WHAT'S FOR LUNCH

Misti26

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 07:00 pm
WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?

An American, an Italian and a Surd were doing construction work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building... They were eating lunch and the American said, "Corned beef and cabbage! If I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch I'm going to jump off this building." The Italian opened his lunch box and exclaimed, "Pasta again! If I get pasta one more time I'm going to jump off, too." The Surd opened his lunch and said, "Paratha and dal again. If I get paratha and daal one more time I'm jumping too." Next day - The American opens his lunch box, sees corned beef and cabbage and jumps to his death. The Italian opens his lunch, sees pasta and jumps. The Surd opens his lunch, sees paratha and daal and jumps to his death also...At the funeral..... The American's wife is weeping...She says, "If I'd known how really tired he was of corned beef & cabbage, I never would have given it to him again!" The Italian's wife also weeps and says " I could have given him pi! zza or lasagna! I didn't realize he hated pasta so much." Everyone turned and stared at the Surd's wife... "Hey, don't look at me," she said, "He makes his own lunch!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 15
No top replies

the prince

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 06:18 am
And what is a surd ? <giggle>
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 07:45 am
I´m puzzled there too Gautam.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 08:41 am
The reason why I put a giggle is not very "non-indians" would know what a "surd" is.

A "surd" is a slang for Sikh people (known as Sardars in India) - Whenever you want to put a "jokable" person in Indian jokes, you use them.....
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 09:22 am
And THAT is what hebba has learnt today.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 09:29 am
But that is not the only thing Gautam has taught today !!! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:29 pm
Gautam wrote:

A "surd" is a slang for Sikh people (known as Sardars in India) - Whenever you want to put a "jokable" person in Indian jokes, you use them.....

Sat Sri Akal

Gautam, enough of jokes, you should be ashamed of yourself while making such racist statements.

Let me share with you all the Truth... Smile

During 17th Century when India was ruled by Mughals all the people were humiliated and were treated like animal. Mughals treated the Hindu women as there own property and were forcing all Hindus to accept the Islam and even used to kill the people if they were refusing to accept. That time Ninth Sikh Guru Sri Guru Teg Bhadarji who came forward, in request of some Kashmir Pandit, to fight against all these cruel activities. Sikh philosophy is that no body can be forced to convert or follow any faith without consent and his own freewill... Guruji told Mughal emperor if he could succeed in converting him to Islam all the Hindus would accept the same but if he failed, he should stop all those activities . Mughal Emperor happily agreed to that but even after lots of Torture to Guruji and his fellow members he failed to convert him to Islam and Guruji along with his other four fellow members who were also tortured for the same sacrificed their lives in Chandni Chowk since Mughals were unable to convert them to Islam they were assassinated thus Guruji sacrificed his life for the Protection of followers of other religion. Can anybody lay his life that too for protection of some other religion/faith. He will always be remembered as "Dharam Ki Chaddar"..."The Protector of Religions", But nobody, for the sake of whom, he sacrificed his life, came forward, even to lift His body with a fear that they would also be assassinated.

Seeing this cowardice 10th Sikh Guruji, Sri Guru Gobind Singhiji (Son of Guru Teg Bahadarji made a resolution that he would make such a human who would not be able to hide himself and could be easily located in thousands... The Sikh, who would always be in forefront for protection of Human Rights and Religions.

At start, Sikhs were very less in numbers even though they were fighting against the cruel Mughals emperors. At that time Nadir Shah raided Delhi in year 1739 BC and looted Hindustan and was carrying lot of Hindustan Treasures and nearly '2200' Hindu women along with him. The news spread like a fire and was heard by Sardar Jassa Singh, who was the Commander of Sikh army at that time. He decided to attack Nadir Shah's Khafila on the same midnight. He did so and rescued all the hindu women and were safely sent to their homes. It didn't happened only once but thereafter whenever any Abdaalis or Iranis had looted Hindustan and were trying to carry out treasures and Hindu women along with them for selling them in Abdal markets, the Sikh army, quite few in numbers but were bravehearted attacked them in the midnight (12 O'clock) and rescued women. Arrow After that time when there occurred a similar incidence people started to contact Sikh Army for their Help and Sikh used to attacked the raider's at the Midnight(12 O'clock). It continued and became a fame that at midnight (nearly at 12 O'clock) it is very difficult to fight against Sikhs as the Sikhs get some Extra Power to save Religion, Nation and Humanity. Nobody can fight and win against them at midnight, this continues till now. Nowadays these smart people and some Sikh enemies who are afraid of Sikhs, have spread these words that at 12 O'clock Sikh goes out of sense... :wink:

