I believe in B-ball ...

BillW

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:34 pm
I have been enjoying the small amount of time I get watching the high flying show of Blake Griffin. But, the Clips don't get much TV time in these parts. My team is OKC Thunder w/number 1 point maker Kevin Durant. This team is the most improved over the last 3 years! Hope they become very competitive soon.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2010 06:25 am
@BillW,

hey there, BillW!

the C's made the mistake of taking the durant-less OKC lightly last week, and paid for it.
looks like they will be battling utah for the NW division crown...

last night shaq had a throwback game -- 25/11 in 32 minutes.
it's been 3 years since a 38-year old (sam cassel) scored that many in a game...
BillW

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:23 am
@Region Philbis,
Hey back attach Smile

Shaq continues to amaze - thought he was gone 6 years ago. How does any obect have enough to move that much mass around? Of course, you've got to keep him motivated or his minutes will go down, down, down..........

My prayers are for Blake to come to OKC - but, at what cost, yipes!
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 02:59 pm
@BillW,

it would be foolish for the clippers to part with griffin before his rookie contract is up,
but they've got a history of making bizarre moves...

the big shamrock seems to be cool with fewer minutes.
most nights he won't be called upon to carry the offensive load.
they need him to rebound and (flagrantly) foul anyone brave enough to drive the lane...
BillW

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 03:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
I have to say that I haven't seen him this inspired since his early Heat days.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 06:37 am
@BillW,

he has regained that hop in his step, and is having fun out there on the hardwood again...
Ragman

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 07:36 am
@Region Philbis,
Didn't Shaq just have another highlight film game? I saw him running - not walking - the floor to the basket.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:19 am
@Ragman,

Mr. Green

BillW

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 11:51 am
@Region Philbis,
I thought the roof was gonna cave in! If he had not of caught onto the rim, and it held - there would have been a rather large hole in the floor.......
Ragman

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 11:54 am
@BillW,
It truly amazes me to see him run and jump. That's like lifting a crane!
BillW

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 12:03 pm
@Ragman,
Don't you mean, " .........a crane lifting itself."? Razz
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 03:49 pm
@BillW,

i believe they were forced to do a league-wide reinforcement of the basket bases after he pulled one over on them a few years back...
BillW

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 04:44 pm
@Region Philbis,

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 04:52 pm
@BillW,

that was the night danny ainge said to himself, "if i ever get to be GM, omma sign that guy..."

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9619/57967099.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 06:42 am

tonight lebron "quitness" james makes his return to the forlorn city he ceremoniously dumped.

the heat went so far as to keep their travel plans under wrap... and now this --

Quote:
[cav's owner] Gilbert has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a Midwestern law firm to investigate
suspicions that the Heat broke NBA tampering rules
(espn)
patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 08:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
It's a beatdown at the half.

Frankly, I think Gilbert comes off too easy in this whole thing. Except for drafting James, the team has not been well-run.

Very cool that a few weeks into the season the league still looks wide open. It's a shame I'll be cancelling the cable next week (for that reason only).
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 05:02 am
@patiodog,

yeah, they look lottery-bound this year.
loved how they played the star wars evil empire theme during intros, and forced miami to wear there white uni's.
big Z got a nice ovation, as expected.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 09:26 pm
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:

Quote:
Sorry, I had to say it. It may be my last chance this year to be able to put the words "playoffs" and "the Knicks" in the same sentence.

Really? How about, "It's only February, and the Knicks are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs."

Or how about, "I know it's only December, but the Knicks are looking a lot like a playoff team right now."

I just watched a Knicks game and yelled out in jubilation as they pulled out a great win.

I don't think I've said those words in ten years. Let me relish the moment for a second.

The Knicks are back, baby! They are 11-1 over the last 12 games, and Stoudemire has been unstoppable, with six 30+ point games in a row, blocked shots, big points in the 4th quarter...the guy is gettin' the job DONE. And they have a point guard all of a sudden, and they also have a couple other guys who can score. The offense is clickin'.

Okay, it's early in the season, I realize that. But it's been so long since I've had anything to be excited about with this freaking team!

Dare I say it aloud? Is it too early?

The Knicks are good! Oh my god, I said it! And it felt goooooood....ha, ha bring on big baby James and the Heat!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 04:29 am
@kickycan,

yeah, what's gotten into them?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:09 am
I haven't even looked at bball for a few weeks. Need to at least review where my teams are at. I know my college team is going no where, but need to at least get in mind where the Thunder are at and what Blake has been doing for me lately.
0 Replies