Two negative pg tests and menstrual bleeding

KateM

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:39 pm
Ok. Here is my question. This is extremely embarrassing for me so please go easy. In November my husband cheated on me. It was a one time encounter with a stripper that turned tricks. The bachelor party that went bad. Anyway apparently this woman got ahold of my husband a week or two after the encounter saying she was preggo. She told him that she needed $80 for a morning after pill. He panicked and gave her the money. She later got ahold of him saying she "took it wrong" and that it didn't work and she needed money for an abortion. She continues to "shake him down" for money up to January 6 when I found out everything. Based on what I had been told by them both, I have her the money for the procedure. The condition was that she had to show me proof of completion. Long story short, she kept coming up with excuses as to why she couldn't keep her appt at the clinic. Then she told me it was "taken care of" because her ex had found out and beat her and she was bleeding (she even sent me pics of bloody toilet paper....way to keep it classy, right?) Anyway, things didn't sound right to me. I spoke with my husband and found out that she had never given him proof that she was preggo. He just panicked and took her at her word. So I made her meet me to take a pregnancy test. When we met she "messed up" the first one. Not realizing that I had purchased a box of 3 she thought she was leaving. Nope. I made her drink a glass of water and sit for 40 minutes until she could pee again. When she took the second test, she peed on the stick and handed it to me. There was noticeable blood (menstrual) in the toilet. I told her that did not look like "spotting" to me. She said that was "the most she bled that day". The test was negative. I asked her how she had thought she was preggo before and she said she had taken a dollar store test before and saw a faint line and had been "so sick" but it had stopped a few weeks prior. That was on January 15. I have her the other test to take first thing the next morning, January 16. Negative again. Since that last test she has not tried to contact me or my husband again.
So here's my question: Do you think that she could potentially be pregnant? I'm working things out with my husband but my biggest fear is that she's going to show up in 6 months with a kid! If that happens I won't stay. Things have (oddly enough) improved between my husband and I since all of this played out. The whole rock bottom thing I guess. I just need collaborative opinions about what could potentially be going on. My friends all say it was a scam and my education (as a nurse) tells me if she was having a miscarriage from being beaten she still would have registered hcg on early result tests. My brain has been so fried by this whole ordeal and I need some solid info. I've even attempted to call her but her number is now disconnected. Answers please!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,180 • Replies: 5
No top replies

WendyLou

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:57 pm
@KateM,
OK, here's my take on it and I won't be judgmental if I can help it OK? Have you been tested for STDs or aids, that's a first up and if I were you, I certainly would. I'd also get hubby to get a test as well. Wait to make sure you are both clear. As far as the one night stand hopefully your husband will learn from this because he's certainly been led around the garden path by this so called stripper. Here's the judgemental part: Scenario 1. If we believe the stripper, I ask in her line of work why she did not use protection, i.e. the pill and also ask that the guy/guys use a condom. She did not, therefore in my view your husband has been scammed in a big way. Legally she does not have a leg to stand on because your husband has done everything he could. Sadly by going and giving her money it could be viewed as an "admission" on your husband's part, but what he could say in his defence if this became nasty is that he had no evidence of her being pregant. There is no way a child can turn up later on if the pregnancy test was negative (as you have said in your question). Advice: Make diary notes of the dates, what your husband did in response and what you found out when you took the pregnancy test to her. You and your husband have no liability whatsoever and in any case, as far as he is concerned he has back up evidence of the date of the bucks night. He's in the clear and so are you.
But, he'd be getting a huge knuckle rap from me for being so stupid. Glad to hear it has helped your marriage. Good luck. WendyLou
KateM

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 05:06 pm
@WendyLou,
Thank you. I have everything well documented including pics of negative pregnancy tests that were sent from her phone. As for the std testing, that was the first thing I did and he as well. We just had follow up tests this month. He had a vasectomy and a full screen at that time too. I just need to know that this person can't come into our lives later. That was a hell of a mind****!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 05:11 pm
Jesus! Stop giving this girl money!!!! If she shows up in six months with a kid then demand that she get and pay for a paternity test. Your spouse, (do you really want this man to be your husband?) will of course volunteer a specimen for testing. If the testing determines that he is the father then he's got 18 years of child support ahead of him. My guess is that you're being played as a patsy for whatever $$$ you're willing to pay.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 05:18 pm
@WendyLou,
WendyLou wrote:

OK, here's my take on it ... Legally she does not have a leg to stand on because your husband has done everything he could. Sadly by going and giving her money it could be viewed as an "admission" on your husband's part, but what he could say in his defence if this became nasty is that he had no evidence of her being pregant. ...

Let's not speculate on the legalities, okay? His intentions don't mean squat here.

Fact - if a child is born, a DNA test will reveal all. If your husband is the father, then he'll have to face up to that. If not, then he won't. Is it likely that she's pregnant? Nope. But regardless of whatever the husband did, he will still be on the hook for support if it is found that this (possible, but unlikely) child is his.

Do you have to wait 6 months for the other shoe to possibly drop? Unfortunately, yes, but I am sure that this gal is not pregnant, and this was a scam from Day One.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 05:24 pm
Why would a nurse believe that a woman could use a "morning after" pill - eight days after intercourse?

She needs to go back to nursing school. The morning after pill is not an abortive device. But she should have known that.
0 Replies