In the GRAND scheme of things, what matters?

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:29 pm
@Germlat,
fresh peach sauce on sponge cake with whup cream. That matters.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:23 pm
@sunyata,
Because nothing exists but what we refer to as now ?
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 02:24 pm
@farmerman,
Kinda yummy!
0 Replies

LuxSpiritus

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 07:52 pm
I've always thought that the Grand Scheme is unrecognizable to us. At least at the current matters. It would go along in tiers. First. People need to trust and be open minded to ideas that would seem inexplicable. The complete population if united. Would be able to solve the worlds problems at much more rapidly. Creative ideas would flourish. What matters is finding meaning. Why are we are? What is our purpose? It's wondering so that matters. The imagination is endless. It's what you do with it in which you retain your purpose. Society shuns imagination that does not produce gain. We think our problems can be fixed through force and perseverance. Slowly throughout life many people lose their meaning. They forget what matters. Society suppresses imagination. We will never know if we don't try. The General consensuses worship things that they think matters. But in the grand scheme it is worthless. I believe the grand-scheme is to find out why we we're here. But many are distracted by the false objects, and they lose the sense of Imagination. There must be some reason, some purpose to why we split from our primal nature. Animals go by instinct but when domesticated they develop completely different values. We can never find true meaning because it always changes. There is no general matter? We get told what matters. and we decide what. I think something does matter. It will just be impossible to convene everyone to pursue this matter. The grand scheme is there we are just too blind and distracted to find it
kiuku

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:12 pm
@LuxSpiritus,
apparently there is a Hell. Nothing else matters.

I'm not taking any chances that these people with their evil spirit energies, basically their thoughts, are going to drag me down even in the grave.

Not even interested men and women.

I'm basically going to be swimming to Chile soon; how bad it is.

I have my bathing suit on; that' s all I'm saying.

Otherwise I could be writing about "a good friend" and why they matter. Where'd that essay go?

Well I think I figured out the leery ending of Johannas Faustus, with my bathing suit on. Where'd he go?
LuxSpiritus

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:23 pm
@kiuku,
As of now. What matters is set by the standards set by society. Because we believe we can do nothing about it. In the "Grand Scheme", the motive is to find out why nothing matters. Everything we believe is spoon fed to us by others, and how honest it is, is unknown because it was the same thing given to them. Religion, Perseverance, Currency. All false hopes of finding purpose or a reason to avoid finding it. Basically we should believe everything is a lie, and nothing does matter. When nothing matters. It will begin to become apparent. That what matters is finding why nothing matters.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:42 pm
@LuxSpiritus,
I disagree totally. We can only find value in life by doing what matters to ourselves, family and friends. We already live in a society that's been established by others over thousands of years. It matters whether one is born in a free country or not.
Those of us born in developed countries are the lucky ones. Making every effort to be successful in a career that provides job satisfaction and enough money to live comfortably is achievable for a small percentage of the world population.
One must also take care of ourselves to live healthy lives - mentally and physically; to eat a balanced diet, exercise, remain active, and maintaining healthy habits.
This world is a fascinating place to get to visit and know.

