Just got cornered into a Rainsoft EC4 Water Softener system, did I make a mistake?

billspud

Thu 24 May, 2018 06:41 am
@xcel,
i installed the ec4 system 5 years ago. i have been very pleased with it until about 4 months ago when i noticed "spotting" on my shower doors which had not been present before. i called the local distributor and they came and replaced the washers in the unit. charge was $49.00 plus service call of $99.00. in conversation he said that these should be replaced every 4 to 5 years. well, the spotting continued and i called them back. there was no charge for returning. the guy did not do anything except increase the frequency of regeneration. well, it was so high that i went through much salt and still have "spotting". called him back and testing showed no issues with water. so i asked, "why the spotting then" he said that rain soft recommends changing out the carbon media every 4 to 5 years. well, although i have owned it for 5 years, i am a snowbird here if florida and so the cumulative use as really been a bit over three years. the cost to do the replacement is $350.00 plus a service call of $99.00. am i being played?

URL: https://able2know.org/reply/topic-213826
0 Replies