She brings up her ex, in a good way...

rgh87

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 04:30 am
We've been dating for maybe 6 months... she goes away one weekend for her classes but plans to party with a bunch of her friends, no biggie. As expected she gets trashed and that's the end of texting her for the night. Tomorrow she's replaying the madness about how "she died last night" and how her ex was taking care of her while she was holding the toilet.

My first thought is that this girl is testing me to see how I react that her ex is with her in a good way. Second thought is that she told me this because there's nothing to hide and wants me to know that shes comfortable of telling what happened.

If you're like me the second thought sounds like bs. Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 699 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 06:13 am
@rgh87,
I want to know why you're bothering dating someone who is a trainwreck and possibly a nascent (if not full-blown) alcoholic.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 06:25 am
@jespah,
I agree. Watch her drinking.

How is it that she ended up with her ex. (of all the people) and in that condition?

She's got some 'esplainin' to do, Lucy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 06:31 am
@rgh87,
rgh87 wrote:
Thoughts?

She doesn't care what she says to you because she's moved on. You're now a random friend she can say random **** to.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 05:55 pm
@rgh87,
Dating someone turns into a relationship, usually within a few weeks.. There is a connection, no baggage and so people give it a go.

6 months of dating, is company both in person, dating, and sexual.. Nothing more. Usually, because the person in question hasn't moved on, or is not ready for another relationship.

Your thoughts on the said matter are what you are "hopeful for"... Which means you don't know her at all even after 6 months, second guessing along the way.

She is still in love with her ex. And, he still has some feelings for her, or else he would not have taken care of her when she drank too much, in-fact it seems to me that she possibly drank "so much" because she was in a place where her ex was, and it hurt... He possibly also felt guilty as he knew it was because of him.

Why does that last bit matter? Because, it means they know each other.

Don't continue to "date" past 4 weeks, or so... all you are is a handbag to someone who can't have a relationship for their own reasons.

0 Replies