Problem teen! Solution: Turf him out?

erzulietara

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
I am happy to say, progress is being made . Clothes are being washed without me having to go to breakdown point. Lately I don't have to say much about the state of his room. He does some tidying up.

This morning I took the rubbish out and didn't have time to put in a fresh bin liner. I came back from work and the bin had a fresh liner and the lid was on. This is not usual. What is usual is if I leave the bin with no liner and the lid off, I come home to a bin with no liner and the lid off.

I guess I'll just have to keep on at him. I feel less despairing that things will change.

And thanks Very Happy
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:00 pm
ahhh the refreshing smell of communication!

Good for you and your son erzulietara Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:06 pm
I know grown men--with college degrees--who would not even notice that the bin liner was missing. They would put the trash in the bin anyway--although this would be breaking their routine of leaving the mess for someone else to deal with.

Believe me, I speak as a wife and a mother and a woman with some savvy in this wicked world. Replacing the bin liner AND the lid is true progress!

Congratulations to you both. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:08 pm
Quote:
There is only one income coming into this house and to ease the financial burden I made him claim social security.

The only way that I am aware of that a 19 year old can receive social security is if he is disabled. Is that the case with your son?
0 Replies

erzulietara

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:54 pm
Social security in the UK I am told is unique and attractive worldwide. Things are changing though. In the past a young person could leave school at sixteen and go straight onto the dole; If you knew how to play the system and had nerves of steel I suppose you could do that till you claimed your social security pension. Not anymore. I think the age for application is eighteen and now you have to prove you are looking for work and you can't be choosy about the work you want to do. If a reasonable job offer comes up, you'd better have a good reason for refusing it. Things are tightening up all the time.
0 Replies