Arrow Sikhs are born for others and they are real patriotic to Humanity and Protector of Religions. What we all are doing to these great Saints and Soldiers...? instead of acknowledging them, we make fun... Isn't it a funny... Truth ?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:04 am
Chill out Ideal. You should know me better before you accuse me of being a "racist".
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 02:12 am
Gautam wrote:
Chill out Ideal. You should know me better before you accuse me of being a "racist".

Sat Sri Akal

Dear Gautam

Apologies for being harsh. Your comments on Sikhs make no other sense to me...

Would you mind telling me: Why did you make these comments, fully knowing that there was no Sikh around in this forum to tackle Question Dont you think these comments truly reflect upon your true inner self...

Onuce is on you to refute my allegations Exclamation
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 05:44 pm
Ideal, are we still allowed to do Irish jokes? How 'bout blonde jokes?
Jeesh, lighten up a little will ya?

Q. What does a Surd (or any other group you feel like bagging) say when you ask them if their blinker is working?

A. yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:29 am
Am I talking to you Adrian ? So, better keep 'mum' Wink
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:36 am
Ideal,

There is no onus on me to justify myself to you or anyone. However, I will still try to make an attempt.

There is no denying the fact that the surds, for whatever reason, are the butt of many jokes in India. Just like the Irish, the Polish, the Rednecks, the Lawyers, the Bankers, the Gays, the Americans, the English, fat people, ugly people, blondes......I am sure you get my point.

I never intended to be racist in my above posts, you are taking slight at what you imagine to be a racist insult. I crack a lot of sikh jokes amongst others - and the source of these jokes is a very good SIKH friend of mine.

If you are expecting an apology, I am sorry but you are not getting any, simply because I dont think I did anything wrong.

Learn to laugh at yrself, atleast you wont feel left out when others do.

And pls dont try and teach me abt sikh history - you sound patronizing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 03:00 am
Shall I add some really nice jokes about the East-Frisians?

Small restaurant on the East Frisan coast, German Bight:
Talk between guest and waitress:
"What's the 'Tourist's Menu' today?"
"Sandwiches"
"You don't offer any hot lunches?"
"Certainly: warm beer."

Why don't East Frisians eat canned food?
They can't get their head inside the cans.

0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 03:15 am
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:35 am
Gautam wrote:

There is no denying the fact that the surds, for whatever reason, are the butt of many jokes in India. Just like the Irish, the Polish, the Rednecks, the Lawyers, the Bankers, the Gays, the Americans, the English, fat people, ugly people, blondes......I am sure you get my point.

No, You are not making any point Exclamation You are very smartly trying to generalise your bigoted remarks. You mentioned that the Irish, the Polish or Americans but that does not relate to a particular community. But when you specifically mentioned the word 'SURDS' you were targeting a particualr community which makes your comments racist. Now you getting my point.

If your have guts show your kind comments to your sp called Sikh friend and then we shall see the funny side of the story... Smile You knew that no Sikh was here on this forum to take note of your filty comments. But you are cought... Laughing

Quote:
Learn to laugh at yrself, atleast you wont feel left out when others do.

You are trying to be so intelligent... Arrow "Laugh at Your-own-self" is the keyword...

I care damn about your apology becasue you hold absolutely no respect from me now... your loose excuses hold NO merit and NO thanx for your advice. bcoz nobody can ever make me feel left out... Very Happy

Quote:
And pls dont try and teach me abt sikh history - you sound patronizing.

Why Sir? What happend ? Actaully, Reality Bites... :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:43 am
<sigh> I have no intention to refute yr pointless allegations. If you are so slighted by my remarks, you are more than welcome to refer my post to the moderators and get it removed from the forum.
0 Replies