Alfred Packer, the first neo-con?

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:53 am
During the heavy winter of 1874, the famous nineteenth-century Colorado pioneer Alfred Packer was enlisted to guide five (all registered democrats) homesteaders along the Mormon Trail into Colorado. Packer soon emerged from the San Juan Mountains - alone - and was convicted of cannibalism and sentenced to hang by Judge Melville B. Gerry. "Stand up, yah voracious man-eatin' sonofabitch, and receive your sentence!" the judge exclaimed. "Thar were only seven Democrats in all of Hinsdale County and you ate five of them!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 922 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:15 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:35 am
LOL!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:57 am
Let's hear it for the Alfred Packer Memorial Cafeteria.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:34 pm
Roger, you should be ashamed of yourself. Excuse me while I finish laughing hysterically.

One thing that would be missing in a cafeteria serving up Republicans would be Rocky Mountain Oysters. LOL
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:38 pm
and that's no bull, but I think you might be steering us in the wrong direction/menu.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:42 pm
Colorado shows its appreciation of its favorite son at the Alferd Packer Memorial Grill, which lies below the main floor of the Memorial Center at the University of Colorado in Boulder, directly beneath the Glenn Miller lounge. A small, marble bust of Packer, unveiled by Colorado governor Roy Romer, sits on a pedestal at the hub of the grill. El Canibal is Boulder's biggest burrito, and the Calypso pork is a student favorite.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:45 pm
Diane wrote:
One thing that would be missing in a cafeteria serving up Republicans would be Rocky Mountain Oysters. LOL

I had the peculiar delight of explaining those to my 10-yr.-old son on our trip a couple of weeks ago. He saw them on a menu at some diner. He turned five shades of red, and his eyes got as big as saucers. When he could finally speak, he said, "That's just...WRONG!!!"
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:51 pm
Eva, poor little guy. I remember my sons when they learned of oysters and cat neutering. Yep, a natural male reaction.

Dys, honey, why don't you move this to the cooking thread?
0 Replies