LuxSpiritus

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It shouldn't be like this. There is no equal opportunity. Anywhere really. You're Neighbor, You're best friend(Maybe from high school). Their house might be foreclosing. Lost their job. And they don't have the sustainability to keep them and their family afloat. It doesn't matter to you. Cause in your mind in mentality. All that matters is you and your security. We lost the meaning of being a "Species". We objectify each other. And value possession, and currency, and our own safety. In a perfect world you have no worries. Unity of mankind. Or a new economic system. Instead of currency everyone plays a part in society and supplies goods. All available to the public. With strict purchase limits. To the status of one's life. Kind of like the same way how taxes are done based on income, children, if you own a home. The Hive mind is the most important mentality that we have abandoned in our history. The government knows this. We are becoming overpopulated slowly but substantially. More and more people commit crimes because they didn't receive equal opportunity to live a secure life. It shouldn't be about where you live. The public values money more than another human. We all support each other if given the opportunity to do so. But the values of self assurance remove the possibility of a general market. Where everyone has a task in society. Instead of some get the possibility to do so. Everyday is a repeat of the day before. that's why nothing matters. Everything you have is meaning less. It supports your survival, but takes away someone else's. Then you become more important. Money is power. and power is control. This is why society is so awful. Financial power is nothing. Cause we all die anyway. It's just when you get to enjoy parting from our horrible reality.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:35 pm
@LuxSpiritus,
Wrong. What I failed to mention was the fact that people in some poor countries are happier and healthier than people in developed or rich countries.
Guatemala is one of those; 56% live in poverty.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:07 pm
Good night; it's time to floss, both in my (little) and the Cosmos' (grand) scheme of things.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:46 pm
@LuxSpiritus,
Wrong. What I failed to mention was the fact that people in some poor countries are happier and healthier than people in developed or rich countries.
Guatemala is one of those; 56% live in poverty. Cuba is a poor country, but they are an over-skilled people with good education. The majority live on $20 a month, but most people are happy; you can see it in their friendliness and smiles.

I once heard that the poorest in our country live better than 68% of the world. That's a pretty daunting accomplishment.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 06:31 pm
In the GRAND scheme of things you absolutely need dry socks. And if you bring a towel you are well prepared.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I once heard that the poorest in our country live better than 68% of the world. That's a pretty daunting accomplishment.

Not from where I am sitting. Being poor here is a crime, and so if you are poor you are given money so that you're not poor anymore. There is an entire system for it. It is the most complex and confusing bureaucracy in the world, it's functionaries the very most accomplished in incompetence. In general it is easier to just go out and get a job.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 06:50 pm
@Cyracuz,
I have to disagree. Our tax rates are too low, and our government wastes money on defense and payment on the debt. I prefer seeing money spent helping our citizens improve their living standard, education, infrastructure, and extension of the unemployment benefits.

The countries with the highest tax rates are the happiest on this planet. They're not communistic countries; they're 100% capitalistic. The Nordic countries have proven that a 100% capitalistic country can also be a large state. Their longevity and happiness are the best measurements.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 08:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Perhaps, Cyracruz, if there are jobs to get. But on the whole I agree with C.I., even though he and I do not have your sustained experience with beaucratic systems. I think your country has grounds for happiness; it has security and the means to live the life of artists and take other creative paths without starving.
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 10:08 am
@JLNobody,
Yes, this is true. I was halfway joking about the complexity of the system and the incompetence of the functionaries. There are incidents, but on the whole it works.

Quote:
I think your country has grounds for happiness; it has security and the means to live the life of artists and take other creative paths without starving.

This is true. It seems to me that providing this safety and security for people is the most important function of a government. It's expensive though. Most people who earn what is considered a normal year's wage pay between 40 and 50% tax. Then there is an added 25% tax on anything you buy. If you buy gasoline, alcohol or tobacco the taxes more than double the price.
There is tax and charge on everything, so that the larger part of the average monthly paycheck goes to the government. It would be outrageous if it didn't go back to the people in the form of health care and social welfare.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 12:37 pm
Quote:
Komr98 said: In the grand (I'm talking GRAND grand) scheme of things, what matters? Do I matter? Do you? Does Earth?

Check it-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/dna-god.jpg

Jesus said-"the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matt 10:30)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/pyle-hair_zpsd874a214.jpg~original
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 12:54 pm
@komr98,
First of all the universe is imagined, by its concious creator. Yes I know we all matter because if we didn't matter we wouldn't have knowledge or hope. Knowledge equals reason.
kiuku

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:49 pm
@MWal,
I am reasonable then.
0 Replies

MadiMoor

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 02:40 pm
Hi
I'm trying to write about groups that typically get a bad rep in mainstream culture (like the KKK and other white supremacy groups) and was wondering if you'd be willing to chat? I know it's kinda a strange request, but it's nothing super negative or anti-KKK--Just want to get some different opinions and viewpoints. If you'd be willing to chat for a tiny bit that'd be awesome. I'm just looking for more diverse opinions than what is commonly presented.
Best,
Madi