Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 07:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Apples and oranges, Cinderella and Snow White are traditional fairy tales, but the Little Mermaid is an original style rye by Hans Christian Anderson, which is why her statue is in Copenhagen harbour.

I’ve seen it btw.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 07:59 am
@The Anointed,
Yes, as was supposed.

He was the (adopted) son of Joseph, because as Matthew puts it, Joseph was going to divorce her quietly but was told in a dream that this is God's Son.

You don't seem to understand the chain of logic here.

The brackets literally mean nothing to me. Even if they omitted this part, he is son of Joseph only by marriage. Matthew is supposed to be compared with Luke.
But nowhere in this text does it tell you to treat Heli as anyone but Mary's father. Incest is a sin. Adultery is a sin (they were pledged in marriage, Joseph and Mary). Deceit is a sin. And if she was raped, rape is kinda bad too. That would make 3 sins against Mary, and one against her father.

The message of Jesus is that the accused is innocent. But here you hold Mary as guilty of two stoning offenses.

Again, it doesn't matter what the text supposedly said before. This day you are my son, or before. Because Jesus in the temple refers to God as his father.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%202:41-52&version=NIV
If Heli was his father, wouldn't he have wandered into his grandpa's house instead? But no, the text says he went to the temple. I don't care what the Romans changed it to. Again, if all my life I had displeased my father, and one day I did something to make him very happy, "This day you are my son." But Jesus knew who his Father was. It wasn't some old pervert.

Quote:
49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

No, you'll deal with my rubbish now. Because whether of not you agree that Jesus was female (this is not a Christian majority opinion, and I know it), you've blasphemed against Jesus and the Holy Spirit which made Jesus pregnant.

You'll deal with the fact you suggested that the Holy Spirit making Mary become pregnant was really some lie, and it was actually incest.

Quote:
The term blasphemy may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. Blasphemy is also attributing some evil to God or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This particular case of blasphemy, however, is called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. The Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:24). Notice in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what the Pharisees did to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an impure spirit.’”

You have called God's Son instead the son of an incest and a harlot. You degrade God's Son as a child born into sin. And you say that the Holy Spirit cannot make a pregnancy so the only thing it can be is another man. The last one is worst of all! In this last one you condemn the Holy Spirit itself. This is something Jesus says that God should not forgive. You will need to repent of this nonsense. All of it. It's unbiblical (even more so than my pet theory) and frankly very offensive.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Hi Frank. How are you doing? I have been praying for you (as well as CC and many others on this board).
Here is the answer to your question:
Her slippers were made to fit the feet of a woman with many bunions and scars on them. The slippers only fit one woman.
Likewise, people need to look for the One with many injuries to His body.

The One????

All sorts of people with many injuries.
Yes Frank. The One (or ONE).
And so you suppose there is a slipper that fits ONLY ONE WOMEN.

That helps explain a lot, Neal.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
My response is that Satan has deceived people by leading them to believe stories similar to the Biblical accounts.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:45 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Hi Frank. How are you doing? I have been praying for you (as well as CC and many others on this board).
Here is the answer to your question:
Her slippers were made to fit the feet of a woman with many bunions and scars on them. The slippers only fit one woman.
Likewise, people need to look for the One with many injuries to His body.

The One????

All sorts of people with many injuries.
Yes Frank. The One (or ONE).
And so you suppose there is a slipper that fits ONLY ONE WOMEN.

That helps explain a lot, Neal.

?????
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:47 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

My response is that Satan has deceived people by leading them to believe stories similar to the Biblical accounts.

Ahhh...so your response is that your GOD has allowed Satan to deceive people by leading them to "believe" stories similar to the Biblical accounts.

Why does your GOD allow that kind of thing so often?

Why does your GOD get off on allowing that kind of thing?
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
The ONE. Only Jesus qualifies to be our Savior.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:53 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

So you are saying that Jesus is qualified to "save" you from his GOD.

Why?

Why does anyone have to "save" us from your GOD?

What is wrong with your GOD that requires some to save us from IT?
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 08:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Ahhh...so your response is that your GOD has allowed Satan to deceive people by leading them to "believe" stories similar to the Biblical accounts.

