Terrorist attack in London

JTT

Sat 25 May, 2013 09:06 pm
See how valuable WikiLeaks is. What it can do is educate westerners to what the people of the ME, Latin America, Africa, Asia, ... already know, that the US, the UK and their hangers on routinely commit terrorist actions around the world.

The CIA calls it blowback, one idiom is 'what goes around comes around'. We all know why these aggressive acts are being committed. The real question is why are there so few when the worldwide actions of the western powers are so egregious in nature.

Quote:

WikiLeaks cables: Bangladeshi 'death squad' trained by UK government
Rapid Action Battalion, accused of hundreds of extra-judicial killings, received training from UK officers, cables reveal

Fariha Karim and Ian Cobain
The Guardian, Tuesday 21 December 2010 21.30 GMT

The British government has been training a Bangladeshi paramilitary force condemned by human rights organisations as a "government death squad", leaked US embassy cables have revealed.

Members of the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), which has been held responsible for hundreds of extra-judicial killings in recent years and is said to routinely use torture, have received British training in "investigative interviewing techniques" and "rules of engagement".

Details of the training were revealed in a number of cables, released by WikiLeaks, which address the counter-terrorism objectives of the US and UK governments in Bangladesh. One cable makes clear that the US would not offer any assistance other than human rights training to the RAB – and that it would be illegal under US law to do so – because its members commit gross human rights violations with impunity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/21/wikileaks-cables-british-police-bangladesh-death-squad
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2013 10:08 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
No doubt, GB, a real horror for the family of that young man. But really, it pales into insignificance compared to the war crimes committed by the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

No such war crimes.

JTT wrote:
It pales into insignificance compared to the horrors heaped upon those peoples by the US/UK.

If they did not want us to defend ourselves from them, then they shouldn't have been massacring us.

JTT wrote:
It pales into insignificance when compared to any one tiny instance of the incredible evil that the US and the UK have perpetrated upon the people of Afghanistan.

Oh the horror. We actually tried to bring them democracy.

JTT wrote:
Throw a dart at the map and you'll likely hit a country where Muslim women are forced to see incredibly brutal acts as their countries and lives are ruined by the US/UK.

That's what they get for their unprovoked massacres of thousands of innocent civilians. Maybe next time they'll decide not to start a war with us.

Quote:
10 Years After Invasion, US Depleted Uranium Continues to Devastate Iraq
US persistent refusal to release data hampering efforts to eradicate contamination

As if cleanup efforts needed data?

Just remove the soil immediately around any destroyed tanks (or in locations immediately around where tanks were once destroyed).

Sheesh! No need to complicate it.

Quote:
Despite this and ignoring warnings against the continued use of DU munitions, the findings of the report show that both the U.S. and the U.K. used such weapons far more expansively in Iraq—targeting ordinary vehicles and buildings in highly populated civilian areas.

Nonsense. DU would not be terribly useful against objects other than heavy armor.

Quote:
Both the U.S. and the U.K. have failed to admit the widely reported adverse health affects of exposure to DU. However, as the report points out:
New and alarming reports of increased cancer rates and birth malformations emerged in the years after the official ending of the hostilities in Iraq, as well as amongst veterans of Coalition forces who were present during and after the fighting; which again pointed to the use of DU as the cause of these health problems.

Why would anyone admit to fictitious claims?

Quote:
The US government has consistently denied confirmation of where it had fired DU weapons. The report, however, shows that between 300 and 365 contaminated sites have been reported by 2006, with likely many more.
"It is unclear exactly how many locations may still be contaminated, or the extent of the risks that civilians face," said the report's author, Wim Zwijnenburg.

LOL!

"Tank destroyed in this spot" = "DU contamination"

"No tank destroyed in this spot" = "No DU contamination"

No need to make it so complicated.

Quote:
It also documents evidence that DU munitions were fired at light vehicles, buildings and other civilian infrastructure including the Iraqi Ministry of Planning in Baghdad – casting doubt on official assurances that only armoured vehicles were targeted. "The use of DU in populated areas is alarming," it says, adding that many more contaminated sites are likely to be discovered.

Balderdash.

And even if we did waste DU ammo on a non-armor target, the shells would have just embedded deep into the ground instead of bursting into flame and spreading oxides.
oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2013 10:08 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You all know full well why this Woolwich incident happened, you know full well why Boston happened and why 9-11 happened. But in all this time I can't recall hearing one person on A2K acknowledging what you all know to be the truth.

They happened because the terrorists want to extinguish freedom and democracy, abolish women's rights, and commit genocide against all non-Muslims. And because the terrorists think that the way to achieve this is by massacring innocent civilians.
BillRM

Sat 25 May, 2013 10:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
commit genocide against all non-Muslims

Hell these assholes will and have killed large numbers of Muslims who ancestors picked the "wrong" side of who should be the leaders of the movement a thousand years ago!!!!!!

