Old Story, may have some teeth after all! Check this out!

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 11:49 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I'm waiting for the next page in the pagination of this thread because it's so long.

I still don't understand what that means. Doesn't it start a new page if a post doesn't fit in the remaining space? Or am I way off understanding?

Craven de Kere wrote:
Knowing that they would likely veto we worked to the eleventh hour trying to pursuade the swing vote. That was indicative of a desire to get a majority and let France be the scapegoat.

There no other reason we would attempt to secure a majority in a vote we knew would be vetoed.

Accept, perhaps, that facing that much opposition France would choose not to be the scapegoat... Again, I accept there is a very high probability of your conclusion being correct.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 02:39 pm
Craven... basically bumping this to the top in hopes getting your attention. I'd especially love to hear your explanation of this:
Quote:
Now I happen to think that it would be a piece of cake to ameliorate NK through better means than war, but if there were a war, that's how I'd like for the structure to be.

Ps. Why don't hamsters observe daylight savings time?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 02:50 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Ps. Why don't hamsters observe daylight savings time?

Hamsters don't observe any time zone at all: you must set the time manually [via "Profile", nearly bottom of that page] - or engage a private hamster :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 12:09 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
I'm waiting for the next page in the pagination of this thread because it's so long.

I still don't understand what that means. Doesn't it start a new page if a post doesn't fit in the remaining space? Or am I way off understanding?

Yeah, I was just waiting for a new page because the old one was long (because of our long posts).

Then I lost track of this thread for several reasons (busy, found new threads etc).

Anywho I did want to get back to you even if briefly. I don't really wanna "do" north korea now, that's a whole new discussion that I might have a hard time fittin' in. So is there any outstanding Iraq/US/UN issues for me to respond to? Or did I kill this by being late?

Edit: removed "quote chad"
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 12:37 am
I think we pretty well covered all of the original points. NK and morality were both tangents I'd be interested in exploring further. To be honest Craven: You could quote anything I've said anywhere and I'd likely find the ensuing discussion interesting, but nothing is pressing. I remain surprised at your reaction to my "dream". Shocked
0 Replies