Internet Considered Cheating??

marnieg

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 11:54 pm
My boyfriend of 3 years and I are touring around Australia. Different place every month for 5 months. Awesome time! BUT his email was left open so I was looking, snooping I suppose, and found POF emails in his SPAM folder. Why was I snooping do you ask? There was some inappropriate conduct in our past that was reported to me through FB AND some girls he met and hung out with while away that he forgot to tell me about. But the truth always shines it face.
Anyways, my trust factor is not as high as it was in the beginning. SO I googled his username that was in the email and it came up with a partial profile. It was in the same city as us, same age as him, same hobbies and that he was from a different country, which we are. Coincidental?? I looked farther down in the google search and it came up with the same partial profile in a town we were in 2 months prior! Another coincidence?? I confronted him and he denied it. I made my own POF account to look him up but the account was deleted. Am I crazy? Jumping to conclusions? He thinks so...
Any ideas that could help this situation would be wonderful.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 968 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 01:26 am
@marnieg,
I've no idea of what POF might be, but when I send mark something as spam, I not only I not only don't want that message; I don't want further contact with the sender. I don't see the problem.

By the way, based on my prior decisions, yahoo mail sends a dozen emails to my trash folder every month. I only know about them when I get around to emptying the folder. Again, I'm just not seeing a problem.
roger

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 01:27 am
@marnieg,
Just as a matter of interest, are there really five places in Australia one might want to visit for a month?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 04:52 am
@roger,

POF is an online dating site...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 06:00 am
@roger,
POF = Plenty of Fools
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 04:45 pm
@marnieg,
Quote:
My boyfriend of 3 years and I are touring around Australia

Quote:
I looked farther down in the google search and it came up with the same partial profile in a town we were in 2 months prior!

Plenty of Fish in the sea.. What if he actually is on the Forum? Not the dating site, you can't join that unless you put up your profile, I used to frequent it years ago, and had to write " not dating" .....on my profile... Quite a silly place in retrospect. Anyway... So you are both touring Aussie Land, Sydney, Queensland, did you come to Adelaide? And, he "is" on a dating site, POF, mentioning wherever you 'BOTH' were two months ago... (Where we were in)

How does he get to date girls if you both are together here in Australia? I can not even see a possibility there, so why would he be trying to hook up with someone in Australia, when you are "both" together.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 08:31 pm
Is he physically with you? Not gone for days?

If so then why worry?

You have no proof that he is cheating on you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 08:36 pm
@marnieg,
marnieg wrote:
Any ideas that could help this situation would be wonderful.

I don't think there is anything we could say that will make you trust him.

You snooped into his email - to the point of checking his spam folder. I don't think there's anything left in a relationship once that happens.

I'd suggest you both accept that the relationship is over and move on separately.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 08:54 pm
Peggy, the receptionist at work, met her husband through POF.

I think she should be very worried.

chai(I'm just sayin')tea
0 Replies

templeblack

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2013 02:38 pm
@marnieg,
He's being dishonest and disrespectful and yes it's a FORM of cheating to hit on/flirt with possible hookups maybe even cyber sex who knows. I'm sure he would consider it a form of cheating had you done the same thing. Plus you'll never know what all he actually did or what all he actually planned on doing behind your back with this dating site, and that's a heavy weight to carry.

If they have to hide something from their significant other (lie) then chances are they are doing something wrong. They know it. They do it anyway.
0 Replies