Is this racism?

McPero

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 06:52 am
One guy said to me that i am retarded esteren european kid. Is this racism?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,578 • Replies: 9

jespah

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
@McPero,
It's nasty and uncalled for, is what it is.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:06 am
@McPero,
I doubt the insult based on race. If you Google "esteran," the only thing that pops up is a fictional RPG video game.

Is it meant to be hurtful? Likely. Is it a poor attempt at an insult? As insults go? It's really lazy.

What's the context of the situation where the person said this insult to you? Do you have any Goth culture sensibilities to you and your appearance? That might be what he's aiming his insult at.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:15 am
@McPero,
No, it's just rudeness. What could be considered racial about it?
0 Replies

McPero

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:28 am
@McPero,
He said like this, when i offered him duel in some game:
Not gonna duel some retarded eastern european kid cause he thinks hes
the ****
I think it was racist and i feel like ti was racism. Esteren european is for me like you would say South American kid (south of USA not as continent).
Tnx for replays.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:53 am
@McPero,
Is it bias, cultural bias ... prejudice, yes! Is it a racial insult, not quite so clear but ... probably no!

Feel free to look up what is generally considered to be the categorization for races. I'll help you out there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_classification)
0 Replies

ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 08:59 am
@McPero,
While being a "esteren" (is that a typo or just me not knowing, either way is fine) European kid is a fact, thus not a insult, retard is often used as a insult.

So I dont find it to be a racist comment, but rather a juvenile insult.

I mean if I walk up to a white dude and tell him "You white man!", its hardly racist, unless I mean that being white is a insult... Which would be hypocrisy lol...

Now if I walk up to Obama and say: YOU BLACK MAN! I guess the FBI would make me go poof and end up in a dumpster somewhere in Nevada.

Conclusion: If he put emphasis on esteren European man, then it may indeed have been meant to be a insult towards your race, which is racism... Now, if that person had the same skin color as you and happens to live in the same country... He would just be insulting himself so no.

I once hanged around with two black friends, one was nice the other turned out to be a asshole that badmouthed me whenever I was gone, when I confronted him he kept calling me "stoopid white boiiii!", With high emphasis on "white boy", yes that was racist no doubt.

Now if you think it was racist (after all you know how he said it), then hell yes its racist.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 09:12 am
@ShadowKnight,
If I walked up to someone and said, "You ... you ... you ... Canadian!", yes, it would be an insult, but not racism, because Canadianism, while a disease, is not a race.

Of course I could be wrong.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 09:30 am
@Ticomaya,
What would have happened if they were in a race...say a 10K distance? Isn't that racial?
ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:08 am
@Ragman,
Well if it was in a race to save their race, blacks vs whites latino`s vs Asians and stuff, then I am sure that it would be racist to win, as all the other races that lost the race would be razed away because of the race racial rules.

Now that was a racial comment... Racist maybe even, but I stick to racial, it needs even more race races to become racist.
0 Replies