her.

vikorr

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 04:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yep, step away from her.

She likes having you as her 'confidant / rescuer / ego boost' etc. She won't risk that on a relationship. And you're confused because she's confusing you.

In this case, without knowing it, she'll keep playing you until the next guy catches her interest, and she'll expect you to understand because 'you're her best friend, and that's what best friends do'.

Here's a list of 'Alpha Male' traits (and before you say 'you don't care to be one' - women a genetically predispositioned to be attracted to certain male traits - they can be thought of as alpha male traits) :
- a leader (leaders of men are better providers. If you always do what she suggests, how are you a leader?)
- goes after what they want (do you get discouraged, or persist? If she discourages you easilly - she will believe you are easily discouraged and therefore poorer at providing)
- a variation : know what you want (if you don't know what you want - you won't be able to go after what you want - see above)
- stand up for themselves (if you don't, how can you provide for her and protect her?)
- can do so respectfully (the ones who don't are asses)
- are socially popular (social power leads to providing better)
- are muscular / fit (ala caveman, the strongest / fittest / most skilled were the best providers)
- excellence (men who excel are better providers)
- determination (better providers)
- passionate and have passions (this one - because strong emotions stir strong emotions, and women live in an emotional world - and passionate people follow their passions with focus, and determination, and usually excel in those areas, see above)
- energetic people (because energised people stir energised people, which enhances the emotional aspect of the world in which women live - and energetic people are better providers)

etc.

If you look at why women are attracted to 'bad boys' - you will see that bad boys usually mimic of many of the above 'provider' traits, and because they usually possess the last two traits.

That's a summary only.
vikorr

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 06:56 pm
@vikorr,
Oh, and if you look at wealthy business owners, and footballers / sports stars - you'll see numerous of the same traits too.

Those traits can all be developed in the 'average' guy - but usually that requires a great deal of work (on yourself)
0 Replies