I believe in B-ball ...

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 07:58 am
@kickycan,
Damn. The Knicks. Who new?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 06:43 pm
What's gonna happen to the Hornets - for that matter what's gonna happen to the entire league next year. Heard tonight the NBA is gonna lose $350 million this year and are requesting that every player take a 33% cut in pay. What is the chance of this happening?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:40 am
@BillW,

they are heading for a lock-out next year, hopefully a short one...

meanwhile, the C's became the first team in NBA history to start 16-4 four straight seasons.
thank U, big 3!
Ragman

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 01:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
Wait, wait! That's The Big 4. Gotta include Rondo, natch!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:07 pm
@Ragman,

true.
with the big shamrock on board, it's actually the big 5 this year (but who's counting?)...
didn't need shaq tonight -- blew out charlotte 93-62...
10 straight W's!
Old Goat

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 07:49 am
@kickycan,
Kicky, I would have PMd this, but seeing as it is not working, I shall just stick this on your latest post and hope that you pick it up.
I know you enjoyed the Brit version of the Office, so I'm pretty sure that you have a warped enough sense of humour to enjoy this as well.
A recent discovery of mine...

Warning: Adult language. Over 18's only.
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dt0dqfDD8g-4%26list%3DSL

Give it about five minutes to get used to the format, and hopefully you will find it right up your street. There are many more episodes - just search " Pete versus life "

Hope you get this, and sorry for the minor derailment everyone.

Carry on....

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 08:23 am
@Region Philbis,
Oops...my oversight! Shaq-ém attack. Be still my Shaqy-breaky heart!

62 points, in deed! What a poor showing.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 11:34 am
@Ragman,

tomorrow night we shall see how far the knicks have really come.
with 4 days off the C's should be rested and ready, hopefully not rusty...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 05:57 am

wow that was a good 'un, right down to the wire.
knicks look like they've turned the corner on their decade of mediocrity.

tommy heinsohn said it best --
"that's as good as the knicks can play, but not as good as the celtics can play"...

they need a shaq-like enforcer to patrol the paint, so they don't have to play
run n' gun all night in an effort to outscore the other team.
the C's got way too many easy lay-ups...
Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 06:50 am
@Region Philbis,
Nice to see Knicks are back in the running again. It's good for the league. Stoudamire has a team around him. And may Spike Lee choke on his bile!
BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:46 am
Interesting evening with lots of good scores, with exception of course, to the hated Lakers. My Thunder performed well to the powerless Rockets. Anyone know, is Yao out forever? Rockets were "my team" before the advent of the Thunder.....
Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:35 am
@BillW,
Wiki info excerpt on Yao:

"In July 2009, Yao discussed the (foot-toe) injury with his doctors, and the Rockets applied for a disabled player exception, an exception to the NBA Salary Cap which grants the injured player's team money to sign a free agent.[94] The Rockets were granted the exception, and used approximately $5.7 million on free agent Trevor Ariza. After weeks of consulting, it was decided that Yao would undergo surgery in order to repair the broken bone in his left foot.[95] He did not play the entire 2009–10 season.[96]

For the 2010–11 season, the Rockets will limit Yao to no more than 24 minutes a game, with no plan to play him on back-to-back nights. The goal is to keep Yao healthy long term."
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:59 am
@BillW,
I looked up his stats: so far this season he's been in 5 games and averaged 18 mins / game.
BillW

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:49 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks Ragman. I do believe I remember that this condition is a big man problem and will haunt him for the rest of his career.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 01:05 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Stoudamire has a team around him. ...

I hope by this comment, RM, you are not implying that he did not have a team around him last year.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 03:24 pm
@Ticomaya,

i think he was comparing them to last year's knicks "team" -- if you could call it that...
Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:13 pm
@Ticomaya,
Relative to last year's team, this team is superior. Don't you think? Results (as well as an eyeball test) seem(s) to indicate they are.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:26 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
i think he was comparing them to last year's knicks "team" -- if you could call it that...

Ah, gotcha. I'll buy that.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:28 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Relative to last year's team, this team is superior. Don't you think? Results (as well as an eyeball test) seem(s) to indicate they are.

I honestly couldn't say. I do wish Amare was still a Sun playing this well.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:47 am
@BillW,

Yao Ming out indefinitely with stress fracture in his left ankle
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5926989
0 Replies