May I however suggest that engaging JTT in discussions is kind of pointless and he or she or it will always find justifications for mass murders as long as it is done in the name of being anti-American.
oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2013 10:34 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Have you noticed, Izzy, how A2K was saturated with coverage for Boston, threads popping up all over, the weeping and gnashing of teeth, hugs all around, pats on the back all around about how resilient and strong we all are as we dove for cover and let the Gestapo strong, with their armored vehicles and 3000 storm troopers hunt down a badly wounded teenager.?

For Woolwich, it was a huge MEH.

Boston was subjected to an ongoing threat, where for awhile the terrorists could have struck again.

JTT wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to know that there are real people who are equally concerned about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of as innocent or more so, Afghans and Iraqis?

Collateral damage from Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't have been more than around 10,000 total.

And if that was too much for them, maybe next time they will decide not to come here and massacre thousands of innocent civilians.

JTT wrote:
You know full well that Woolwich, 9-11, 7-7, never would have happened if the UK hadn't committed the war crimes, the terrorist acts against people in the ME.

No such war crimes. No such terrorist acts.
BillRM

Sat 25 May, 2013 10:59 pm
@oralloy,
Here an example of JTT heroes actions so why is he worth talking to?

It not just non-Muslims that are the victims of these killers.

OmSigDAVID

Sun 26 May, 2013 12:16 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Here an example of JTT heroes actions so why is he worth talking to?
I 've had him on Ignore for years;
hopeless insanity, added to stupidity = JTT.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 26 May, 2013 12:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
ERRATUM:
I posted this with insufficient clarity:
". . . on the other hand:
government sponsored, sometimes government equipped,
militia for when the army is not around,
or does not exist (e.g., the Free French or the Mormon Militia,
or defensively armed merchants, during race riots)."

To offer better clarity,
let me point out that the Free French, the Mormon Militia
and defensively armed merchants were set forth as examples
of private militia when the army is not around
or does not exist, but thay were NOT government sponsored,
nor government equipped.

David
0 Replies

contrex

Sun 26 May, 2013 01:44 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
They happened because the terrorists want to extinguish freedom and democracy, abolish women's rights, and commit genocide against all non-Muslims. And because the terrorists think that the way to achieve this is by massacring innocent civilians.

If this laughable nonsense were true, then the guys in London chose a rather impractical way to achieve their objective. If the idea is to reduce the population of Britain by attrition, their killing rate is much less than that achieved by road accidents (about 6 every day). In World War 2 the Allies sent thousand-bomber raids to places like Hamburg, Dresden and Tokyo and killed thousands of "innocent" men, women and children and these acts didn't break the enemies' spirits or destroy their will to resist. Neither did the Nazi bombing raids or missile attacks do that to Britain.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 26 May, 2013 02:27 am
@contrex,
I saw the cartoon yesterday, it's brilliant. He's getting more like Ralph Steadman every day.

I pay no attention to Oralboy and BillRM, who have just come here to sneer at the death of a British soldier and use it as an excuse for rampant bigotry.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 26 May, 2013 03:58 am
@izzythepush,
My condolences on the loss of the Englishman.

David
glitterbag

Sun 26 May, 2013 04:30 am
@contrex,
Well, attribute anything you like to me if it makes your rationale more comfortable to you. However, I take extreme offense at the charge of watching Fox News. I re read your comments, and I stand corrected. You don't know what you believe in, but keep writing, maybe you will figure it out.
BillRM

Sun 26 May, 2013 04:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
hopeless insanity, added to stupidity = JTT.

Same here
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 26 May, 2013 04:51 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Well, attribute anything you like to me if it makes your rationale more comfortable to you.
However, I take extreme offense at the charge of watching Fox News. I re read your comments,
and I stand corrected. You don't know what you believe in, but keep writing, maybe you will figure it out.
Is it POSSIBLE for anyone
to believe in something,
WITHOUT KNOWING THAT HE BELIEVES IT ?????
glitterbag

Sun 26 May, 2013 04:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
Well, attribute anything you like to me if it makes your rationale more comfortable to you.
However, I take extreme offense at the charge of watching Fox News. I re read your comments,
and I stand corrected. You don't know what you believe in, but keep writing, maybe you will figure it out.
to believe in something,

Absolutely, haven't you been reading this forum?
contrex

Sun 26 May, 2013 05:04 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I take extreme offense at the charge of watching Fox News.

OK - I'll withdraw that one.
glitterbag

Sun 26 May, 2013 05:09 am
@contrex,
Thanks, I still think you are an intellectually pliable individual, but I take exception to the notion of Fox News, which I believe is an oxymoron. Just shameful.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 26 May, 2013 05:31 am
@glitterbag,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
to believe in something,

glitterbag wrote:
Absolutely, haven't you been reading this forum?
I believe that the Earth is the 3rd planet from the Sun
and I believe that it gets dark at nite.
I cant believe ANYTHING without KNOWING that I believe it.

David
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 26 May, 2013 06:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you David, I wasn't accusing you of anything.
JTT

Sun 26 May, 2013 07:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Of course you have, Sig. You're a coward, as is BillRM, as is Glitterbag, as are all the others who pretend.
0 Replies