Four dead Americans in Benghazi

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 11:21 am

Obama has created so many scandals and abused so much of his power that it's hard to keep track...
I'm sure this list of things he didn't know about until reading the paper will continue to grow.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But, the economy can only maintain so many preventable, false blows. Surely the smart Repubs will get some sense soon and throw the bums out!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 12:24 pm
@BillW,
That's true! Those without jobs and seeking jobs for the past few years are the unhappiest voters. However, "job creation" is improving every year, and that's what counts.

In today's local newspaper, it shows that the average cost of housing in the San Francisco bay area is now over $500,000. That shows more people are showing improvement in their net assets and confidence in the economy - which translates into continued growth of our economy.

I see the glass as half full - and improving.
BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Even despite the continuing right wing jobs killing legislation, and attitudes - the President is having to creat 2+ jobs, some from the right wing created Great Recession and their continued unAmerican attempts to bring the government down!

Quote:
glass half full

Oh well, let us do be rejoiceful today!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I notice you are ignoring the dem cuts to embassy security funding. Why is that?
And I notice you ignore the fact that since FY2007 the State Dept funding overall has gone UP by 37%

Those facts, including the fact that state dept officials have gone on record and said that the reduced funding had NOTHING to do with the lack of security.

Quote:
During hearings into the attack last fall and this month, State Department officials were specifically asked if a lack of financial resources played a role in the attack. The answer was no.

Oct. 10, 2012 hearing:

QUESTION: It has been suggested that budget cuts were responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi. And I'd like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE CHARLENE LAMB: No, sir.

QUESTION: So there's not a budget problem. It's not you all don't have the money to do this?

LAMB: Sir, it's a volatile situation. We will move assets to cover that.

May 8, 2013 hearing:

QUESTION: Mr. Nordstrom, you were on that panel. Do you remember what she [Lamb] said?

REGIONAL SECURITY OFFICER ERIC NORDSTROM: Yes, she said that resources was not an issue. And I think I would also point to the ARB report, if I'm not mistaken, that they talked to our chief financial officer with D.S. [Diplomatic Security], who also said that resources were not an issue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/barbara-boxers-claim-that-gop-budgets-hampered-benghazi-security/2013/05/15/d1e295cc-bdb0-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_blog.html

So in this case you need to get your facts straight.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:00 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Mitch O'Connell said his first priority was to make sure Obama served just one term. That is the cancer ...racism... within American society.

So, taking the same position that the dems took with Bush, the repubs took with Clinton, the dems took with Reagan, and that every minority party has always taken against a president of another party is now racist?

That's the cancer, seeing racism where there is none.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:04 pm
@izzythepush,
But you did have the IRA, and that was the fault of your own government.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:07 pm
@mysteryman,
You wrote,
Quote:
That's the cancer, seeing racism where there is none.

But there is "racism" in how the Tea Party/GOP is treating this president.
There "can't" be any other reason for their hateful treatment of this president.

McConnell's: "one term president" is about as racist as all their actions in congress - the most filibuster in our history.

The majority of Americans want gun control, but this failed in congress.

Why?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:11 pm
@mysteryman,
That's an incredibly simplistic approach. The fact is we didn't have Islamic terrorism until Bush came along. We managed to make peace with the IRA. You are encouraging more and more angry men to want to become martyrs.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
McConnell's: "one term president" is about as racist as all their actions in congress - the most filibuster in our history.

You are saying its racist to take the same position regarding a President that every opposition party leader has taken after every presidential election in our history?
Or is it racist to actually say it out loud?

Quote:
The majority of Americans want gun control, but this failed in congress.

Why?

Because not enough dems voted it for it either.
Don't blame the repubs for what the dems did themselves.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The democrat party is probably the most racist group of people in American history and you support this racism.

Quote:
"Affirmative action" has become the touchstone of Democratic racial politics. Democrats portray anyone who opposes affirmative action as racist. But affirmative action, as currently practiced, is racist to the core. It is based on the assumption that African-Americans are incapable of competing with whites. It represents the kind of paternalistic racism that would have done honor to Calhoun. For the modern liberal Democratic racist as for the old-fashioned one, blacks are simply incapable of freedom. They will always need Ol’ Massa’s help. And woe be to any African-American who wanders off of the Democratic plantation. Ask Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, or Ward Connerly. Although they echo the call for a "color-blind society" that once characterized the vision of Martin Luther King Jr., they are pilloried as "Uncle Toms" of "Oreos" by such enforcers of the Democratic plantation system as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.
If we need the perfect symbol for the true character of the Democratic Party when it comes to race, we need look no farther than Rhode Island Congressman Patrick Kennedy. Rep. Kennedy portrays himself as a friend of African-Americans. But his touching solicitude for African-Americans as a group is gross hypocrisy. When inconvenienced by a real African-American woman trying to do her job, Rep. Kennedy shoved her out of his way, giving her arm a yank for good measure. In practice, the Democratic Party as a whole cares as much about real African-Americans as Rep. Kennedy does.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:16 pm
@mysteryman,
Such BS, you're going to hell for that much lying

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/100000/80000/4000/400/184412/184412.strip.gif

Darrell Issa said he would impeach Obama - in 2009. So, it is the job of the Repuklian to destroy America in there vengeance. I know a much of your people who so racist they still believe in slavery. Yes, your people are in my view unAmerican to the hilt! The only way to escape this is to renounce your ilk, and their are some and growing - will you come clean?
mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:18 pm
@BillW,
You post makes no sense. Rewrite it so its readable and I will respond to it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Then who was that guy Clinton sent a cruise missel after?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What's a "missel?"
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It wasn't Gerry Adams.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Damn, you beat me to it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What's a "missel?"

Maybe it's got something to do with cigars.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Monica?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
Wow, you picked up on a reference. Give that man a coconut.