14

Does anyone here use hulu or netflicks instead of cable?

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 04:39 pm
Nope, my husband has the tv on all the time.

No disdain agains folks like me.

More of a disdain for people like the one in the video who are making problems where they are none.

Netflix goes out of business....something will take it's place.

So....seriously, you've got the TV on all day. Even if you were actively paying attentention to it, wouldn't for instance the tons of shows on one of the streaming services be enough?

Right now (I just looked) I got 25 items in my list. Scanning through them quickly, for just the epiodes of the shows from seasons I haven't watched, plus movies, I got a rough estimate of about 130 hours. I'll see other stuff I want to put on my list, but refuse to until I get my list down to 20. Then I'll add 10 or 12 or things.
What in the world would I do with another service?

You can spend your money where you want to. It's yours and I have no judgement.

So wait, you don't have streaming services? Just cable (I don't count the internet)? Is it because of sports or something?

I'm obviously out of the loop, since I haven't had cable so long, but can you watch one of the episodes of your premium channel shows on demand?

We don't watch sports, and we get all our news off the internet.
I pay about $15 a month for 2 screens. That's so when I go to Mexico I can watch while there, and he can watch at home if he doesn't come. Or, when we're both in the US, my friend uses my account on his ipad down there.
He has Sirius XM in his car, and he listens to Pandora in the house, which comes with the netflix, or the blueray player, or something. Can't remember.
So like $30 a month total, plus internet.

None of us can keep up with everything we want to watch.

Can I ask what the cable and premium channels are providing you that's so unique?

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 05:10 pm
@chai2,
I recall my mom had on soap operas on TV during days I was home. She would have these similar conversations with her sisters about the evilds of TV.
So, I wouldnt worry about other peoples viewing habits, Im doing OK and As Seinfeld oncesaid, "Women want to know whats on tv , while men want to know WHAT ELSE is on TV"

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 05:12 pm
@chai2,
we have streaming AND DVD service from Netflix. AS I SAID, Netflix library for streaming is mostly present content and new movies. Their DVD has movies and other things from all over the world.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:15 pm
I'm not worried. I know it's your choice. Just wonder (not worry) the why.