Satan is the "ruler of this world". He has tremendous influence over events on this earth.
God has chosen to allow both angels and people to have free choice. However, there are consequences for our choices, whether good or bad.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Why?

Jesus saves us from the consequences of our SINS. Sinful humans can not have fellowship with HOLY God.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:07 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Satan is the "ruler of this world". He has tremendous influence over events on this earth.
God has chosen to allow both angels and people to have free choice. However, there are consequences for our choices, whether good or bad.

Why does your GOD give that much influence to Satan?

Obviously, he wants Satan to tempt people so that they sin. Why? So that he can punished them?

What is it with this GOD of yours?

And then...to "save" them...your GOD demands that you must first torture and kill his "only begotten son?"

Can you imagine what you would think of a bank that lent you some money but then agrees to forgive you your debt, but only if you first torture and kill the bank's president?

C'mon, Neal!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:08 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Why?

Jesus saves us from the consequences of our SINS. Sinful humans can not have fellowship with HOLY God.

So a "sin" is something we humans do that offends your GOD.

And your GOD indicates that he will "forgive" the offences, but only if we first torture and kill his son!

Neal...THINK ABOUT THAT!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
I had to go to church when I was a kid. Even worse I had to go to chapel in Yorkshire.

I don’t know what qualifications you need to be a lay preacher, but going by the bollocks I heard there, it can’t be a lot.

One bloke said that Satan was jealous of the Bible, so jealous he inspired humanity to write other books.

When people read other books they are not reading the Bible, they’re committing a sin.

That’s all books, even books about the Bible, and The Highway Code. Satan inspired the Department of Transport to write the Highway Code to stop people reading the Bible.

I think the real reason was the poor sod had buste£ a gut reading the Bible and wasn’t up for anything else after that.

I had to st in a miserable draughty hall surrounded by miserable gits listening to bollocks like that week after week after week.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
Your point (and Frank's point) is that the gospel is in the apostle Paul's words "foolishness to those who do not believe". I understand that.
However, the Holy Spirit has shown to me that it is true.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:42 am
@NealNealNeal,
So you believe that?

You believe Satan inspired the Department of Transport to write the Highway Code.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:42 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Your point (and Frank's point) is that the gospel is in the apostle Paul's words "foolishness to those who do not believe". I understand that.
However, the Holy Spirit has shown to me that it is true.

If you truly are someone who prays, Neal...what you should be praying for is that IT IS NOT TRUE.

The GOD you want to suppose exists...complete with the "sin" "savior" "saved" "condemned" "salvation" stuff...is one of the most disgusting guesses ever made about the REALITY.

If the GOD of the Bible actually exists...we are all in a pile of trouble...and no "sacrifice" will ever be sufficient to appease this GOD. The GOD complicit in almost everything bad or evil that occurs. In a court of law, the GOD would be found guilty of (at a bare minimum) abetting every crime...and every injustice ever to happen on planet Earth.

Pray (or hope) that it is not true...and that your supposed revelation by the Holy Spirit is just a delusion.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:50 am
@NealNealNeal,
Btw, my point, and my only point is the aforementioned one about the Highway Code. That’s it. End of.

And now you’re saying Paul had something to say about major transport infrastructure.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 10:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
What you want me to pray for is that God will lack some of the attributes that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam strongly confirm. Among these are Holiness,. Purity, and Righteousness
God is Glory!!!
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 10:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Btw, my point, and my only point is the aforementioned one about the Highway Code. That’s it. End of.

And now you’re saying Paul had something to say about major transport infrastructure.
[/
I am not an expert on the Highway Code. I do not know.

I do believe that Satan had a role in the "BOZO" election.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 11:28 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
What you want me to pray for is that God will lack some of the attributes that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam strongly confirm. Among these are Holiness,. Purity, and Righteousness
God is Glory!!!

Yeah. That's why you people think your GOD demanded that you torture and kill his son before he would forgive you for offending him.

Neal, Neal, Neal. You really have to think this thing through.