AIDS DISCRIMINATES

RealityChecker

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 03:20 am
"Although it would be more amusing if he actually attempted to explain how AID's *does* discriminate, as this is impossible,.."

".....so AIDs discriminates based on the method of sexual intercourse - most notably, anal - not on sexual orientation, moron."

gee readers, what do you think of IronLionZions two above statements?! Do you agree with him that he hasn't contradicted himself?! lol.....

Like the ad hominem he uses to attack the messenger?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:14 am
Of course, the best way to contact AIDS is to be an IV Drug abuser, but our Fundamentalist friend is trying to ignore this.......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:39 am
Just who are you addressing as "readers" here, RealityChecker? In case you didn't notice, this is an internet forum, not a soapbox. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:49 am
The author of this thread is clearly influenced by a profound degree of homophobia -- period.

It's interesting to me to see that 23 year years into the HIV/AIDS pandemic, there are still people living under their rocks who think HIV/AIDS is a 'gay' disease.

Tell that to the 19 million orphaned children in Africa who've lost both parents to the disease.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:51 am
Oh, just before RC pipes in Titus, you just used the "what about Africa" tactic common to homo terrorist organizations. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:03 am
IronLionZion wrote:
The Phrygian sage Epicetus said that everything has two handles: one by which it can be carried, and one by which it cannot. There is, however, a third handle, but it can only be reached by those who know they have a third hand to reach with. And no, Reality Checker, that's not a third hand you have there; It's desperation, and resignation at the fact that you will live with your bathrobed mother for the rest of her (short) life, and thereafter forevermore.

Toodles.

Is this a quote? you used this on me in a different thread.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:07 am
cavfancier:

Well, I'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong with it, just committed to dealing with facts and treating all people fairly.

Especially the people who the Bush loyalists want to victimize twice: once for being gay and twice for having HIV.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:09 am
Titus, I was only referring to a point in one of RC's posted 'agendas' that he has used several times against other posters. I'm with you on the issues.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:59 am
cavfancier:

I realize that.

You know, I think I recognize RC from another forum I spent a couple of years posting to.

The subjects, grammar, and syntax are too similar for it to be an accident. He's obsessed with the topic of HIV/AIDS, and is vehemently homophobic.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:15 am
McGentrix wrote:
Is this a quote? you used this on me in a different thread.

It sure is - of myself. Cut-and-paste, my friend. I just couldn't resist, as the description was so accurate. Also, I think it was 3:00 am or so. Too late for me to constuct such an elaborate jab.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:17 am
Titus wrote:

You know, I think I recognize RC from another forum I spent a couple of years posting to.

The subjects, grammar, and syntax are too similar for it to be an accident. He's obsessed with the topic of HIV/AIDS, and is vehemently homophobic.

Unfortunately that only narrows it down to a couple million net denizens.....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:03 pm
Aids does discriminate, apparently. According to new data, Uncircumcised men who engage in risky sex are 6 times more likely to get HIV than their cut brethren.

http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=34550&cat=Health

By the by...Aids is not only a pandemic in Africa. It has very high rates of transmission in Eastern Europe, India, Asia..............
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:55 pm
(post removed because Russia is largely located in Eastern Europe.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:17 pm
bm
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
You're a little late for the festivities, dlowan.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:38 pm
why are seroprevalence rates not equal between male and female homosexuals?
Quote:

Gee. Men are pigs. Woman bond. You'd think even a straight guy would understand that.

Reality, if you knew how many married men swing with other men, you would be appalled, I am sure. The spin spinning madly in your post is oddly reminiscent, somehow, because it contains a really child-like disdain that can't be hidden no matter how intellectual you attempt to make it.

Diseases and viruses do indeed discriminate, but not out of some righteous indignation against those they attack. Quite the contrary, disease and viruses seek out favorable conditions as much as possible, based on the natural elements at work that they can reach.

The type of discrimination you suggest here is stemming more from the carrier of the disease, not the disease itself. AIDS is like herpes and gonnorhea and all the rest, it will latch on to any warm body, so the bodies getting warm with each other are the ones spreading the problem farther afield.

You might as well condemn gays as all sluts and that is why so many of them are dying from AIDS.

But this doesn't explain the bisexuals. Most of these are straight men.
This doesn't explain why the blood banks initially refused to clean up their blood supplies, and thus spreading AIDS through healthcare...It doesn't explain how Africa isn't a global emergency when it should be. And it doesn't explain why getting the regiment costs over $7000 a year.

