GF won't talk to me

jrice94

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 08:24 pm
Yesterday, she( a very beautiful, loving, and sweet girl) and I( both 18) went to the mall and headed to Victoria Secret. I don’t know why I had to be there and I wish I hadn’t. We were there buying her a swimsuit. She tried on a few and I had a good time thinking of reactions( dropping my jaw and “ picking it up off the floor” marriage proposals, asking her to walk out of the store wearing it) I hate using words like “ sexy” and “hot” so I said she looked gorgeous,pretty, and beautiful anyway she comes out in a white one and I tried to be cute and said “ If you threw on a white coat you’d be prettier than Kate Upton on that SI cover”. This offended her deeply and I still don’t see it as a huge problem. If you break down what I said I basically said that she is prettier than the most popular swimsuit model in the world, who some consider the most beautiful girl in the world. Was this really that bad? I’ve apologized many times since then. If you think about it: If I were to compare a high school bball player to MJ, he would take it as a compliment. It could’ve been worse, I could’ve said she looked homely and cadaverous like Taylor Swift.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 820 • Replies: 8
No top replies

nalexnapier

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 09:39 pm
@jrice94,
Think about what you said bro... You said "IF" and "Prettier". n=Never say that to a girl man. Your woman should be the prettiest woman in the world to you. Thats all. No one she be prettier than her ever, and she def should not have to put on something to be prettier than anyone my man. Think before you speak sir.
roger

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 09:41 pm
@nalexnapier,
I agree.
0 Replies

jrice94

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 10:19 pm
@nalexnapier,
You're right, but I guess, somehow, I thought at the time, I was making a joke, and obviously not a good one. I just want her to talk to me again. I do think she is the prettiest girl in the world
roger

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 10:23 pm
@jrice94,
I understand your intent, but some jokes need to be carefully tailored to the audiance.

Stand in front of a mirror and practice answering the question "Do these jeans make me look fat?" Also, mentally go through the Miranda warning, especially the part about "can and will be used against you".
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 07:16 am
Nope - she's pissed that you paid attention to a model in a magazine showing women we can never compete with.

Imagine she made you a cookie and you said:
"This tastes better than the best cookie in the world made by a girl who is a beautiful model in a magazine that I gaze at all the time when you aren't around."

0 Replies

Needtoknow110

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 02:59 pm
@jrice94,
Yeah bro you messed up never compare your woman to another make her feel like she's the only one that's pretty gorgeous beautiful but don't be a pushover either another suggestion is avoid going shopping with her period then you wont have to give opinions and get fucked for them
0 Replies

specultr

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 06:56 pm
@jrice94,
Putting down your girlfriend or anyone else is not humor.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 07:52 pm
i disagree....most likely what pissed her off is that it sounds like you are saying that covering up would make her look better, when the right answer is that uncovering makes her look better.
0 Replies