Four dead Americans in Benghazi

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 04:25 pm
@parados,
You've provided three quite unique and very narrow examples.

The first two involve foreign nationals. I don't know, but I doubt CI is a foreign national, and even if MM's question wasn't specific to CI, the Hamdi and Razul cases don't reflect upon the rights of American citizens.

The third involves an American citizen accused of planning a terrorist attack on his homeland.

Yes, one might reasonably argue that holding US citizens indefinately based on a designation as an "enemy combatant" is an infringement upon previously established rights and could open the door to governmental abuse, but the fact is that it didn't. Thus the Padilla case in no way advances the thrust of CI's argument.

Interestingly enough, the Obama Administration is killing American citizens it has decided to brand as "Bad Guys." So far, it has acknowledged killing four in drone attacks. I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I would prefer indefinate detention (with the possibility of legal recourse) than definate death.

I'm not, necessarily, arguing that the four should not have been obliterated by Hell-fire missiles, but if one indefinately detained American citizen means Bush was a tyranical monster, what does four American citizens blown to bits say about Obama?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You wrote,
Quote:
I'm not, necessarily, arguing that the four should not have been obliterated by Hell-fire missiles, but if one indefinately detained American citizen means Bush was a tyranical monster, what does four American citizens blown to bits say about Obama?

Not much if you wish to worry about numbers. GW Bush was responsible for over 4,000 of our men and women killed and maimed in Iraq, tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed, and the untold billions spent to do all those killings - all in an illegal war, and based on lies.

parados

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 06:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The first two involve foreign nationals.
Hamdi was a US citizen. Strike 1 for you.

Quote:
the Hamdi and Razul cases don't reflect upon the rights of American citizens.
Rights aren't only for US citizens. Strike2 for you.

Quote:
Yes, one might reasonably argue that holding US citizens indefinately based on a designation as an "enemy combatant" is an infringement upon previously established rights and could open the door to governmental abuse, but the fact is that it didn't
The Courts had to specifically step in to prevent the abuse. Strike 3.

Quote:
Interestingly enough, the Obama Administration is killing American citizens it has decided to brand as "Bad Guys."
That has nothing to do with whether the Bush administration violated rights.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 06:29 pm
Most liberals like CI are body count experts.

This makes me wonder if he or any of his ilk know how many of the enemy have been taken out and will be taken out in the future as a direct result of what Bush was forced to do after radical Islamic jihadist attacked this country and killed thousands.

Also, liberals have a tough time grasping the reality that if it where not for GWB making the tough choices that come with the job of president, PrezBO would not have had the opportunity to order SEALs to take out OBL... did Barry ever thank GWB for doing what he had to do? I think not.

So, how many radical Islamic jihadist has been taken out since 9/11?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 06:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
As usual, you hop and skip about your arguments to suit yourself.

Try and stick with one of your claims and defend it when challenged rather than conveniently moving on into what you believe is more fertile ground.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 06:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Too bad that you're not pleased with what I post, but I at least try to be factual, and provide credible links of the claims made.

Anyone can refute what I post.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 06:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, try and be factual about your claim that the Bush Adminsitration tore away so many of our rights. This is what MM asked you afterall (and which you continue to dodge).

Bestowing praise upon yourself is a laughable response.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 06:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Anyone can refute what I post.

Your lack of confidence is amazing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 07:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
No. That's an offer to stupid people like you who can never prove me wrong.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 09:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
what Bush was forced to do after radical Islamic jihadist attacked this country and killed thousands

You're both a stunning liar and an ignoramus of gigantic proportions, peeman. The attacks on the US have come because of the more than half a century of US terrorism, US theft, US murders of so many in the ME.

If we were to accept that an attack like that which occurred on 9-11 was justification for further attacks, there would be many countries lined up to attack the US.

What part of,

Over 200 times we [the USA] have put our forces into other countries to force them to our will. We've been in the business of being a country for about 200 years. We've spent fifty years at war, - John Stockwell

don't you understand?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 09:13 pm
@JTT,
Sperm Receptacle, what part of radical Islamic jihadist attacking
this country and killing thousands do you not understand?
JTT

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 09:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thousands compared to millions, little peeman.

It's certainly possible as you seem more than dumb enough, but surely you know the difference between thousands and millions.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 05:10 am
@JTT,

Have you no manners? Don't talk with your mouth full!
JTT

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:33 am
@H2O MAN,
It seems that you are that dumb, peeman.

The number dead and injured, the number materially terrorized by the US is orders of magnitude larger than the piddling [in context] 3000 from 9-11. Think about it, 3000, that's like maybe half an hour or so of carpet bombing innocent Cambodians. And that's just an infinitesimal start to the pain and suffering caused by the US.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:43 am
@JTT,

Sperm Receptacle, are you saying all of the pain and suffering this world has
experienced since the beginning of time is the fault of GWB and the USA?
I bet Obama and CI the troll would agree with you...
JTT

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:54 am
@H2O MAN,
GWB, yes, he is materially responsible for the massive untold pain and suffering experienced by the Iraqi and Afghan people. But his is only one of many US administrations that has inflicted even more massive amounts of pain and suffering upon millions and millions of innocents around the world.

All this pain and suffering just to steal the very bread from these peoples' mouths.

Think about it. How evil is that, H20man?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 07:08 am
@JTT,

You blame GWB for everything bad with since the beginning of time.
How stupid is that, Sperm Receptacle?
JTT

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 07:19 am
@H2O MAN,
I'm concerned about your reading skills and your "ability to comprehend", H20guy.

How did you miss this?

But his [GWB] is only one of many US administrations that has inflicted even more massive amounts of pain and suffering upon millions and millions of innocents around the world.

All this pain and suffering just to steal the very bread from these peoples' mouths.

Think about it. How evil is that, H20man?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 07:23 am
@JTT,
H2O MAN wrote:

Sperm Receptacle, are you saying all of the pain and suffering this world has
experienced since the beginning of time is the fault of GWB and the USA?

JTT wrote:

GWB, yes, ...

Sperm Receptacle, it's your inability to read that got you in trouble here.
I asked the question, you answered yes and now you are walking it back
while trying to blame others for your mistake... you are pathetic.
JTT

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 08:04 am
@H2O MAN,
I'm also concerned about your inability to focus but that is hardly a problem that is limited to you. It badly afflicts virtually all Americans.