Sen. Graham Hints Constitution Outdated

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
"We" let them walk?

Quote:
Put more succinctly, U.S. Justice Louis Brandeis famously wrote in 1928: "Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for the law."

http://rabble.ca/columnists/2013/04/cluster-bombs-boston-and-drone-strikes-yemen
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 11:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
What dishonest intellectual acrobatics.

You offer the "far fetched" hypothetical of a parking scofflaw to advance your point and then attempt to substantiate it with a sneering reference to what the "current crop of neocons are thinking."

So which is it Merry?

The "current crop of neocons" are paranoid and crazy, in which case so is your concern, or they are accurate, in which case you have more in common with them than you would ever like to admit.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 11:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Your contempt for your country is duly noted.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 11:48 pm
So much ignorance on this subject.

There is only one reason to designate the surrviving Boston Bomber an "enemy combatant," and that is to provide sufficent time to drain him of whatever information he may have that will assist us in preventing future terrorist attacks.

Since our current president has ruled out enhance interrogation methods, any acceptable effort required to break him will require time.

Rushing a lawyered up terrorist through the criminal justice system that is likely to send him to a state sponsered death is a bit of a Pyrrihic Victory for the American people if he goes to his death with information that could have prevented another massacre.

It may be worth losing preventative intelligence to preserve constitutional rights, but acknowledge what is actually at stake and stop this partisan crap that colors folks like Graham in the worst possible way.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:15 am
@JTT,
You wrote,
Quote:
"government of the people, by the people, for the people ..."

Where have you been? Since the GOP took over the majority in the House and the minority in the Senate, they've been filibustering almost 99% of what's been brought forward in congress. Yes, and we're the ones who put them there.

If you've been reading my posts, I've given up on the stupidity of the American people who continue to reelect nincompoops to run our country.

That, is out of one person's control. As for what the president does, that's for congress or the supreme court to toe the line. They don't; our government is broken.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Where have you been? Since the GOP took over the majority in the House and the minority in the Senate...

If you've been reading my posts...

I no longer address comments to JTT, but make this one exception:

JTT:

Haven't you been reading CI's posts? If you had, surely you would have, by now, seen the light.

Don't you realize the import of the GOP taking over the minority in the Senate?
roger

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:58 am
@Finn dAbuzz,

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Don't you realize the import of the GOP taking over the minority in the Senate?

Ain't my idea of a take over, but whatever. . . .
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:07 am
@roger,
You've, obviously, not been following CI's posts!
roger

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
So many posts; so little time.

I do recall someone's comments to the effect that all our problems were due to those powerful Republicans in the Senate, but I never got an explanation of how that worked, with them being in the minority and all. He was English or something like that though. No wonder I left in confusion.

In my own limited view, a minority in either house just means they lost too many elections.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 04:25 am
Republican filibusters and Democrat weakness in standing up to them are a major source of our problems. Another source is a president who takes it on himself to see the other side's position better than his own.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 06:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
What in the hell are you refering too you idiot.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 08:30 am
In any event, he was read his rights, nodded that he understood them and said no when asked if he could afford an attorney.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Receives Miranda Rights After Delay For Public Safety Exception

So far it is reported that the two didn't have terrorist ties overseas but were influenced by militants in Russia.

Quote:
Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told investigators in writing Monday that neither he nor his older brother were in touch with any overseas terror groups, according to NBC's Pete Williams. Two U.S. officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, backed Williams' report that the suspects were not involved with any Islamic terrorist groups.

The news organization tweeted the information Monday night. NBC was the first media outlet to report that Suspect 2, as he was dubbed by the FBI, was captured late Friday evening.

NBC also reported that Tsarnaev (whom friends called "Jahar") told authorities in writing that he and his brother discovered instructions for bomb-making on the Internet.

Tsarnaev and brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was killed in a shootout with police, were motivated by religion, according to U.S. officials. Investigators have also been looking into Tamerlan Tsarnaev's time spent in Russia. The older brother was known to have travelled to two predominantly Muslim Russian provices, Dagestan and Chechnya. Authorities were examining whether Tsarnaev may have been influenced by the region's militant population, who have railed against Russian security forces for years.

Although it was first reported that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev would not receive Miranda warnings, he was reportedly read the Miranda rights after a delay, at his hospital bed Monday.

source

I personally think if he was in fact led by his brother, it makes little difference. I am glad, however, they seem to be treating as a criminal matter in keeping with his rights as a citizen.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:22 am
@revelette,
I totally agree.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I no longer address comments to JTT, but make this one exception:

Finn,
You are a lying little scuzzball who will do anything, say anything, with absolutely no regard to morality to advance your amoral positions. Even here, you illustrate what a dumb **** you are, [followed dutifully by another scuzzball, Roger - poor Jane Loh - she thinks she's getting decent advice from Roger on language issues] making a mountain out of not even a molehill.

Quote:
Where have you been? Since the GOP took over the majority in the House and the minority in the Senate...

Instead of going to extraordinary lengths to try to get in a dig against CI for something that you are reading too much into, why didn't you address the important part, the relevant part of what he was actually missing.

You are well aware that the US supposedly has an independent legal/judicial branch that is supposed to follow the rule of law unhindered by the political process.

Despite all the backslapping and self congratulations, that never happened during Watergate and Watergate has never taught y'all a bloody thing. Since Watergate, there has been a greater volume of illegalities, both domestic and international, and no one has been held to account, despite all of A2Ks Joan of Arc, Firefly's frequent demands that these criminals be held to account.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:21 pm
@roger,
Quote:
No wonder I left in confusion.

You do this often, Roger. Or you leave because you're shown to be an idiot. I guess the two go hand in hand.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
See what I told you, Finn, about you being an amoral bastard. And then as soon as I get to the next Finn post, there's Finn, the amoral bastard screaming that the US government should do everything that supposedly goes against what the US is supposed to stand for.

It's a damn good thing that y'all have got your propaganda to help you keep your heads "together".
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
JTT is Canadian.
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:40 pm
@mysteryman,
What would lead you to that conclusion, MM? Because, unlike you and your lot, I actually know about the history of the US.
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:53 pm
@mysteryman,
Why doesn't it seem to bother you, MM, being such an active part of a vicious propaganda mill designed to protect war criminals and terrorists?

It boggles the mind.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 04:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

... I actually know about the history of the US.

Since when?