News Flash! Boomers Did A Horrible Job Raising Kids

hawkeye10

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
but 27 years old is the new 17 right? The smelling the coffee in the morning moment will come late in life for these twits....
0 Replies

firefly

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
civilization is the result of hard work...

It sure is hard work. And it involves instilling a concern for others, a sense of community, and the need for actual political and social involvement in one's children--things which are not likely achieved by being a "narcissistic lazy twit" of a parent--like yourself--who thinks continually bashing "the system", and the younger generation, on an internet forum, is actually doing something to improve society.
hawkeye10

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:16 pm
@firefly,
you have to imagine the solution before you can implement it. Education and conversation is the road that gets there, as you clearly know given all the time you invest into arguing on A2K.

We see here again what a bold faced lair you are when you think that you see profit in it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:28 pm
in this thread we are talking about one of the most important issues of our times.

here are the thread tags:
Politics, Democrat Libtards, Democrat Dumbass, Sloan Is A Rapist, Liberal Hysteria

another A2K fail!
firefly

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
in this thread we are talking about one of the most important issues of our times.

We are?

Or do you just feel that way about any thread you start? Laughing

Not that you're narcissistic...or have an exaggerated sense of your own self importance....

You unjustifiably categorized an entire generation as being "narcissistic lazy twits"--something that is not supported by any research--and you expect to be taken seriously?

H2O MAN

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:41 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Not that you're narcissistic...or have an exaggerated sense of your own self importance....

.... but, Obama is narcissistic...and he and his supporters have an exaggerated sense of self importance....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:47 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
We are?

Or do you just feel that way about any thread you start?

the readiness of youth to take up their duty of sustaining civilization is always an important topic.
firefly

Sat 4 May, 2013 12:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the readiness of youth to take up sustaining civilization is always an important topic.

Oh Lord, now you're predicting the end of civilization, all because of your warped view of the younger generation. Laughing

Chicken Little is alive and well. Laughing

And the whine got stale a long time ago.

H2O Man will likely help you to trash your own thread--he's off to a good start.

RABEL222

Sat 4 May, 2013 01:18 pm
@firefly,
Wouldn't you be thrilled to work for Hawk or water man. The thought sends chills down my back!
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 4 May, 2013 02:13 pm
I love that bullshit about an A2K fail . . . as though this site were in any way obliged to meet Chicken Little's expectations. Oh , the comedy . . .
hawkeye10

Sat 4 May, 2013 03:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I love that bullshit about an A2K fail . . . as though this site were in any way obliged to meet Chicken Little's expectations. Oh , the comedy . . .

Robert said that this is not intended to be a charity operation, thst while it fails at the moment to earn its keep he wants it to. If this is so then he csn not afford to ignore the market for A2K. Consumers matter. Content providers matter.
Setanta

Sat 4 May, 2013 03:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're addicted to manufactured melodrama. You go from completely bullshit, unsubstantiated claims about the worth of young people today, to a wild, unsubstantiated claim about the fiscal viability of the site. No one has any reason to assume that you have any special knowledge of either.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 4 May, 2013 03:07 pm
As far as "content providers" go, as long as you're here, there will never be a lack of unconscious, unintentional low comedy.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sun 5 May, 2013 05:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
We are?

Or do you just feel that way about any thread you start?

the readiness of youth to take up their duty of sustaining civilization is always an important topic.

I can only talk for my neck-of-the-woods, but it is said by many a person that those that go to parochial school more often do not think that a happy adulthood will just fall into their laps. In effect, one must have goals, and pursue those goals with determined effort, even though all work and no play made Jack a dull boy, so to speak. So, there seems to be two segments of societal youth - parochial (private) school, and public education. Not that public education doesn't produce achievers; however, the statistics seem to show an advantage for parochial (private) educated students, I believe, at least where I am.

In my opinion, civilization will not be sustained by those that work in a restaurant, even though a good restaurant is a service to the community.

I believe that civilization will be sustained, and ADVANCED, by those that go beyond the bachelor's degree and dedicate a life to some facet of society.

But, if you consider a restaurant a keystone to civilization, who knew?
hawkeye10

Sun 5 May, 2013 05:40 pm
@Foofie,
You would of course also say that sitting on the front porch sipping lemonade and conversing with friends is not productive time. You are an idiot.
Foofie

Sun 5 May, 2013 06:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

You would of course also say that sitting on the front porch sipping lemonade and conversing with friends is not productive time. You are an idiot.

I assume your constructive criticism above is just part of your largesse.

However, I am not sure what your point is about "constructive time"? I am not concerned about whether anyone is using their time constructively.

I still do believe that youth today, and for decades in the past, reflected two fairly different demographics, those in private school and those in public school. Where I am, the parochial school system constitutes the largest private school system, and their students tend to be the youth that pursue goals after graduation. It might correlate with the goals of the parents, or the belief that parochial schools are better at teaching the 3-R's? Regardless, I do not generalize about the youth of today, since some of them are goal oriented, willing to work hard for goals, and might just be very realistic in a society that has seen many union jobs go the way of the dodo bird.

And, it has been my observation that many an entrepreneur needed to be an entrepreneur, since they would not fit in well into an organization where one had to have a hierarchal table-of-organization, with everyone having a boss, and needing to "fit" into a team, where one took orders. Based on my experience, I value the ability to work in an organization, where one takes orders from bosses, and understands the concept of being a subordinate. Perhaps, my military experience taught me that. Anyway, that quality to fit into an organization may be the keystone to maintaining civilization, not the ability to be an entrepreneur and not have a boss. Or, rather be "the" boss oneself?

0 Replies

IRFRANK

Mon 6 May, 2013 07:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
The last guy I heard that from was complaining he couldn't get good engineers. He thought it was the way he interviewed. When it was pointed out to him that it was his management 'style' of demeaning people he wasn't happy and of course denied that. I'm not saying that is true for you, but your percentages are low.
IRFRANK

Mon 6 May, 2013 07:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're a great boss and your success rate is 20 percent? I don't know the restaurant industry so maybe that is normal. I'm sure the turnover is high.
hawkeye10

Mon 6 May, 2013 07:59 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

You're a great boss and your success rate is 20 percent? I don't know the restaurant industry so maybe that is normal. I'm sure the turnover is high.

The quality people who are with me think that I am great..those whom I kicked out might thing differently. Besides success and failure of my work are judged by the bottom line not the labor turn over rate. I am in business to make money full stop.
hawkeye10

Mon 6 May, 2013 08:07 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

The last guy I heard that from was complaining he couldn't get good engineers. He thought it was the way he interviewed. When it was pointed out to him that it was his management 'style' of demeaning people he wasn't happy and of course denied that. I'm not saying that is true for you, but your percentages are low.

The percentages would be a lot different had I been smart enough to hire only smart 20-24 year olds who cant get to college and who have never been offered much opportunity.
0 Replies