Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:26 am
Been with my boyfriend for about 5 months.. And he's made me so happy
We are both Pakistani and culture and religion make it hard to be together . He's 18 and I'm 15..
His parents have got him an arranged marriage back in Pakistan, they have found him the girl and everything. He says he loves me and he don't want this and he keeps stressing about it - so am I.
It's been my longest relationship and I really like him, he understands me.
He promised me he would sort it and won't allow this to happen..
The marriage will be in about 2years and is getting sent there this year for the engagement..
Don't know what to do. Telling his parents no isn't an option.. Help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 547 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 06:50 am
@sarah1998,
sarah1998 wrote:

.... Telling his parents no isn't an option.. Help?

Then how the hell are they supposed to know that he's unhappy?

I get that this is a different culture but, truly, what's supposed to happen if he does not stand up to them and say no, if he actually wants to be with you.

Do you wait around for his fiancée to die? Hurry her along by cutting the brake fluid lines on her car (kids, don't try this at home)? Wait for a miracle to somehow change their minds?

I get that it is not easy, and I am not without sympathy, but this is all hurtling along and, unless someone speaks up to his parents, this is going to happen. All the wishing and the hoping in the world will not fix it. This is 2013, not 1513. What is the worst that could possibly happen if he says no? Do his parents disown him? Then he marries who he wants anyway. Do they beat him? Then go to the authorities. He is 18 and he is out of the country; perhaps he can stay where he is, and apply for citizenship.

But saying absolutely nothing is not going to get you two anywhere.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:39 pm
HE's too young to be engaged.

YOU are too young to be hanging with an 18 year old.

This has nothing to do with culture.
0 Replies