Is it TRUE That Filipino Culture Encourages Women to be SLUTS?

Wed 1 May, 2013 06:45 pm
I heard this the other day for the first time.....a little shocking this idea is BUT I know that a lot of ex military say that the best sex they ever had was with a prostitute in the Philippines so it has the ring of truth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,869 • Replies: 49
Topic Closed

Ragman

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Is it true that was the best sex they ever had? Your guess is as good as mine.

If they were experts on getting sex from hookers, and they went to Filipina hookers, then that would make them far more expert on hookers than most people.

However, I find it particularly odd that any part of what you heard would make you think that it has the ring of any sort of truth?

The people that passed this sort of opinions on to you were military who had most likely a lot of spending money...tossed it around while alcohol impaired. Just what sort of women would these men be running into? They sure as hell weren't seeing a fair cross-section of Philippine's finest citizens, would you think?

As a man who was brought up in North America, I'm not only not an expert on that subject, I think anyone who thought Philippines culture encouraged their women and girls to be sluts to be pretty biased and cotton headed.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:27 pm
Considering that these were young men at the time of the closing of Clark AFB and the Subic Bay complex, it could be a case of old men remembering their first experience.

It's also possible that young and relatively rich young men was the responsible cultural influence.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 1 May, 2013 09:04 pm
I went to the Filippines in 1964. Sailors were sternly warned to stay on the main drag, which is the strip where clubs and prostitutes abound, at least then. We were told that it was likely we could get our throats cut anywhere else. I went with a friend into a club and we bought a couple of girls drinks. They propositioned us, but we declined, because my friend wanted to go someplace else. He ended going off with a hooker and I re-entered the club. The same girl I had previously met made a beeline to me and we did the Twist. When I figured my friend was about finished, I got up from the table we had taken and as I began to leave, she asked me to go home with her. When I declined, she said, "I don't going to charge you." I had heard enough about leaving the main drag to be fearful and instead went outside to find my friend. He told me he was in the act of receiving oral sex when he discovered that the prostitute was a "benny boy." He said, "It was too late then. I let him finish." I ended up not going to bed with anyone in the Philippines. But, as I see it, the slice of life we got to see was way too limited to gain a proper perspective on the women in that country.
roger

Wed 1 May, 2013 09:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Right.

I like your sig line, by the way.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 1 May, 2013 10:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's an old soldier's story about "having the best sex at xxxx." I even heard jokes about Asian women's vagina was horizontal. Them were the "good ole days" when young men with a few sheckels 2 Cents in their pockets drank and had their share of girls, and told their storie with flourish! Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
hawkeye10

Wed 1 May, 2013 10:42 pm
are there no Filipino culture experts here?

I have known a couple of Filipino chicks but all I ever got was lots of great Lumpia.....
cicerone imposter

Wed 1 May, 2013 10:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, Filipinos are the same as all other cultures; they have good and bad people, they want their children to live better lives, some live with a good standard of living while others live in poverty.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:18 am
@cicerone imposter,

That is the same horseshit that the feminists spread around, this "we are all the same inter changable gogs and so any speach that contradicts this mantra is offensive".....but I have been around the block more than once, I fully realize when someone is pissing in my ear.
roger

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:30 am
@hawkeye10,
But, have you rejected the alternative possibilities we've suggested. If so, why?
hawkeye10

Thu 2 May, 2013 02:08 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

But, have you rejected the alternative possibilities we've suggested. If so, why?

"some americans might not understand" is not an answer to the question of what is the culture about...the american GI testimonial to Filipino slutdom was never more than good cause to pursue the question.
roger

Thu 2 May, 2013 02:54 am
@hawkeye10,
Okay. I didn't quite follow that, but okay.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 2 May, 2013 03:09 am
How is this in any way a discussion of Filipino culture? I don't see a shred of evidence about their culture, and like the others here, all i see is tawdry anecdotal evidence from American GIs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 2 May, 2013 03:13 am
Here, let's actually read about Filipino culture. With about 80% of the population being Catholics, the thesis here is suspect, to say the least. Unfortunately, the article doesn't tell us how many Filipinas might want to f*ck Whackeye.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:21 am
This is sickening.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:27 am
@hawkeye10,
You just don't understand what happened during and right after WWII. Many in Europe - and even in Japan, the women became sluts to get food and shelter.

Your myopia only makes you look foolish, because you attack one culture with your ignorance.

Oh, and BTW, Nevada has whorehouses; legally.
hawkeye10

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your myopia only makes you look foolish, because you attack one culture with your ignorance.

i encourage and fully approve of sluttish behavior, only I did not think that Filipino culture did. now I am trying to find out if I was wrong.

a 10 minute GooGle search did not answer the question, nor has A2K.
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:41 am
@hawkeye10,
CLUE: They all do it.

Let me add one more tidbit. In the far east, especially in countries like Thailand, you can find prostitutes all over the place. Some years ago when I was in Bangkok walking alone, men used to walk up to me and ask "do you want a girl?" That has not changed as far as I know, because I have a friend who goes to Thailand often for his physical exam, and he tells me most have moved to bars and discos.

I found this on Wiki.
Quote:
Prostitution in Thailand
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, although in practice it is tolerated and partly regulated. Prostitution is practised openly throughout the country.[1][2] Local officials with commercial interests in prostitution often protect the practice. The precise number of prostitutes is difficult to assess; estimates vary widely and are subject to national and international controversy.[3] Since the Vietnam War, Thailand has gained international notoriety among travellers from many countries as a sex tourism destination.[4] Sex with a prostitute under the age of 18 is prohibited.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 3 May, 2013 01:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Sounds as though we have proved that soldiers are sluts, so far.
hawkeye10

Fri 3 May, 2013 02:48 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Sounds as though we have proved that soldiers are sluts, so far.

The A2K brain trust has not answered the question, certainly.
0 Replies