Is it TRUE That Filipino Culture Encourages Women to be SLUTS?

Setanta

Fri 3 May, 2013 04:03 am
The "question" is bullshit. You said "i heard," which is no kind of evidence at all. You're just up to your typical puerile tricks--in this case, identifying a "problem" where there is no evidence that any problem exists.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 May, 2013 09:42 am
@Setanta,
True! If hawk really wanted to study a culture that has an abundance of sex trade, he should look into Bangkok. It's common knowledge in the far east, and many European countries; men travel there for the sex - not sightseeing.

hawkeye10

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:27 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The "question" is bullshit. You said "i heard," which is no kind of evidence at all. You're just up to your typical puerile tricks--in this case, identifying a "problem" where there is no evidence that any problem exists.

i have made no mention of any alleged problem. you sir are not paying attention.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:37 am
@hawkeye10,
Bullshit! The title of your thread is,
Quote:
Is it TRUE That Filipino Culture Encourages Women to be SLUTS?

Your use of "culture and Filipino" identifies a culture and people, and asks if it's true that "the culture encourages women to be sluts."

If you don't know what you're asking, don't ask. The implication is obvious; you're attacking one culture without any knowledge about the subject of "sex."
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh, i'm paying attention. You're just being dishonest, as you usually are.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:57 am
You are all talking as if it is a bad thing for a woman to be a slut. I don't feel this way at all. I have no problem with having sex with any reasonably attractive woman who offers, particularly if she is buying the drinks.

What is bad about being a slut (as either a man or a woman)?

cicerone imposter

Fri 3 May, 2013 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
I can agree to the point with one proviso; that economics plays a big part in how and why women become sluts. It's a human condition - after all!
maxdancona

Fri 3 May, 2013 12:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How do you mean?

There are plenty of women around where I live who make more money than I do. None of them has ever offered me money for sex.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 May, 2013 12:12 pm
@maxdancona,
You must be ugly at heart. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 3 May, 2013 12:13 pm
A slut is a slovenly or promiscuous woman--look it up. You don't need to act as though it were a harmless way to describe women.
maxdancona

Fri 3 May, 2013 12:20 pm
@Setanta,
My suggestion is that "promiscuous" shouldn't be a stigma for a woman any more than it is for a man. The problem with the word "slut" isn't the implication that women have sex. The problem is the implication that women shouldn't have sex.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 May, 2013 12:26 pm
@maxdancona,
It takes two to tangle.
maxdancona

Sat 4 May, 2013 09:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
1. The phrase is "it takes to to tango".

2. In this case, it doesn't.
cicerone imposter

Sat 4 May, 2013 10:17 pm
@maxdancona,
Not "to" but 2! LOL Even if one is "inactive."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 7 May, 2013 10:19 pm
@maxdancona,
How enlightened of you.

Too bad billions of women don't agree.

The "problem" focused upon in this thread has absolutely nothing to do with an implication or inference that women should have sex.

Nor does it have anything to do with whether or not women should enjoy sex.

But hey, maybe you can refer us to proof about 13 Christian women in Somalia.
maxdancona

Tue 7 May, 2013 11:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What are you talking about Finn?

Billions of women don't agree with what?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 8 May, 2013 08:10 pm
@maxdancona,
That the designation of "slut" is no big deal.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 8 May, 2013 08:20 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Freakonomics-Economist-Explores-Hidden-Everything/dp/0060731338

Quote:
Religion is the study of how things ought to be; economics is the study of how things ARE (how stuff works in the real world.

Want to know why some overly large percentage of the desirable women in Thailand are whores? Think that would happen if Thailand had any sort of an economy and those women had rational alternatives??

Next question: Consider what Bork Obunga has done to the US economy in 4.5 years and what where we're going to be if he actually finishes a second term. You don't think guys from Borneo, Haiti, and Cameroon are going to be coming here for cheap sex??

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 8 May, 2013 08:22 pm
@gungasnake,
And yet Paul Krugman is an economist who spouts endlessly on how things ought to be.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 8 May, 2013 08:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wow, defend the Phillipinos by slandering the Thais.