I have been having a Netflix streaming problem this week.

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:05 pm
The past two days, I been having a Netflix streaming problem where I can't connect to the server via the Netflix app on my iPod Touch.

When I called Tech support, they did have a really vague, we are having service problems right now. When I got through to tech support, I didn't get any help there. I told them that I kept getting an error code 1007 which the tech support didn't either recognize or didn't want to say. They told me to reinstall the app.

This may or may not be a coincidence: My internet access is still good but I'm also having problems getting connected to YouTube.

Could the problem be that Time Warner cable has placed a bandwidth choke on our broadband internet and choose to filter out Netflix and YouTube streaming videos?

I did spend the entire weekend watching a marathon of Mythbusters and the BBC sitcom, Peep Show.

Looked it up on Google just right now and not much help. I don't believe it has to do with my device's internal clock not matching up with the Netflix server. That wouldn't stop the YouTube connection.

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Irishk

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:19 pm
If I experience problems with Netflix, I always go to hackingnetflix.com. They're usually on top of all things Netflix.

I just checked the site and looks like you're not the only one who had problems, although I didn't read closely enough to see if it's exactly the same.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
I suspect it has to do with the increased internet traffic resulting from Cyber Monday shopping.

Facebook was extremely slow yesterday and it also took more than one attempt to connect to many sites because of heavy traffic on them.

http://allthingsd.com/20111129/cyber-monday-sales-break-a-new-record-hitting-1-25-billion/
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:49 pm
@Irishk,
Thanks Irishk.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 03:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
I sooo hope you're right Butrflynet. Hope things fix itself by tonight.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 07:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
I use to get Netflex throught my playstation three but I cancelled it because of the streaming problems. It was such a pain, half way through the movie and it would just stop, I finally gave up on it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 08:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
My NetFlix streaming has been fine. But I almost never have issues with it. Don't know why mine works all the time, but it seems to. I have comcast cable as a provider for my internet connection, and I think it's a 25Meg download pipe, but my nominal throughput is 10Mbps down and 4Mbps up.

The following site can show you your nominal connection speed:
http://www.speedtest.net
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 09:15 pm
@rosborne979,
Up until two days ago, I bragged about how stable my Netflix streaming was. I can now sign into the account and it seems streaming is (knock on wood) back to normal. I'll double check again tomorrow morning.

My Internet connection is rock solid and very quick especially since I live on the second floor and the router is on the first. Always get a full strength signal (wirelessly).
rosborne979

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 04:33 am
@tsarstepan,
Wireless is usually not the bottleneck. Try speed test and see what your throughput speed really is (to external sites, not just the router).
0 Replies

Irishk
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 09:03 am
@tsarstepan,
I really think it was a problem on the Netflix end. They were even tweeting their concerns in that same time period. Mine usually gives me no problems, but the few times it does it's always been a glitch on their end.

Do you get those QC emails from them? I mostly try to answer them and on a few occasions they've even followed up by crediting my account a little (if I reported issues) or when I was a DVD subscriber, they even sent bonus discs.

Anyway, glad it's working for you now.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:23 pm
@Irishk,
I usually get those emails for the quality of the streaming video and those emails that ask when I get the DVD's. Since other than this one (hopefully) isolated incident, I often reply to those QC emails with a positive answer that fits the respective email.
0 Replies