Anyone watching the new Hulu Plus, Amazon Original, and/or Netflix original series?

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:28 pm
Has any of you delved into the new webcentric "TV" series from either Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix?

I already watched:
Amazon's ...
1. Onion News Empire, which is kind of funny but I'll wait to I see a couple of episodes before recommending it.
2. Zombieland. This is the comedy to watch. It's a network quality show based on the zombcom movie of the same name.
3. Supa Natural, an animated series slightly off par from what you'd get from Adult Swim. Still worth a look.
4. Betas. A dramedy based on the work of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. Solid acting and worthy characters to follow. It's also a network quality production one should try and catch.

5. Browsers is an absolute stinker. Think Glee but with interns instead of high schoolers. I started getting an aneurism watching the pilot.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=nav_sap_aiv_pilots1?ie=UTF8&docId=1001155581

I'll get around to watching the Bill Murray pilot, Alpha House this week.

I'm looking forward to Netflix's Eli Roth horror series, Hemlock Grove.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,780 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've watched "House of Cards" (Netflix), which is pretty good but not great, and I've seen Hemlock Grove which is absolutely terrible (despite the fact that I usually like this type of stuff).

The best things I've watched recently was the last full season of "Justified".

Before that I also watched "Vampire Diaries" which I thought was pretty good, although not nearly as good as "True Blood".

I wasn't aware the other companies were even producing original material.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 09:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Zombieland is out despite getting more 5 star ratings then all of the 1, 2, 3, and 4 star ratings combined.
Amazon picks five original series to vie with Netflix
You've got company, "Arrested Development." The two comedies and three kids shows will air exclusively on Amazon's site later this year and early next year.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57586600-93/amazon-picks-up-five-original-series-for-production/
rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 03:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Zombieland is out despite getting more 5 star ratings then all of the 1, 2, 3, and 4 star ratings combined.

I loved the movie so much that I was afraid to even watch the series for fear that they would mangle it.

Did you see any of them?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:03 am
@rosborne979,
They only had a pilot episode for each of the proposed series. Zombieland was well made. Of course not as funny as the movie but it was a pilot and as pilots go, you have to have a few episodes under the belt before cast members get their chemistry working.
0 Replies