I broke our trust

Hog

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 10:52 pm
I did somthing that I never did before in my life , I went through someone else's phone. My wife's . I never had these feelings before in 21 years of marriage. These thoughts were flooding my brain. I had to go through it. I found nothing. But I kept doing it. I was so ashamed of my self. One day she caught me. She put a lock on her phone. Now she goes through my phone and wants to know who I am texting and talking to. But she will not take down her lock. I wonder now if she is hiding somthing. We love each other very much. We always tell and always show each other our love for one an other.we built this relationship on trust I broke that. I hope one day she will trust me with her phone. I will never do that again. It took a long time for me to forgive myself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 920 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 06:26 am
How old are you two?

How is it that your entire state of marriage revolves around a cell phone?

Have there been incidents in the past?
chai2

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 06:57 am
@PUNKEY,
They've been married 21 years so they are not kids.

I don't understand the part that you hope one day she will trust you with her phone.

It's her phone, stay away from it. Why would you ever even know if she's taken the lock off it you not trying to check it.

As a woman, there's certain items I don't expect anyone else to go through. The first that comes to my is my handbag.

Early on in my marriage I came in the room and my husband was, not going through my bag, but was, in his defense, simply getting something out of it. For me though that was a huge violation. He's never done that again in almost 20 years of marriage. If he thinks something he needs is in my bag, he brings it to me and has me get it out.

I'd be the same way with his wallet.....or phone....and he mine.

As far as rebuilding trust, that takes time....and time takes time. Not your time, not her time....time's time.

Just leave her things alone, don't get wrapped up in when things will get better, let time take it's own course.

"Chi Dara fine al gran dolore? L'ore."

Who will end this great sadness? The hours passing
0 Replies

pedro7819

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 09:39 pm
@Hog,
In all fairness, your action was very common of a woman. They often will search cell phones, mail, emails, internet history, phone bills for odd numbers that recur, changes in schedule, and other obvious mistakes men make.
Women, and they are sometimes correct, believe that men are self programmed by nature to cheat. It is easy to exploit that.
In order for a male to switch to these female instincts he has one of two things: guilt about having cheated, or reasonable evidence or thoughts and beliefs that she is a cheater.
It is also important to remember that many married women cheat, many more than you would think.
As long as no one gets in anyones way it is usually not an issue, just like mens cheating. Once that line is crossed, the relationship is likely doomed.
Take care.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 09:47 pm
@pedro7819,
You did that on purpose, didn't you?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 10:06 pm
@pedro7819,
what a load of bunk.
chai2

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm
@Ceili,
I concur.
0 Replies

happyending

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 08:30 pm
@Hog,
you simply allowed your emotions to overtake you but it's good you have come to the realization of that.
0 Replies