AIDS is a laissez-faire disease, because of the faulty assumptions about it, and the death toll will ultimately be enormous because we sit back and do nothing. Telling people to stop having sex is ridiculous. Expecting that they will is even more ridiculous.

Compassion for the cancer victim, but suspicions over the AIDS victims.
Just another sign of our civilization in a continuing state of decline. It's almost as if we have become afraid of rising to challenges, and fighting to remain free.

By helping the world we help ourselves.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:57 pm
I also recognize RC, from Abuzz.com in my case. The old testament evidence crowd has always been a cross between comedy and horror for me. To those of you unaware of this guy, you will never win an argument with you because he will circular logic you to the bitter end. And if you think to enlighten him, just forget it. Save yourself the time and trouble.

Homosexual AIDS extremists is so him it isn't even funny.

Again, the most simple realities about the modern world escape him. Anal sex is not something only men do. Men want women to do it, and women want to do it to, imagine that. And for every gay level, from sissy to dungeon you can come up with, there is an equally prolific and corresponding heterosexual version of it, layer by layer.

Here's another little scientific diddy fer ya, RC. The capillaries in your throat are easily broken by an engorged penis bent on penetrating your throat. While blood might not flow, the tissues are still being broken at the viral level, and allows entry into the bloodstream. Anal sex is risky, and so is fellatio....sorry boys, but it's true. Exchanging fluids is what allows it to spread. Trying to pin down all that fluid exchange on one group among many sexual groups is downright early 20th century nonsense, and the modern world should not be tolerating this kind of antique ranting anymore.

We have real problems to deal with, not someone's sense of vicious justice based on an even more antique God...

Antique is the definitive word here for RC. Keep it in mind, and you will see I am right.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:34 am
LOL, you 'recognize' everyone you disagree with stridently "from Abuzz" Umbagog. ;-)

Unfortunately this type of mentality isn't rare. I would that one could be so easily recognized by the rarity of such a mentality.

BTW, over 90% of our new visitors come from search engines.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 02:16 am
IronLionZion wrote:
You're a little late for the festivities, dlowan.

nah - watching all along - just no time to post - and others were doing a great job re what I wanted to say...

I guess as a sort of aside, we in the west were very affected, I think, by the fact that, when AIDS came to us, the gay male "Summer of Love" in a few cities - like San Francisco - gave it a perfect growing ground for a while. Despite some apathy, in relation to funding etc., caused by its being a "gay plague" in the USA, the fact that the basics of prevention were known - and beginning to be practiced by the gay community in such cities (a generally well educated and aware group) meant that the heterosexual community - with its happenchance slight protection against the disease - was able to be educated and begin to change sexual behaviour (condoms were NOT popular at the time!!!!) before a huge population of infected largely heterosexual people developed that was big enough to trigger the feared epidemic.

Countries like Australia were fortunate - in a sad and macabre way - to have the example of the US to examine, since we followed a little behind - and, while our gay male community suffered greatly, the epidemic was better managed, treated and educated against.

Sadly, I understand that infection rates mongst all sexual orientations here are up a little again - as people forget the toll taken by AIDS earlier - and consider the disease both treatable and unlikely.

Ironically, the message, if there is one in AIDS, would seem to be to be a non-needle-sharing lesbian.

I recall being asked to go and work in the AIDS area in Sydney. The doctor heading up the program at the time was a friend. I think one of the dsaddest things I ever saw was at the place he shared with his lover in inner Sydney when I stayed there.

Who remembers "The Joy of Sex"? Well, in the library there was "The Joy of Gay Sex" - published just before the epidemic hit. The book was a celebration of new gay freedom and pride. At the very end, there was a tiny paragraph - added just before publication - mentioning anxiously the rise of a new cluster of illnesses, which were being tentatively linked to some gay male sexual practices...it made me cry, actually - because by then the the sexual freedoms described in the book were history, many were dead, and the kind of horrid backlash which inspired this thread had attempted to link the disease with some kind of punishment of gay men, just to make a horrible situation worse. It made me want to spit then, this stupid prejudice, and to see it still around makes me want to spit harder.

C'est la vie...
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 02:52 am
I'm still at a loss as to what Reality Checkers point was.

He ranted vociferously about the obvious fact that AID's is transmitted readily through open wounds, such as, say, those caused by anal sex. And than jumped to the conclusion that AIDs disciminates based on sexual orientation.
0 Replies