Had a long affair with a married woman, could the child be mine?

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:30 am
I had established a friendship with a married lady I worked with, eventually it became an affair which lasted a few years. One of the problems was that her husband seemed to ignore her. She had said that they did not have sex or even sleep in bed together. At the end of our relationship, she had told me that she was pregnant, saying it was not mine. I was upset as she continuously told me they never slept together. The most recent time before she found out she was pregnant that we had sex was 4 weeks, she said that she had sex with her husband 3 weeks prior and that it had to be his due to the timeframe. We had an argument, and she claimed it was the only time. That did make me realize what I was doing though, so I backed off. I have not spoken to her since, but still wonder if the child could be mine. If I were to see the child there would be certain features that would make it obvious as none of her family or his have native american blood and so certain traits may show, who knows though. I am just wondering what the possibility is of it being mine, whether or not she wants it to be. I don't plan to bother her unless she wishes to speak with me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 494 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:46 am
@duhmecan,
Pursuing this is bad for everyone. It is bad for the mother, bad for the family and bad for the child. Whether you are right or wrong in your suspicions, trying to push the issue is a recipe for disaster and the child is innocent here. Please drop it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:48 am
@duhmecan,
Welcome to the wonderful world of paternity tests.

You can have the baby tested - sue for this if you truly feel the child is yours, and want to be able to assert parental rights. And recognize that that is a double-edged sword, that you'd be on the hook for financial support as well.

If that is what you want, then contact her and tell her you want her child tested (and that you will foot the bill for any testing costs). Lawyer up if she says no. But understand the potential consequences of these actions. If her husband does not know about the affair then of course he will. And understand that there is also the possibility that this child isn't yours and it isn't his, either.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 08:37 am
@duhmecan,
Why did you expect this woman to be truthful to you about her relationship with her husband when she wasn't truthful with her husband about her relationship with you?
0 Replies